Orange
4.1 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Orange en Slough

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

4.0Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 15 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 2,945 evaluaciones

Great work life balance

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I worked for Orange for 18 years, for the most part I worked with loads of great people enjoyed the work and it was a stable career move. It's not always easy to get noticed by management unless you really put yourself out there but thats my experience maybe others would disagree.

Pros

Very Stable environment

Contras

Not easy to get pay rises.

Poor leadership in the UK

Worked for Orange for ten years then joined OBS for two. Really disappointed with the Director/Leadership UK Team. Initial lack of training for every new starters, general lack of comms / team engagement and a dictatorship style of the MD became tiresome I.e. Everyone complaining but doing nothing to help improve creating a toxic us and them culture. Unsure how long this Orange subsidiary will last in the UK due to this. Such a shame. I always loved the Orange brand. Still do. Bad experience over the last two years though. One example is the expensing process. You’re expected to pay for everything bar air travel working globally and the claim back process on average took around three months. Everyone complained about this globally but again no one was willing to do something to improve this. In the meantime Orange Business Services continue to profit from their employees. Truly disgraceful that company credit cards were being refused following requests into the UK.

Pros

Team players

Contras

Bad management, lack of team collaboration, support and ethical processes.

My view

Good company to work for. Learned many skills. Drove to customer site to install equipment. When on call was available 24/7. Management was good to work for, workplace culture was a bit insular. Hardest part was being woken up at 3 am to attend a customer site. Greatest part was the freedom to work from home and not to go to the office.

Pros

Home based

Too much travel

Challenging good management

Not a bad place good products advanced technology good people to work with. Great management team. Moving ahead with technology, global company who keeps you in the loop

Culture d'entreprise

C'est un environnement très professionnel mais détendu qui offre des heures de travail flexibles. La direction est attentive à la santé mentale et physique des employés et peut fournir des alternatives pour certaines situations.

Pros

horraire flexible

cantine non gratuit.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

varied work

Had to be adaptable As it was Sales with tight deadlines, could be high pressure. Can be difficult getting worked completed due to processes and lack of resources.

Pros

Good environment

Challenging

start of the day we would clean the phones that are on show make sure everything is well presented and wait for customers to come in. I learnt about the different types of phones and contracts and how to approach a customer to get the right deal for them. Management was helpful with any questions i had and showing me around the shop. Hardest part was that i couldn't actually open a new phone contract for a customer as i was only a temp for the iphone 5 launch. Most enjoyable was having the fun and bubbly staff, they made me feel comfortable and helped my experience with Orange.

Working hours 9 to 5
Cultura laboral

Excellent, colaborative, suportive and dynamic company.

Supporting a multinational customer, based across many European countries and the Americas. Day to date service delivery support and project management.

Business Analyst

I am a Business Analyst working in the Revenue Forecasting system. Typically I am involved in writing Business Requirement Documents for the system reflecting the needs of the business. These documents are used by development to implement changes into the system .

Pros

Challanging and enjoyable work

Non

Two distinct identities

Working for the global arm of the company (as opposed to Orange UK) meant that decisions were taken by senior management based in France (France Telecom). The team decreased in size from 2009 due to redundancies and job reallocation. Nonetheless the team spirit and productivity was greater than other teams. I dealt primarily with major global clients based in Switzerland. I learned to manage their expectations whilst maintaining good working relationships.

Pros

flexibility, working from home

Contras

long hours, over loading of work on too few staff
Cultura laboral

Culturally and business rich experience

Orange was a great place to workIt had a great global teamThere was always a lot to do

Pros

global interaction, lots to learn and do

Contras

often operated at quite a slow pace

Typical Telecoms company - highly pressured

Good environment, highly pressured and very target and performance orientated

Pros

free parking

long hours and politics

Invaluable experience

Excellent experience in Marketing. Thoroughly enjoying this role.
Cultura laboral

Review of my recent work place

It is a very nice place to work for. Very organised and if you get a problem you know where to get help. Very good IT systems are available.Some workers are based in India and France. But with e-mail, phone and instant messaging it is very easy to contact them. Everybody is very helpful and common aim is to get the work done and get the final results.My work was to get the commissions analysed and send the final report to Payroll. You have deadlines. But we had little leeway for these. So always we could get the work done on time.I managed two units. Germany and UK sales commissions,We used Excel to analysed and finalised these reports. With excel once the template is set-up it is not too difficult to produce the report on time and them get two approvals and send them to Payroll via e-mail and take the Hard Copy by hand.It was an exciting and interesting post. As it was a contract I had to leave at the end of my contract.I have a Degree in Maths and CIMA Stage 3 . I also have excellent IT skills and accountancy skills. Now I am waiting for my next move. As the market is quire I find bit difficult to find a suitable opportunity

Pros

nothing.

Different scenario every day

first thing in the morning lots of email and IM communications, due to urgent attentions all people wanting to know how things going.I have learnt a lot about human behaviour (very interesting)Management are very approachable and friendly.Co workers are like family ups and downs but mainly ups (very friendly and warm employees)Hardest part of the job is when everyone want something from you at the same time, but very rewarding once completed.

Pros

flexible and lively

no cons
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Orange. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general