G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en San Diego, CA

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 27 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Weather you work forty hours a week or not if its a year you should still get vaction time no matter what people working deserve it an should be also front line workers.
Pros
N/a
N/a
Cultura laboral
If you have dignity for yourself, at least apply to a reputable organization in the San Diego area. Supervisors do not care about you, site supervisors have no backbones, account managers will see turnover rate as an accomplishment, SD's office is lazy and never gets back to you, at all. The level of micromanagement to justify having the supervisors at these sites is unfathomable. It's like an extension of high school; no real maturity, basic understanding of professionalism when it comes to dealing with other humans is non-existent, conflict management is perceived as how to further deteriorate relationships as quickly as possible. The tasks at these sites will leave you absolutely bored out of your mind, meanwhile being lambasted you're doing all things wrong.Bottomline: Waste of time, they want you to quit before they finish the mountains of paperwork they wish to build on you to expedite the process. You're on your own with SD sites.
Pros
Pay is ok
Contras
Unpaid lunches, micromanagement, toxic supervisors, no chance of advancement, turnover extreme
Cultura laboral
The contracts are not for the employees and can change without notice. Management only wants warm bodies on site and will tell you whatever it takes to keep you there. You call the HR department and the selection doesn't go through the automated switchboard.
Pros
A paycheck.
Contras
Will always feel that you are expendable
Cultura laboral
The management portion of the San Diego office is poorly poorly ran it's a toxic environment and anyone with any type of self-esteem and self care will leave the company
Contras
Management in san Diego sucks, toxic environment.
Cultura laboral
abusive business. I was overworked, sometimes working for a whole month without getting a day off. lost wages. and worse of all, I was fired from G4S for "defending myself" when i was attacked by a car-burglar while at work. terrible management, they will sacrifice their employees health and safety for their own gains.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Good Company ruined by current management. Workers don't care about their job their just in it for the money, hard to advance in the company, work ethic of some coworkers is low.
Pros
Pay
Management / Coworkers
Cultura laboral
I really like working for G4S. I work 8 hour graveyard shifts (2000-0400) 40 hours a week from Wednesday to Sunday. I do wish I could work a morning shift Monday through Friday and receive more pay so I could have a life outside of work with family as well. Working for G4S has been a great experience I learned how to have even better customer service skills since I work at a motel and there are guest I have to speak to all the time. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours. I never have time off with my family because they have to go too work and school on my off days which are Monday and Tuesday. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be that I like the company and we have nice uniforms.
Pros
Breaks
Contras
hours, shifts not available, pay rate
Cultura laboral
Overall it's a great place to work if you have reliable transportation and patience. They have a great online system and benefits access. My only con is that the hire volume and amount of work available does not match.
Cultura laboral
I worked on the Bank of America Account. The upper management was not respectful and made no effort to change how they engaged with employees. Many of the people in the main office were neither LE, military, nor Certified Guards, and were disrespectful of guards and office staff. My most intense gripe is that they wanted you to work 6 days (banking hours) and they were not accomodating about days off or assisting with splitting shifts to permit appointments. When they called to ask that I work on a scheduled day off (which happened frequently) and I (ocassionaly) said "no, thank you", I was given a guilt-trip about work ethic and told I was a "lousy team player". I hear the company has improved, but I would not rush to work here. Their flex opportunities can have you driving all over the county. The pay is not great. There was no room for advancement. I left in mid-2018. **I took the job because G4S is an international company and I was hoping to get a foot in and do contractor work overseas.
Pros
autonomy, little oversight
no advancement, poor communication
Cultura laboral
G4S was one of the better security companies out there. San Diego office is really organized compared to other security offices. The pay could be just a little better.
Pros
Job Sites
Pay
Cultura laboral
Training for a job site is ok but salary was low compared to cost of living.Was 3 years with the company but was not given any raise in salary and promotion in rank.
low salary
Cultura laboral
Start shift receiving a pass down from a fellow security officer on recent activities. Read and review e-mails and notes. Communicate and relay messages to supporting officers at command post. Monitor foot traffic and hazards. Surveil premises.
Pros
Worked around school schedule.
No breaks.
Cultura laboral
provides armed security maintaining the safety of representatives and customers. Maintained good customer service and deescalated situations, hardest part about job was standing up from 8-10 hours
Cultura laboral
This a great company to work for. working this type of job require you to work all type of times of the day. but very good at giving you a fix position to work and grow.
Cultura laboral
Too many points of detraction from professionalism to waste my time writing out. Just don't do it. Driving cars without basic safety equipment (like seat belts), and lower pay than street beggars.
Pros
Easy work
Contras
Too many to count. Elevator to financial and professional death
Cultura laboral
fast paced work schedule and not so flexible management. asked to work more than 40 hours in one week end and just paid flat rate when I should have gotten triple time.
Cultura laboral
very respectful of my background. I really liked that about them. because of my background I wasn't started as entry level with them. they made me a CPO, top of the list, but other companies have started me out on the bottom.
Cultura laboral
I found G4S when I lived in Honolulu Hawaii- got hired in October of 2015 and believe that instead of putting you in an "on call or Flex Officer position" they should really look at the Talent that an Officer has rather than just looking at you as a warm body to fill in the holes (taking the place of another Officer because they have personal issues or simply because they need time off. It has gotten better because Upper Management always changed due to the "nature of the Security Business" Yes they do have favorites but it all depends on job performance on who they select to put Full time.
Pros
401k plan & Good job
Healthcare, promotion
Cultura laboral
I liked working for this company because of the set hours and the opportunity for overtime. The people you work with are dependable.
Cultura laboral
I love the fact that the company has a large diversity in it. Every day is a new learning experience. easy to talk to and very understanding management. Over all one of the best security companies I have worked for.
Pros
paid lunches
Contras
not many permanent positions available
Cultura laboral
Many available sites to learn and gain experience in the security field. A multicultural working environment with clients and employees. Get to meet interesting people.