G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Site Supervisor en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 223 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.133 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
When I started with G4S i Was excited but now. It's more like two degrees later, I am ready to move on. Its a 3 out of 5 star company but front office has been on a down spiral in the past 3 years.
Cultura laboral
Aside from the innate characteristics of the contract security guard industry, my experiences were enjoyable, interesting, and productive. Most officers pleasantly performed their duties with a sense of purpose and took ownership of their actions.
Pros
Officers are allowed to positively contribute to the success of the mission.
Pay.
Cultura laboral
There is a lot of favoritism and will not accommodate everyone. There is no professionalism at all and they don’t care about family only about being a body on a site.
Cultura laboral
They are a great company to work for. Benefits aren't good, but very friendly and helpful management. They have online learning courses so if you are interested in moving up there is definitely opportunity to grow in the company.
Cultura laboral
Job varies site to site, some supervisors are good leaders, others not so much. My regional manager was super chill and understanding. You either love it or hate it. Benefits we're good, but they come out of your check, so if you don't get paid a lot in the first place, you'll be taking home even less if you want benefits.
Pros
Benefits, 401
Pay depends on contract
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Working for G4S, your experience really depends and relies on your site supervisor and region management. I've worked for decent site supervisors and enjoyed my time and I've worked for pretty terrible ones and suffered. The good news is that the chain of command is reliable and typically, bad supervisors don't last long. The hours can be good and steady, with plenty of OT opportunity depending on where you are. Sometimes, and really the only had thing, is the rate of hire to solve the understaffing issue. My site has been understaffed for over a year now.
Pros
Good people, paid vacation, health benefits
Contras
No paid breaks, long shifts, occasionally shifty supervisors
Cultura laboral
You are basically just a number. They do not care about the staff. They only care about income. You are constantly being overworked and you are most def underpaid. G4S pays $0 out of pocket. Everything is driven based on the site that you work for.
Pros
You basically come in and sit down and do nothing
Contras
Under paid and not respected by management
Cultura laboral
nothing to comment on at this time as I currently still work for the company. I do like the fact the starting wage is what it is but growth within the company has been difficult
Cultura laboral
I started with G4S as a security officer, working at a site that was challenging.they had an experienced supervisor work with me to ensure that the sites expectations were satisfied. An opportunity arose for me to get certified as an armed security officer, they had a site that required an armed guard. I completed the training and started working at the site, and soon became site supervisor. I held that position until another company took over the site.
Pros
excellent opportunities
flexibility, was difficult
Cultura laboral
They make you feel like you are only a $ sign Will not help you or give you the right information to do a job.. they will not help you are not the right color, they do not want you to move up and will break the law to make more money on you will transfer you without your consent!! Over all I would not work here,
Cultura laboral
G4S will take almost anyone, you would also have to commit murder to get fired. (maybe) That being said the pay is meh depending on your site. Use this as a stepping stone if you want to get with a security company.
Pros
you got a job
its g4s...
Cultura laboral
Like many entry level security companies, your success and enjoyment is heavily dependant on the contract you work on and the management you work under. In my experience, the Atlanta branch has been making a very strong effort to vet and empower leadership, and in the time I have worked for them I have seen many positive changes.
Pros
Many Different Positions Avaliable
Beholden to Contracts
Cultura laboral
Everyday I feel so excited,fortunate and honored to server and protect a long side some of the most amazing men and women who has became like family to me. I couldn't had chosen a more rewarding work assignment.
Pros
fitness center, peaceful and challenging and rewarding all at the same time.
have none
Cultura laboral
● OverallSo, right out of the gate i do not recommend working for this company, they are shady, they lie, steal from their employees, they pick the client over their employees 100% of the time. When i was in the site supervisor position i was given little to no training and was basically told hey figure it out. The reason i quit is because the client told them i busted a water pipe(by sitting in a chair) and management took his side. This company doesn't care about you this company will lie and steal from you. If you want security experience there is worse companies out there but this is not a company that would be a good career. Get your experience and get out.
Cultura laboral
The overall culture is abusive and uses intimidation to maintain contractual obligations. The El Paso District managers have been known to be deceptive with supervisors and are the leading cause of high change over in security personnel. Furthermore supervisors do not get fairly compensated for the work they perform. I have numerous examples of their unfair practices as well as their willingness to turn a blind eye in the pursuit of profits. I am willing to discuss this with anyone who wants to inquire.
Pros
Employment
Contras
Hostile work environment due to management
Cultura laboral
Typical day involves guarding whatever your contract requires. However, they won't give you the tools to do that job. There is no guarantee that you will be relieved on time. The shifts that they run are not conducive to individuals health. The pay doesn't equate the job requirements and the health benefits are too expensive to afford. They do not look at job experience or work experience when choosing their managers, but rather rely on individuals that tell them what they want to hear. If you're liked, you get ahead. If you're not liked, you'll be punished and worked to the point where you want to quit rather than be fired. The company is about filling cogs in the clock, not about whether the clock actually runs or not. G4S mismanaged the contract so badly, the client will never work with them again.
Pros
They provide your work attire
Contras
expenses, no flexibility, favoritism, discrimination
Cultura laboral
One Major helps you and your team. Majors change out next one doesn't listen to the team and there concerns or work with you as a team.b only looking out for themselves.
Cultura laboral
I personally don't care much for security work and this company didn't help that opinion much. Lots of unprofessional people working for the company, but I guess thats to be expected in big security companies that just need bodies to fill slots.
Cultura laboral
My overall experience with G4S was enjoyable. I liked the Management and they tried their best to work with me during tough situations. I loved my co-workers and always got along with all of them, even when they werent working to their fullest potential. I loved the overal atmosphere that G4S gave off and would glady work for them again. The only criticism is variety of job locations near me.
Cultura laboral
Company don't do nearly enough for the employees, makes it hard to take vacation even you have the time. If you go to another site within the company your time starts over for vacation, can't carry over.
Pros
always hiring but big turnover rate
Steady work
Cultura laboral
As private security companies go, G4S is a well structured company. Most managers in my experience are decent and qualified for their position. The company likes to promote from the inside, so managers tend to know what they are talking about. The work culture is very inclusive and will take issues brought by employees seriously when the proper channels are followed. The major con for G4S is the fact the company seems to always be experiencing shortage of staff. Most employees view this as a plus, because it means overtime hours are always available. However, some employee who can not stay to cover shifts may find it imposing and interfering with their lives outside work.