logotipo de la empresa Nielsen
Nielsen
3,8 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Membership Representative en Nielsen

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 86 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 2749 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Sign the home, ALL TV's, keep them in the ratings OR ELSE!

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Established well known company, great benefits - sign up homes, make sure all TV's are listed - keep them in the ratings no matter what. All i can say is sign as many homes as possible, doesn't matter how much seniority you have, YOU ARE AS GOOD AS HOW MANY SIGNS YOU HAVE. Benefits are good pay is OK. If your signing homes your fine, if your not and your having trouble or don't feel comfortable doing door to door sales then this job is not for you!

Pros

benefits, car

Contras

Your as good as how many signs you produce

A pretty sweet job

I wouldn't change this job for the world. There's plenty of room to move up in the company and they are always encouraging you to stand out and be known. The employees treat you like family. Overall a great working environment

Pros

A lot of company-issued resources (car with insurance, phone, laptop, healthcare, etc.)

Contras

Working 5 days a week (couldn't think of anything else)
Cultura laboral

It's a good overall company to work for.

A good company to work for with good benefits, the hours can be tough, some weekends and nights required. Sometimes it can be hard to get the necessary work load to be successful. Good starting job for someone who really enjoys talking to people and has no fear of rejection.

Pros

Free company car, tuition reimbursement

Contras

Work hours, performance based.

Interesting work

Good place to work. If you are hard-working and willing to put in the effort you can make good money. Training for two weeks in Florida and have your own company car that you can use for personal use too.

Pros

Nice people

Stringent goals

The abuse

The company will use and abuse you - no work life balance - not paid fairly - no support from mgmt and the list goes on and on - from the crazy expectations to the 14 hr days

Pros

co car

everything

19 noviembre 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that your Nielsen experience wasn’t a positive one, and we will consider your feedback as an opportunity to improve.

19 noviembre 2020

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

If you enjoyed High School

This is the place for you! It isn't about what you do, its about who likes you. Most managers only have HS education and it shows. Software is proprietary and fails constantly, along with hard ware.

Pros

benefits

Contras

management is clueless and acts like they are still in HS

Great Company, Great Culture, Great Opportunity

I always suggest, when looking for a job, you look at the average tenure of employees. People have been with Nielsen for years. Why? (my opinion) The company from the top down are quality people, supportive people, who will go out of their way to help you, support you, include you, in any and every way possible. I would challenge anyone to find a more inclusive company. The job is challenging but rewarding. It will test you, but you will be better for it and rewarded for your success. The benefits are top notch, from health to the many ancillaries, you are taken care of. They encourage you to better yourself and will reward you for it. The hardest part of the job is self discipline. You are expected to get your work done without being micromanaged. If you can handle that type of environment you will flourish here.

Pros

Management, Benefits, Opportunity

Contras

It's not really a con but you will be expected to work!

No security

I worked my butt off for nearly a year for this company and it was not possible to meet the goals they set for you. Instead of not only not receiving commission, they put you on a track to fire you.

Pros

Dictate your work day.

Contras

nights and weekends so say goodbye to life as you know it.
Cultura laboral

It sounds simple and lucrative, but it is not.

Job focuses on meeting a quota. They are very supportive and assist whenever possible. As long as you are successful in meeting quotas, you control your time and various locations. I found it virtually impossible to meet the quotas.

Terrible Place to Work

The company makes millions per account, while employees are discarded based on numbers of homes signed up. Many territories are notorious for having poor sign up numbers because of the demographic not because of the sales person

Good Benefits

Good Benefits, You must be the very best for good compensation. Management Staff is not forward thinking to make a difference. There are many great people at Nielsen.
Cultura laboral

Good entry level job in sales

Door to door sales is tough so understand that before going into this role. The job is overall simple if you put in the time and effort but compensation is low, too low to be walking around in dangerous neighborhoods.

Good band aid job

Nielsen is a great organization and training is top notch. Was sent to Tampa Fl for training and had a great experience. The job of membership rep was not a good fit for me but may be for others, The job is knocking doors in defined areas and engaging household members with key demographic questions to get a match, if they match then you go into you presentation about being a Neilsen family and how to participate, Neilsen offers $50-100 gift card to set up their devices on all TV's to catch a code on what the family watch. I was told the average monthly commission was $1500 this was way off, more like $300-$400 per month with a base of $34000 - $38000 and a company car. So in all not a bad job but the door knocking was a grind. Just not a good fit for me at the time.

22 noviembre 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate the work you did as a Membership Representative. We have made recent improved changes to our salary and performance-based bonus structure based on feedback from our organization.
Cultura laboral

Poor training with no onboarding process to help a new employee succeed.

The hours are horrible; you are required to work evenings and weekends. The work that you get assigned is most likely old addresses which are just getting recycle back into the system for the next new group of test dummies.

22 noviembre 2019
We are disappointed to hear you did not have a positive Nielsen experience and appreciate the feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve, evolve and grow. The Membership Representative role is not for everyone, but it is the right role for the right person. The role requires evening and occasional weekend hours as those hours are when we are best able to connect with prospective panelists.

A great place to work

Nielsen is a great place to work, one is adequately paid but the work can be very demanding. It may not be quite racially diverse at management level but it is certainly diverse at the field personnel level.

22 noviembre 2019
We appreciate you and the work that you did as a Membership Representative! Membership Representatives are the face of Nielsen and a crucial role!
Cultura laboral

Horrible pay, management and HR - Nobody cares about the employees. At all.

I worked here a year and a half. Neilsen is owned by stock holders who meet to discuss how they can put more money in their pockets, so they always want to pay you less. That said, Nielsen does not care about their employees at all. They care about stock holders and clients and nobody else. Nielsen pays far below the market, so they can not afford to hire smart managers, they get low hanging fruit for both lower and upper management. I often laughed out loud at the decisions they made! Even if you are one of the best, they do not protect you or give you enough work so you will not make any money or bonuses.They have people come from all around the country to help and they give those visiting workers priority and don't care about their own local reps. It was the hardest job I ever had and I was good at it. But nobody noticed or cared, because they expected you to make miracles out of their bad decisions - squeeze bllod out of a rock. They blame you for everything the company does wrong. If the sky is not blue enoughm, it will be your fault. They expect you to take calls all times of night and day, morning meetings and work until 9 or 10 pm and jump when they say "how high". Management is ignorant, low pay. zero work-life balance, and nobody cares about employees, you are a number, and they think, "easily replaced". They will not value you. /they use you up.

28 octubre 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We understand that a healthy work-life balance is essential to the success of our associates, and we strive to maintain a culture that values people’s overall well-being. We are disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
Cultura laboral

Great place to work ! Great benefits starting day one ! Vacation time is generous

It’s like owning your own business! You meet people from all over the city and the Midwest! There are opportunities to swat live in a hotel and travel make extra money!

16 septiembre 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Membership Representative. We are happy to hear that you are you having a great Nielsen experience. We love having you as part of the Nielsen Family!

Self Management and tough skin is needed *Not for everyone

Working at Nielsen was an adventure. It is definitely hard work and dedication. You get bonuses for excelling. You must be able to have excellent organization skills and time management. You must be able to work independently and keep task at hand and not lose focus, stay committed to your goals of recruiting. You must have confidence, be brave, in addition to self-motivated and able to persuade others. You must possess a sense of wittiness and be able to determine certain situations.

16 septiembre 2019
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your contributions as a Membership Representative. We are happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen experience. Our Field roles are the faces of Nielsen in our local communities and at the core of what we do. We acknowledge the job is tough and not for everyone. For many, the Membership Representative role is a great fit and a great role that offers them great rewards! Thank you for sharing your perspective on what the role takes as they are spot on with what it takes!

Great experience

The job was great. It demands discipline and a go getter attitude. The office staff and co workers were outstanding and enjoyed my position at this company.

Pros

Independence

Supervisor

9 septiembre 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you had a great Nielsen employee experience!
Cultura laboral

Nielsen is a racist company

If you try to complain about a Nielsen racist manager who uses a racial slur to HR, you will get retiallated against and fired. HR top management will help cover things up and ignore complants and ignore things and even though they said they will keep things secret will go against you and fire you working with a racist manager who tweets racist things.
Cultura laboral

Perfect position for a true “Hunter”

Nielsen has a great corporate culture and makes changes quickly for the benefit of and suggestions of employees. The Membership Sales Representative position is ideal for candidates with a true “Hunter” mentality and attitude. That attitude with a good work ethic will bring success!

9 septiembre 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience as a Membership Representative. We are thrilled to hear that you are you having a great Nielsen experience. We appreciate your hard work and love having you as part of the Nielsen Family!
  • Empresas