Marriott International, Inc.
4.1 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Marriott International, Inc.

Evaluar a esta empresa

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 22,123 evaluaciones

Caracteristicas del trabajador

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Tener iniciativa, ser muy puntual, brindar un excelente servicio al cliente, aprender rapido.

Contras

El salario es un poco bajo a comparacion de otros hoteles y restaurantes
Cultura laboral

Professional, challenging institutional seemless service.

Marriott Washingtonian Center in Maryland was my favorite employer to date. They challenge their staff to Create a friendly service to guests and clients both internal and external of hotel staff Personal crosstraing mentality creates great opportunities for promotion and better challenging career in hospitality

Pros

Excellent employee corporate culture

Contras

Daily challenges, each day is different in clientel's beeds.meds

Bad management

Co-workers were fine. Guests are rude but that the hotel business. Management team is incapable to say the least. No way to advanced pass hourly manager.

Pros

Co-workers

Contras

10-12 hour days. No shift differential. Must work all 3 shifts.

Good company

Learn a lot. Flexible with schedule if you are in school or have a second job. Great environment and chance to learn different positions that can help you succeed.

Great culture!!!

Marriott international is a great hotel company that has expectations. Training is outstanding a d you feel part of a family. You get hotel discounts.

Pros

Employee discounts

Hotels open 24/365
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Great company to work for, if you can find a cooperate property

Marriott International was a great company to work for. There was a BIG emphasis on taking care of all employees and making them feel valued and appreciated. At the hotel level, pay sucks. Simple as that. Staff should be paid more for the responsibility and professionalism expected from ALL levels of employees. Benefits were AMAZING! Everything was great and priced very fairly so that even entry level staff would feel comfortable finding good medical insurance coverage. Work life balance is difficult to manage due to the nature of the industry. Weekends and holiday availability are required. The one HUGE draw back to Marriott is that Marriott will sell off a property quickly which really hits staff hard. If they are rehired by the franchise company they are lucky and benefits will not be comparable. Selling off properties really goes against their idea of taking care of their staff.

Pros

Great work culture, amazing benefits

Contras

properties are sold to franchise companies a LOT, low pay
Cultura laboral

Productive and fun work place

Good place to work, job culture, job security and advancement, salary and benefits are quite good. Health insurance is also available and transportation and good working environment as well.

Pros

Free lunch
Cultura laboral

Its a fun and exciting work place where you meet different people from all walks of life.

I have worked for this company over 16yrs and still love my job and coworkers. The people we meet are amazing and the job we do are amazing as well. Together we make your vision of your wedding day come to life.

Pros

You eat most times what the guest eat. Meet famous people all the time.

Contras

Sometimes no breaks depending on the function but still fun.

Guests are great

The guest make working here great. The management is poor and you cant trust your fellow workers the company takes short cuts and they don't reinvest in the company

Pros

No managment

Use your own tools
Cultura laboral

constant drive to believe and courage you to stay with the company

Its just a typical day that can = devastating moments. one mistake and you are out. lots of training is needed.Company is not reasonable. workplace culture has its own government. a lot of departments like to point the finger at other departments. .

Pros

free lunches

Contras

Be careful watch your image it means everything. You are pre judged.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Trabajo y empleo en Marriott International, Inc.

Ver más empleos

It's a job

If retail is not your thing I wouldn't recommend not to mention you're usually not rewarded for your work... Just another job if you ask me but if you need to make money
Cultura laboral

I probably shouldn't have left.

I loved my time with Marriott. I promoted rapidly and quite higher than expected. I liked my co-workers both under and above me. I enjoyed meeting our guests and handling any issues that arose.Some days I really regret leaving.

Pros

I promoted quite high very quickly. I liked the employee discount.

Contras

Working weekends and holidays.

Doesn't pay enough

Very clickish workplaceAnd you're expect to complete room cleaning and a time that's not possible. If your manager is not your best friend you will not succeed

Pros

Early morning shifts

Contras

Not enough pay backstabbing employees

Unrewarding and unorganized

I was accepted the job under false pretenses and I was not granted the hours I would be working nor the pay. This place is extremely desperate for people and I see why they have such a high turn over rate, you're over worked and under paid at this hotel and whatever you are promised is not what you get.

Pros

$45 discount at any hotel

Management, hours, pay, work

Poor Management

This company hired and fired me within two weeks. Management spoke to me about the issue they had and acted like my job was fine and then called me two days later stating they were letting me go. I found this offensive and belittling. Hopefully they will treat future employees much better.

Pros

discount on rooms

poor management
Cultura laboral

work was fun although work conditions sucked.

great pay and great coworkers , i like it alot, i made some nice people there, I also learn to socialize more with visitors. It helped me so recommend it.

Pros

great pay and great coworkers

Contras

sometimes work condition sucks due to the weather

Working at Marriott is ok

What I learned is the workplace culture, is that different departments may have different cultures. You can't expect every department to have the same attitude or perspective on everything. The main goal is that in the end, you all have the same vision in serving customers.As far as the job, it is ok. The best part of working at the Marriott were the people I worked with. Some were directors or managers, but mostly, the people in the trenches: banquests, front desk...etc

Pros

Brand recognition, diverse group of clients

Contras

Lack of substantial pay increases, no real career development
Cultura laboral

Since the schedule is rotational, I expected my work-life balance to be a little off kilter (especially working first and second shift) but since we’re short-staffed, keeping a couple days off feels nearly impossible sometimes. Pay is kinda low but for now it’ll do, I like my coworkers, but the actual job isn’t for me.

Pros

Coworkers

Work/life balance, pay

Fast paced and fun

I’ve worked at Marriott in various positions since 2018. Mr. Marriott’s philosophy has always been ‘take care of the associates and they will take care of the customer, and they will return over and over again.” The company truly lives by this credo and takes care of all associates equally, with the ability for advancement.

Pros

Cash tips

Cultura laboral

Fun and friendly coworkers, unorganized and petty food and beverage management

It is important to mention that I only worked here for three months, but during my time there I had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. Unfortunately, all of the kind, genuine people were lower tier employees like myself. I worked in food and beverage and the turn around for managers was insane. I was only there for three months and I saw two managers come and go.

Pros

Free lunch, fun coworkers

Petty management, long hours

Bad company

All is bad. Place is going to fall down soon. Service is terrible and employees are disrespectful. You can literally get away with anything there and the company wants to blame the GM.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Marriott International, Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3.7Estabilidad laboral/Facilidad de promoción
3.7Administración
3.9Cultura
  • Empresas
  • Marriott International, Inc.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados