logotipo de la empresa Nestlé
Nestlé
4,2 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Production Worker en Nestlé

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 45 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 9683 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Its okay, long hours but easy work

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Work wasn't hard and I always finished mine, not a bad place. The management and people there care about their employees. The pay is good for such easy work.
Cultura laboral

factory work, nothing more to add

- Schedules are a mess, you have a different schedule every week.- Office personnel take it personally when either you call or say you don't want to work in certain shifts.- Surprisingly stressful at times, and most common than it seems, people start to yell at each other.

Pros

Free icecream

short breaks, random schedules
Cultura laboral

Great pay; very stressful environment

I didn't work there long before I realized that it wasn't for me - especially having a family. They put you through a rigorous training process for two days where you learn hundreds of rules, then they expect you to remember every detail once you finally get out to the floor. Some employees are helpful while others are utter butt holes - they act as if they don't want you to know everything they know, and if you have a question, they look and talk to you like you're stupid. It helps if your an attractive female - sad but true! Furthermore, because of the mask mandates, your glasses will fog up your entire twelve hour shift because you'll sweat in your hard hat and the environment is cold. Forget about using the wipes that supposedly keep them from fogging up - they don't work! You have to keep up with all kinds of tools and different gloves. I put one of my knifes down momentarily and was told by another employee that I could get fired for doing so. My gloves fell out of my pocket at one point and I thought they were going to shut my line down because of it - probably because they were afraid it was in the food product. That's understandable, but perhaps there should be a better place to put all your items other than your pockets; thinks are going to fall out! They'll walk you off the floor and have security to take you for a drug test over any little accident - even a knick to the finger! The team leaders are twenty-somethings with very big heads! The work itself wasn't too bad although in my area there was a lot of heavy lifting. Some of the meat and the cheese products come -

Pros

Great pay

Pretty much everything
Cultura laboral

Have fun trying to climb the ladder

I was a seasonal employee. I showed them everyday how much I enjoyed working there and how much I wanted to learn new things. I was there for a year and they did not renew my contract because I missed a few days. They did not teach me anything new. They dont care about seasonal employees even though I signed up for overtime I never got it. Its really easy to get discouraged at the London Nestle Plant. If you miss even one day they will not hire you full time.

Pros

Some workers are nice but thats it for pros

Contras

Never going to get ahead here. They talk a big game but its all lies.
Cultura laboral

Don’t apply if you want to join the military

I joined Nestlé while planning on joining the military and during my interview I was told that there would be no issue. Fast forward to my swearing in ceremony and after becoming a military member I was told that I don’t get special privileges just because I was joining the military (I asked for the day shift). Then after about 4 months I had to quit the military as Nestlé was messing with my schedule and job assignment (I assume to make me quit as I was ripped on about it by many). Then as I was stuck on the night shift newer employees passed right by me into class 1 and 2 jobs while I was stuck pushing a cart around all night doing a useless job on a shift I medically could not do. I then took a LOA due to medical reasons caused by work and my benefits company was asked by my doctor that I am put on the day shift as that is the only commendation I need and they declined, then I was terminated. This was my first union job and I hear so many good things about other places but at this point in time I wouldn’t suggest this place nor union as a career choice as they do not work with you, you work with them and if you don’t you’re gone.

Pros

Free ice cream (while working)

Contras

Favouritism, administration ignores employees unless being spoken to by a union member on behalf of the employee, discrimination, and ignorance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Discrimination and Harassment toward employees

Terrible place with a bad internal culture. Union and Managments are doing a terrible job. Favouritism and harassment to the employees is a show for them. This needs to go public. People needs to know that this is a terrible place that harass and discriminate the good employees.

Contras

So many cons that i will need a book

Toxic Toxic Toxic

I’ve been working in bad places, terrible places, worst places and here. Is a place with poor internal culture. People in there are expecting “s3xual favours” for getting some hours. The managment is not serious about harassment complaints, in fact they encorage all kind of bad behaviours from employees towards other employees. Nobody wants to be responsible for their job, and they are always looking for someone to blame for their mistakes. Aweful environment towards minorities unless you get to sleep with everybody so they may let you have some hours until they want to have you in their bed again

Pros

Pay is somehow fair

Contras

Harassment and Discrimination is encouraged by the managers

Not same work same pay

Two kinds of people working at nestles the hard worker and the worker that hardly work for same pay not fair!!!! Lazy management that disrespect there employees and treat them like little people !!! And Human Resources is a complete joke!!!

No life

12 hour days suck Management does not care whether your have a life outside this company!! Certain people can do no wrong over there and others pay the price for their stupidity!!!
Cultura laboral

Misleading job poster about "potential overtime." Good place to work. Good people.

Honestly, the job is easy. You just need to have a good positive attitude, because the job can be boring at times. Your experience also heavily depends on the line you work at. For example some lines have you rotating through 5-6 tasks every 20-30 minutes, which is awesome because you don't get bored and the day goes by much quicker. Whereas if you're on ice cream sandwiches the entirety of your day you will stand there and load sandwiches into a chute with nothing else. It helps having good coworkers who are easy to talk to. People here are generally really nice and positive. You kind of have to be to grind through any factory job I guess. I have social anxiety at times which is diminishing thank goodness and feel very accepted nonetheless. I never felt someone being rude to me because I'm a seasonal. The job ad said "with the potential of overtime." This is very misleading. The job pays $15.5 an hour which is manageable if you have your debt paid off and live with your parents and don't have to work through anything unusual or atypical. Financing anything like that with this salary can be tough. The one caveat though is the potential of overtime. If you get even one day of overtime per week it makes your life so much easier, especially for me. It makes all the difference. Currently I am living with my parents again after school ended and have a very toxic home environment that's not good for my health but would struggle moving out without a day of ot a week. Also need to work on my social anxiety using various resources but again, even one day a week of ot will help -

Nice place to work

Nestle is a nice place to work.You are treated with respect (either part time or seasonal staff). The staff are willing to train you on the job and they are very nice people at Nestle Ice cream Coy London

Pros

On the Job tarining, Free Ice cream, a lot more
Cultura laboral

It was a great experience for the time being, excellent work experience.

Good place to start a 9-5 with part time hours and learn about team work. Also learn more about inside company business affairs and how to manage products

poor management

we are told to put comments into computer to let office workers know what happens at night but if you write something that makes a manager look bad the comment is deleted by that manager before anyone important can see it. weve only had one manager on nights since ive been here but now we have 3 and they send people home because they say nestle cant afford to keep the production workers yet they have 3 managers on the shift

No guaranteed hours

Nestle while a great ethical corporation, has issues in the London location. While I was working as a production worker (packing), the job started out smoothly for the first 4 months. Pay was competitive, work was easy, environment was clean and safe. However, I was soon saw the dark side of the work culture as the production season was slowing down. During March, almost the majority of non- hired on/ non full time workers, were put on the night shift permanently. This was due to very few to no full workers wanting to work the night shift. While this is normal for any kind of factory work, this continued for 2 months and there were was no other shift rotation for the seasonal workers ( continental shift ect). The night shifts featured disrespectful management, full time workers often berated and used profanity for little to no reason as there was a toxic culture against seasonals. Full timers openly disrespected new-comers for no reason, any mistake on machinery by operators was always attributed to seasonals and blame was always shifted to seasonals. During this time management would call in a full working crew during the night shift for all lines, despite many of the lines only running for 30 minutes to an hour during the night. When production was finished the night shift managers would use take seasonal workers "out of rotation", taking them off the lines and asking them to stand around, as they were not permitted to go home without pay or even clean or touch machinery. All this while fulltimers worked and had free reign on what they could do during down time (mostly sitting -

Pros

Free icecream/ cheap staff store, easy work

Contras

Toxic full timers. union dues without union benefits
Cultura laboral

Nestle always keeps you busy

When I worked there it was friendly great environment had lots to do had great benefits I would recommend anyone to work there learned alot can move up and make great pay

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Contras

Worked alot and had one day off

fast pase

i got sick of headed to work and getting a phone call from work calling me to let me know that they did not need me because my line that i work on was down and they did not need me and it happen more then one time a week

ok place to work

work is fast paced and at times strenuous. management isn't always the friendliest but the workplace culture and coworkers make it worthwhile. most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction of coworkers and the worst part would be the dealing with management.

Pros

great healthcare

management not appreciative

Great Pay for only 38 weeks of work

With only 38 weeks of production, the other 14 weeks is when the plant is on down time for many possible upgrades within the facility. Those 14 weeks down time aren't paid so you have to plan for them accordingly. Even within those 14 weeks the plant may still need your help with the upgrades but doesn't know what "plan" they want to implement. In my 3 months training, they switched my trainer and shift. My original trainer was Army Reserves and expected for you to know everything after showing you how to do it 2 times. My other trainer was leaving his position and didn't really care about training, because he was being trained for his new position. Bickering with each shift for small little things like not signing tasks they did or not doing tasks assign to each shift.

Pros

Great Pay

Everything else
Cultura laboral

Recommend for someone single with no family.

Poor Management, Want employee to follow rules but give you no time to do so. Poor training and always lacking people and help. You never know what hours you will be working or what shift. Change rules all the time and favoritism is all over the place, even though its Union. In the amount of time I worked there; 5 years, there was well over 75% turn over. I’ve never seen that anywhere.

Pros

Lots of lay-off time

Contras

You never know when you will be working

Baker/Cleaner

I worked at Nestle for a few years, the manager was fairly strict. But he doesn't work there anymore. The environment is alright, you get a lot of teenagers and parent(s). So it's not too hard to keep a smilling face.
Cultura laboral

Not a terrible place to work

The compensation is okay. Most of production works a 2-2-3 schedule which sounds like you get tons of home time, but working every other weekend isn't fun. The work atmosphere isn't bad, there are a bunch of great people who work there. The issue with the company is lack of advancement opportunities.

Pros

Great people, stable company, good benefits/programs

Contras

schedule, lack of advancement opportunities
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Nestlé. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general