logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Steward en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 130 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Just a commodity

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Worked as a steward during the wimbledon championship. There were fun elements of the job, such as watching tennis and enjoying general buzz of the environment. But non of the positives were due to G4S. General vibe of being a commodity, with little or no organisation.

None say

Loser jobs an contractor all time not looking after staff always customers first not staff bad management been brought out maybe chance g4s best give staff good new start
Cultura laboral

Great company to work for

With the zero hours contract work isint promised but it's flexible for a part time or weekend job get to meet amazing staff work at great events all over Scotland and the UK

Pros

Great places to work, amazing staff

Zero hours

would recommend to students

I started working for G4S when I was 18and worked there till I was 25 and honestly the experiences you get are unreal sometimes but you do need to put the work in on the graveyard positions as its not all "free gigs and access to festivals"with the current climate and events being none existent you really do miss the job for what it was as most staff are now doing hospital and job centres instead of the other bonuses that come with G4 like live events, football and conferences.I have no faults with the company other than you can be working long hours and thown about abit so if its not ideal for you don't sign up for the job!

Pros

work when you want, get to travel, paid holidays and breaks

Contras

long hours sometimes in bad weather conditions
Cultura laboral

Flexible student job otherwise dead end and boring.

In my role as a crowd steward I often had to stand outdoor for long periods of time with minimal and sometimes no break. There was little or no facilities for staff when I did get a break. Not knowing exactly what job I would be doing meant it was hard to prepare in terms of appropriate clothing or food. It's often quite solitary so hard to make friends. There was opportunity to work at some quite exciting events however most were relatively mundane.

Pros

the opportunity to work at interesting events.

Contras

Long hours, few breaks, outdoors in all weather, not much contact with other humans, unpredictability
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Event Work

I've had as much work as I wanted until the corona virus struck. Since the Pandemic I have still been able to pick up work through the business ops side of G4S and hopefully things will pick up again. I was getting work at football, rugby, theatre and music venues. G4S have given me excellent training and support and payed for my licence course. I

Pros

In Events you register your availability and so work at the times and places that suit you

Contras

It's not a full time job.
Cultura laboral

Working for g4s is good for the vents side of things, you’ll see things people pay thousands to see but don’t jump into the job if you can’t deal with people and prepare to have a thick skin

Waste of time

I worked here doing security in 2009. Was doing stewarding for football games. You got 25 quid for a shift and expected to do everything a licensed security guard had to do. Also was not permanent
Cultura laboral

An easy Intro to working with & helping the public. Gets you using your voice to levels you didn't know you had lol. makes you aware more of other peoples needs & how to assist them with their needs.

Good event security company

Despite the size of the company management aren't big headed (in most regions) and they have good contracts for events. The business tends to operate more sporting venues than anything else. Staff are most often paid til the official shift finish time which can sometimes leave you with bonus pay or out of pocket.

Pros

Always paid on time, friendly management and colleagues, some good places to work

Contras

Work is getting less and less as the company looses work to competitor companies

Great Flexible Work

The best job for anyone that wants to earn extra cash in the month with the ability to choose when and were you work each month, as little or as many shifts as you want. Employees and most management i have come across are friendly. Only down side is if you wanted to use this as a full time job you would need to be in with the management so you could make sure you were put on every shift going.

Poor

Worked Part Time, poorly organised. Last minute work opportunities, disorganised management. Would not recommend working for this company and never would again.
Cultura laboral

An excellent company to work for

I have been with the company a few years off and on, most of the events are brilliant, travelling all over the country sometimes, I have to say that my most favourite events was for three pink concerts earlier this year at Hampden Park twice and Liverpool, I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to earn pocket money and go to the events where you can watch the events if you're lucky enough

Pros

Attending events up and down the country, making new friends, having the opportunity of training for other roles

Poor wages
Cultura laboral

One of the best security companies out there

One of the best security companies I work for, been working with them for 2 years now . I Love my job, work is flexible and i can choose when I want to work and choose shifts and there are plenty of shifts on going all year round which keeps me busy and pay rate is excellent. Holiday pay is a bonus. Overall I would recommend this company to family and friends... I have referred friends and they have started working for the company to.
Cultura laboral

Fun and productive time, learnt quite a lot about British ways of interest

It was a productive and fun time working at G4S, majorly involved travelling. Most enjoyable part was interacting with spectators and the people who arrived at the venue to attend various sports and music events like Football, rugby, cricket and music concerts.
Cultura laboral

The Life for working with biggest security company im the world

It can be daunting started a new job but there's always friendly staff and management to help you out, answer any questions, there can be a lack IN getting shifts but there's always someone that will contact you if they know you're desperate

More pay for G4S staff

Same as above.for the shift . and more information about the jobs.the wages are given is correct for the shift.and to give you the right information about the work.
Cultura laboral

Nice work colleagues and environment

Get to travel all over the country to many exciting events that you would view on Television or online. Highly recommend enployer. Lovely friendly environment, especially at Warwickshire County Cricket Club.

Productive and fun workplace

Work/life balance as a casual events steward is why I applied for the job. As a college student, I really only have time for a part time job. I am called in on weekends for matches and other various events that may pop up. It's a very flexible position, which suits me perfectly. Overall, I enjoy the work we do. A typical day can consist of setting up the venue, checking tickets, escorting people to seats, providing security for guests and crowd control. I would say the the most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest; dealing with the public. Generally people are agreeable enough and follow your instruction. You'll engage with some really lovely people, a pleasant interaction with a happy customer can make your day. However you do get a few who tend to make your job difficult. Sometimes it can be hard to maintain composure and a smile but it's important to remain professional. It's always relieving to share stories with co-workers when the work gets tough. I'm lucky enough to work with a close group of people. It makes the job a lot easier when you know your colleagues have your back. It's a minimum wage position with room for advancement/promotion if desired. I know some people who choose to leave this particular position after a year or two and others who have worked for G4S for years and have moved up into supervisor positions with higher wages.

Pros

Flexible hours, exciting work

low pay

Not great

Rubbish pay for a job like this considering the responsibility. You're more or less ignored by management when you are given your duties, If you decide to work for G4S prepare for abuse.
Cultura laboral

Not bad if you can get the work

As they have a zero hour contract you have to register your interest in wanting to work on any of the events they have and there is no guarantee you will be selected for some if any of the events you have registered for. If you have not worked for them with in a 3 months they get on your case but they do not seem to get that you are not given any work even though you register for events and that is a down side to this even though when you do get picked it can be great.
  • Empresas