logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Tuscaloosa, AL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 8 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.283 evaluaciones

Nice workplace

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Great job, Pretty laid back, It’s a bunch of opportunities for overtime. It’s not bad. You get very few complaints from your supervisors. Just make sure to take care of your business and you will be ok here now

Pros

Easy work Flexible schedule

Contras

None really for this place

Great job to have

● Work-life balanceYou do work every weekend in the beginning if you get that as you shift. You do have a set shift,or at least I did working at the hospital,and I was able to pick up overtime if needed.● Pay & benefitsYou did get vacation and sick time ,I just can't remember what it was... Tuscaloosa is expensive to live in ,the pay could have been a little better.● Job security and advancementAt one point to be a manager you had to have military experience or go to school.● ManagementThey were good hard working people when I worked there.● CultureWhen I say fast paced is when something happens you have to be ready.Other than that ,you will have a great time and enjoy the people you work with.● OverallI enjoyed working at G4S,I just got tired of working every weekend.Not all sites you will work every weekend. Great job to have and and great people to work with.

Horrible experience for over 2 years

Worked here for over 2 years, nobody gets promoted, nobody gets a raise. Managers are practically useless. And you’re more of a glorified hall monitor

Low Pay, No Raises, Bad Management

Great company

The company is a great company to work for, the job is enjoyable, the work is good, the work environment is great. It is just hard to make a living on the pay.
Cultura laboral

Good beginning or after retirement job

Good place to work at as a stepping stone or if you've already retired from somewhere else and need to be busy. Other than that it's just ok, I wouldnt make a career out of it
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Avoid this place

Bad company they throw you out to the wolves with little or no training. None of the supervisors know what they are doing. Lots of favoritism for certain employees.

Terrible Leadership Skills

On a day to day basis I would walk the hospitals and make sure it is safe and secure. Had to take reports of of different incidents that may have occurred. Loved my co-workers. Morale was low because it seemed as if you we getting yelled at for doing your job. Example: We'd get a call from the staff about something. So we'd investigate. Once the investigation was completed we'd have to type up the report. Well while typing up the report the team leader of that shift may ask you to go and retrieve some more info like someone's name. Well as soon as you return with that info and pass it a long. The phone would go off. The supervisor is yelling at you telling you how you abandoned your post. You'd try to explain the situation, but there's no hearing that. When all he had to do was play the camera back 15secs and they'd see you just walked up.

It's a job.....

Took this job because I had previous experience at this hospital and I needed a job while going back to school at Alabama. It has become micro-managed since new software and systems have been implemented. You have to deal with a bunch of old geezers that take their job TOO seriously, I mean come on, you are not working for Black Water. Uniformed Security Offices can not have any type of weapon, we are not supposed to help any patients with physical contact without the consent of a nurse, whom are often to busy. There is NO room for advancement unless you have former military experience and the pay sucks at $9.20. The night shift can get crazy since this is a college town, there are about 3-4 shooting victims a week and the whole family usually shows up causing the triage area to get hectic. The benefits are really good and is the only reason I have stayed. As soon as I can find a better job I am out of there!

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Micro-managed, narsictic old farts, chaos at times, favortism to certain employees