logotipo de la empresa Nestlé
Nestlé
4,2 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Nestlé en London, ON

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 43 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 9683 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

I have an opportunity to work as a production worker

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I feel the staffs are very freindly and cooperative people, it was a good experience with work with nestle last couple of months..however i got less hours in the beginning that will not help me to run my monthly expences, so i quit the job overall had a good experience with staff and management.. Thanks nestle..

Pros

Nothing.. Free ice creams

Awesome..
Cultura laboral

factory work, nothing more to add

- Schedules are a mess, you have a different schedule every week.- Office personnel take it personally when either you call or say you don't want to work in certain shifts.- Surprisingly stressful at times, and most common than it seems, people start to yell at each other.

Pros

Free icecream

short breaks, random schedules
Cultura laboral

Have fun trying to climb the ladder

I was a seasonal employee. I showed them everyday how much I enjoyed working there and how much I wanted to learn new things. I was there for a year and they did not renew my contract because I missed a few days. They did not teach me anything new. They dont care about seasonal employees even though I signed up for overtime I never got it. Its really easy to get discouraged at the London Nestle Plant. If you miss even one day they will not hire you full time.

Pros

Some workers are nice but thats it for pros

Contras

Never going to get ahead here. They talk a big game but its all lies.

What a joke

Family and there friends come 1st. Good luck on feeling part of the team. Management tells great stories about how well you are doing and that you will be called back after shut down. This is a lie. Even if you’ve never missed a day or never been late for his shift. You could care a lot about the job and show it yet that doesn’t mean anything to them. You will be paying union dues for a union that will do nothing for you You will be paying union dues for a union that will do nothing for you. I guess that’s the perks of being a seasonal. Best of luck

Pros

Free Frozen dessert.

Management Pay favouritism
Cultura laboral

Don’t apply if you want to join the military

I joined Nestlé while planning on joining the military and during my interview I was told that there would be no issue. Fast forward to my swearing in ceremony and after becoming a military member I was told that I don’t get special privileges just because I was joining the military (I asked for the day shift). Then after about 4 months I had to quit the military as Nestlé was messing with my schedule and job assignment (I assume to make me quit as I was ripped on about it by many). Then as I was stuck on the night shift newer employees passed right by me into class 1 and 2 jobs while I was stuck pushing a cart around all night doing a useless job on a shift I medically could not do. I then took a LOA due to medical reasons caused by work and my benefits company was asked by my doctor that I am put on the day shift as that is the only commendation I need and they declined, then I was terminated. This was my first union job and I hear so many good things about other places but at this point in time I wouldn’t suggest this place nor union as a career choice as they do not work with you, you work with them and if you don’t you’re gone.

Pros

Free ice cream (while working)

Contras

Favouritism, administration ignores employees unless being spoken to by a union member on behalf of the employee, discrimination, and ignorance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Prductive and fun

Good in everything , when I hear about hirring day I went and they gave me assessment in math to see if I have a good thinning after that one nice man met me and ask me some questions about my work before after two days I go work.

Pros

free ice cream

Cultura laboral

perfect jobs and friends but I'm looking for more money and experience

when I started with Nestle I change my life to be better and I improve my English skills, know more about PLC's types and how they working . in addition, I got experiences how is production lines working like line 500,600 and 12
Cultura laboral

Misleading job poster about "potential overtime." Good place to work. Good people.

Honestly, the job is easy. You just need to have a good positive attitude, because the job can be boring at times. Your experience also heavily depends on the line you work at. For example some lines have you rotating through 5-6 tasks every 20-30 minutes, which is awesome because you don't get bored and the day goes by much quicker. Whereas if you're on ice cream sandwiches the entirety of your day you will stand there and load sandwiches into a chute with nothing else. It helps having good coworkers who are easy to talk to. People here are generally really nice and positive. You kind of have to be to grind through any factory job I guess. I have social anxiety at times which is diminishing thank goodness and feel very accepted nonetheless. I never felt someone being rude to me because I'm a seasonal. The job ad said "with the potential of overtime." This is very misleading. The job pays $15.5 an hour which is manageable if you have your debt paid off and live with your parents and don't have to work through anything unusual or atypical. Financing anything like that with this salary can be tough. The one caveat though is the potential of overtime. If you get even one day of overtime per week it makes your life so much easier, especially for me. It makes all the difference. Currently I am living with my parents again after school ended and have a very toxic home environment that's not good for my health but would struggle moving out without a day of ot a week. Also need to work on my social anxiety using various resources but again, even one day a week of ot will help -

Very Negative Atmosphere

The management sells the factory as a "family" company. There is blatant favouritism and many people are assigned positions they are not qualified for. Employees negatively comment on other employees on a regular basis. Managers rarely respond to complaints and or improvements recommended. In 2 years I never heard a manager give positive reinforcement to anyone I worked with. Scheduling is terrible. They post them on Thursday, finalize them on Friday for that very same following Sunday onward. You literally get about 36 hours notice for schedules for the following week. Definitely not a place I would recommend.

Excellent company

Great family company to work for and super benefits and incentives for doing a great job Fabulous products as well that I sold in in south western ontario
Cultura laboral

Nestle is aNestle is a very clean, safe,mentally stimulating, physical working enviroment

Clean Uniforms Provided Safety Training essential and always current Specific Job Training Advancement opportunities Midnight shift production and EPSU/Equipment Preparation and Set-up includes running production, reversing stock, shift reports, tear down, full clean, scrub, rinse sanitize and reassemble. The hardest part of the job was the allotted time to perform these duties some nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of a good run of production, the team work, camaraderie and problem solving when necessary.

Pros

A clean, safe, friendly enviroment

Midnight shift
Cultura laboral

Hit or Miss (+3 years, 4 seasons)

Most of everything is decent at best. If you get lucky you can have a great week, an environment that is enjoyable but certain weeks are terrible for the majority of the time. I have worked with some of the worst employees and some of the best, some have been so bad and not told off that work was exhausting with those workers alone. 8-hour workdays were good but I had a few 10-hour scheduled days and 48-hour work weeks which made me feel like I had no life outside of work. On top of that rare free vending machine days (for $1 coffee), a recent card-only starbucks machine that makes even paying for a coffee a hassle, and job security as a whole hit or miss depending on how where and whether you're a seasonal. Overall, a pretty decent decision if you need the money and an ice cream factory works for you but it's basically guaranteed you will go through at least one issue while working here.

Nice place to work

Nestle is a nice place to work.You are treated with respect (either part time or seasonal staff). The staff are willing to train you on the job and they are very nice people at Nestle Ice cream Coy London

Pros

On the Job tarining, Free Ice cream, a lot more

Sucks to be a seasonal

If you get hired here full time it's great just like most full time jobs. If you're a seasonal, be prepared to work anywhere from 0 shifts to very seldomly 5 shifts. You will even get a week where you'll work a midnight, an afternoon, and a day shift. Because Nestle really doesn't care about their employees. Majority of the people working here are at a point in their life where there's nothing else for them. The people who make the schedule have no clue what they're doing and they will hire more people just so they seasonals don't get 40 hours or overtime.

Pros

Discounted ice cream

Contras

Scheduling, terrible quality company lunches
Cultura laboral

Job stability with great perks but lacking management

The people who work on the production floor are generally very kind and helpful, but management has gone downhill since I started a few years ago. Scheduling is always a hassle to deal with, making it virtually impossible to guarantee full time hours or to be able to work a second job.
Cultura laboral

Decent place although a bit mismanaged for new people.

Going on the floor and everything is simple enough, but if you get lost or need answers it's a bit much trying to find someone who knows everything and you can't really interrupt people on their lines.

No guaranteed hours

Nestle while a great ethical corporation, has issues in the London location. While I was working as a production worker (packing), the job started out smoothly for the first 4 months. Pay was competitive, work was easy, environment was clean and safe. However, I was soon saw the dark side of the work culture as the production season was slowing down. During March, almost the majority of non- hired on/ non full time workers, were put on the night shift permanently. This was due to very few to no full workers wanting to work the night shift. While this is normal for any kind of factory work, this continued for 2 months and there were was no other shift rotation for the seasonal workers ( continental shift ect). The night shifts featured disrespectful management, full time workers often berated and used profanity for little to no reason as there was a toxic culture against seasonals. Full timers openly disrespected new-comers for no reason, any mistake on machinery by operators was always attributed to seasonals and blame was always shifted to seasonals. During this time management would call in a full working crew during the night shift for all lines, despite many of the lines only running for 30 minutes to an hour during the night. When production was finished the night shift managers would use take seasonal workers "out of rotation", taking them off the lines and asking them to stand around, as they were not permitted to go home without pay or even clean or touch machinery. All this while fulltimers worked and had free reign on what they could do during down time (mostly sitting -

Pros

Free icecream/ cheap staff store, easy work

Contras

Toxic full timers. union dues without union benefits

Great Place!

I worked @ Nestle last summer and I must admit, it was a SUPER job. The people are great and it is Super clean and they are very conscious about their product. They have Family events and the Employee store is the BEST. The only stickler is shift work. I can't count how many times (while on shift) I said that I was having too much fun! Nestle~ a GREAT place! Simply put!

Pros

Family events/ Employee store/ Nice people to work with

Shift Work
Cultura laboral

Easy enough job to get but hard to keep

At first i was excited to come to work, the shifts are steady for new comers and their was the opportunity to progress in the company. However, once minimum wage increased, the pay was decreased and no longer substantially better than the average retail job, which is much easier on the body I might add. There is no job security, twice a year you are laid off and wait for a letter to return to work. I have to constantly remind the schedulers of my availability and they still mess it up each week. And schedules are only given out a week in advance, the final copy going up Friday afternoon for the following week. When you are hired you are hired as a seasonal employee and gain no senority through years of experience. On the chance you're randomly selected to be a full time employee you have the chance to earn more money and reap the benefits, however until then you are nothing. They are now hiring full timers off the street with no experience in production or factory work before giving loyal seasonal the chance to apply. Furthermore they are "slow" and schedule full time employees who have worked for the company less than a month over seasonals who have proven their worth to the company and have skills to make them true assets. After speaking to a union rep I was told that as a seasonal I am stuck in this situation and will continue to lose weeks of work to new employees because they were given a better opportunity than I or many other dedicated seasonal production employees were. Most of the co-workers are lovely though. I recommend the night shift.

Pros

Nestle store discounts, nice coworkers, MOST lead hands are friendly

Contras

No job security, twisted seniority system, bad management, bad HR staff
Cultura laboral

good fos a seasonal students not good to made a career there

Works is easy, I see to many nepotism and favoritism when they offer the full time position, they dont care about hard workers only care of who is your family working there and favoritism.

Pros

easy job

Contras

no get full tme if you dont have family or 'good " friends there
Cultura laboral

Good place to have a job.

This a job with very low stress level. Have more number of breaks compared to other factories. We can have lot of ice creams from the canteen with free of cost. :P

Pros

free ice creams in canteen and a decent company store.

lack of shifts