logotipo de la empresa Nielsen
Nielsen
3,8 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Manager en Nielsen

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 26 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 2749 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Fast paced and diverse environment

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
A typical day at work is coaching and developing my direct reports, updating attendance, quality, and maintaining morale. Diversity and Inclusion is the mission for 2020 moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the day is bonding with my peers. There's always something new to learn no matter how long you've worked here. The hardest part of the job is when you have to accept that you didn't accomplish everything you set out to do for the day.
Cultura laboral

Used to be a great company, and the lean six sigma took over

I worked at Nielsen for 14 years, working my way up to management in the field operations group. When I first started, it was amazing. Great culture, growing business, groundbreaking technology. Then the business changed with streaming services took over and the company was purchased. They immediately focused on leaning the company out, which is expected. I thought I would work there forever, but it got so bad I had to move on. The good thing is Nielsen motivated me to go back to school to get my MBA, which was the best decision I could have ever made.

Pros

work life balance

antiquated business
Cultura laboral

Good company for the start of your career

Terrible local management. However well respected brand name and a multinational organization with good processes that cascade to markets.
Cultura laboral

Good place to work but there is no job security. They can fire you any time with no reason. Benefits are little bit more as compare to local companies.

Good for entry level

Plenty of opportunities for entry level employees coming out of college. Highly recommend more experienced employees to look somewhere else for a career opportunity.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Good place to work, but no one retires from Nielsen

Nielsen offers great resources and benefits and can be a fun place to work. But the pay isn't great and most people do not stay long term. A lot of new hires get burnt out due to long hours.

Stressful, poor work/life balance

Focus is on numbers not people, constant pressure to cut costs and do more with fewer and fewer people. Worked long hours... lots of fire drills.....
Cultura laboral

Used to be a nice place to work

There were some really good years at this company. Many ups and downs. Recent years it's been on a 'downward trend' as leadership is highly focused on shareholders. Many cost savings measures resulted in positions being eliminated or outsourced, people who were left were expected to fill the void, which lead to longer hours, and more pressure. Meanwhile the bonus and pay raises kept shrinking. Work/life balance just wasn't there.

Pros

People

Contras

Leadership too focused on shareholders, not enough focus on employees

Its a great company

I really have nothing bad to say. Just be prepared to not only do your job, but you will also be asked to work on other projects. There is not much work/life balance as a manager because there is always something that needs to be done yesterday.

Pros

culture. the people you work with are awesome

work/life balance

great people, low salary

nice associates, a lot of socializing. one can learn working in multicultural environment. the biggest difficulty is to bring a change and have a conclusive dialogue with the management in certain areas.

Depends on the team

I've spent the past 3 years at Nielsen. The first half was great, the second half, not so much. I work on a very demanding client that doesn't care about work load or work life balance. Management is the same
Cultura laboral

The company is wonderful to work for, the atmosphere is very laid back, able to work on your own and touch base weekly with supervisors...Salary is competitive. Overall enjoy my time with Nielsen until the supervisor was changed ultimately leading to much confusion and lack of sufficient communication.Other than that, enjoy going to work every day.

Pros

Wonderful company to work for, flexibility, pro working from home, competitive salary.

Contras

management unprofessional, delayed responses on urgent matters

Cut Throat Job Its who you know not what you know

Very Stressful. cut throat, Management can care less about you and your need, there is so much pressure placed on Management that it trickles down to the employees. No Mentor ship.

Pros

work from homeStress, Cut Throat, Upper Management

Professional and Production Driven Environment

A typical day at Nielsen is centered on developing and coaching employees to increase their performance while obtaining their professional and personal goals. My management skills have been utilize across the board in my current role working with my peers, other members of Leadership along with our Research Interviews and Supervisors overall over the past three years. The hardest part of the job is actually our Attrition: For example it is quite challenging getting the research interviewers to not only come to work but staying at work. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see my employees transformed into positions or roles we have been working together on for their success.

Pros

On-going reognition based on performance along with employee development.

Limited Leadershihp Opportunity

Glimpses of greatness

The company relies on the ability to push client needs through quickly. Can be great for clients, can be difficult for resources. The most difficult part of the job is never knowing when the priority will shift - often without relaxing deadlines which requires long hours. The employee collaboration is often the most enjoyable part of the job - working together for a common goal. There is a huge push to continually try new technology.

Pros

New technology means skills can be kept current

Contras

Long hours, poor work life balance
Cultura laboral

Use to be a Great company!!

Good company to start your career as you will gain a great deal of knowledge. Great leadership programs for new graduates to excel. However, company is in constant reactive vs proactive vision. Can't really be excited about products when they are changing vision as soon as new products are introduced.

Pros

Option to work from home, opportunity to learn, great people

Consistently reorganizing and layoffs
Cultura laboral

Young, energetic and fun to work. People are really smart and full of passion

Nielsen is an academic company, which means less political thing. And I loved about it. People working here are really smart, my brain was challenged by new things everyday. However, as agency, it is difficult to keep work life balance (not sure about US, because I was working for Nielsen in China). So most people will change job when they want to be more dedicated to family or kids. Company culture is amazing, very young and energetic, everyone is so nice and helpful.

Pros

Energetic, Less political things, Work with really smart people

Contras

difficult to maintain work life balance

Great place to learn

Need to be able to navigate the politics, in an otherwise fun place. Great place to learn and improve skills. Stay away from the Sharjah office
Cultura laboral

pretty presentations, group work and independent work well, work responsibilities

- Group Leader team check photo: check the work-related images for parts field word - Trainer/Support/Admin Project: + Responsible for the training of project knowledge to new employees + Planning to participate in training courses for soft skills Group Leader / Field Supervisor + Support training office tasks for the new Group Leader. + Available to assist project upon request

Great Company for Entry Level

It is a great company for entry level, due to many opportunities happened around the company. And the colleagues are friendly and working environment is nice. While it has huge work load and management lacking of ppl management experience.

Pros

Friendly Working Environment

Long Hours and Huge Work Load

Nice company in CPMG Field

Great company. Visiting clients helping them with insights Delivering business and technical insights Working with bright team members Coworkers from very good schools
  • Empresas