logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Portland, OR

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 28 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,405 evaluaciones

Hospital contract

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I worked on the security hospital contract for 4 years and my experiences and skills I learned were more then just security and very helpful if I was to change careers
Cultura laboral

Not a good place to work

Always getting called in on your days off because someone didn’t show. If your relief doesn’t show up, you can’t go home. Manager is constantly tinkering with the schedule, sometimes changing your shift on your day off, then not letting you know that your next at-work shift has changed. No advancement opportunities. High turnover because of low pay, low morale, and ever-increasing work responsibilities. You have to sign away your rights to breaks and lunches in order to get hired, because providing you with breaks would “create a hardship” for the company. So you work 8-12 (sometimes 16) hours with no breaks. You get vacation time, but you can never use it because your site is always under-staffed.

Pros

Lots of overtime if you want the extra money

Contras

No breaks, expensive healthcare, low pay, no opportunity for advancement

Boring

If you aren’t part of the management you get treated poorly. Always calling you in on your days off. Writing you up for petty things . I was sent home for flu like symptoms and when I came back they tried to write me up for not calling off on time...

Pros

Pay

Contras

The insurance is outrageous the job is boring. Scheduler is unprofessional

Company does not care.

The company and management does not care about you, everyone is always quitting and your pay is Always messed up for some reason. Forget about the company trying to help you solve those problems cause they seem to not care what so ever. They will Wright you up for any to BTW so watch out. 2 out of 5 would not recommend.

I love it!!

G4s is a great security company to work for, everyone is your family! We all get alone and find great ways to help and secure others. I wouldn't rather work for any other security company. 😊
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

G4s

My Job was a Security. My responsibility was to maintain the safety of the public and to keep everyone safe and secure the max and platform and make the passengers safe
Cultura laboral

Enjoyed my worksite very much people there were great to work with

The only complaint would be that corporate would not back up what the worksite wanted to do to help out employees at the site like me coming back to a desk position after having my amputation.

Pros

Great people to work with

Corporate

Company is worthless

I work 72 hours a week (4 12 hour and 3 8 hour shifts). Had to cancel vacation plans 3 years in a row. I have put in my notice to quit. No advancement. G4S does not care about it's employees

Salary

Slow paced, minimum wages even working @ Portland Oregon, you moved around any location they covered, no day and night differential on pay rate..I’m done

I love G4S Secure Solutions

This is a great company , i love this job i deferentially will recommend to friends and family. room for growth and great opportunities. Fast Paced Friendly steady people oriented Great company

Great atmosphere.

My typical work day is to sign in on the company phone, call the lead officer and let them know I'm onsite.Set up my Security Officer's Report form, check email's on whether there are any special events happening. Allow people in before the doors open (open at 8a.m.) for testing or meetings as needed. Once the doors unlock on the timer I help customers with directions, where to find Lost And Found. Help get them proper forms such as a claims form or a form for the transit lift program if they have a disability. My management team is awesome. If I need a day off due to a family medical issue they are always there to say go and take care of your family first. Hardest part of my job is getting customers to understand some things are beyond my control. Such as the Lost And Found department being closed and wanting their item. Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers, clients and other personnel and helping them.

Pros

Free bus pass.

Customers at times.
Cultura laboral

To many unknowns with company

Good short term job. If your planning on going to school or just in between jobs . Only good pay is on a very few select contracts. And the pay on others is no way enough for the job.

Good as far as the Security Industry Goes;

I thought G4S was a pretty good company to work for as far as the security industry goes. There were a few problems with management for the area, but I am not sure what they were exactly.

Pros

Above average compensation for the industry, ample hours, decent work/life balance, strong culture of ownership and employee engagment

Contras

Issues with paperwork getting lost or not turned in, still security
Cultura laboral

Working with fellow Security Officers in a professinalmanner.

You would check in with your security badge , log in on computer. Relieve officer from previous shift depending on agreed 2 hour rotation you would either start at lobby checking CCTV monitors, monitor people checking in with ID badges. Or you would do exterior patrolling of grounds and interior of building.

Pros

Day shift

Grave yard shift

Bad management

Portland office has an extremely high turn over rate it's extremely unprofessional. Doesn't fix half of the problems it created it's employees and does everything last minute.

Pros

Pay

Contras

Bad management, nothing gets done or fixed

Relaxed place ti work

Great job. I would still be working there if I didn't move across the country. Loved my co-workers and the site I secured. I think it depends on your assignment of you will love the job or not.

Stable

This company is great for something stable. You could come in and work your scheduled hours and days and everything is great there would be times of mandatory over time which would suck but they were pretty good at rotating who had to stay which is nice.
Cultura laboral

Overall

Overall working with G4S isnt all that bad, however, the upper management is always having issues with retaining people due to them delivering on contract promises
Cultura laboral

Poorly managed and places low value on employees

I was hired and signed a contract for a certain rate of pay, and then was never paid that. Instead I was transfered around for a few weeks to fill in for other people, working at a lower rate than I signed up for, then was never offered a permanent position. The stopped returning my calls and never gave me any more work.
Cultura laboral

A respectable place to get started in Security

G4S is the largest security company in the world, and it shows. G4S is able to offer many things that other security companies struggle with. Uniforms and equipment will be provided, In-house training is the norm. The biggest thing that G4S brings to the table, for many security officers, is the opportunity for constant work. There is very little having to wait by the phone hoping for a call. If you want to work 40+ hours a week, that can nearly always be arranged. There are some issues with being the biggest company in a field though. The in-house training, for example, is heavily tailored to working at G4S, rather than teaching state-wide rules and regulations. This means that while your certifications are transferable to another company, your actual training may not be. You will be provided with a uniform, but getting it replaced can be troublesome, and they may not have the right one for your assigned site available right away. Advancement is another issue. If you are a motivated self-starter, you may find it frustrating trying to advance. Once you are in a contract, it can be difficult to move to another one, and may not be possible at all to advance within that contract. Advancement is available, but you cannot expect that advancement to be smooth or rapid. Additionally, you may find yourself working with people who are far from ideal coworkers. Because G4S has contracts of all sorts, spread out across the state, they are forced to be in a constant state of hiring. They also lose some of their ability to be selective in choosing applicants. As pay is kept low, -

Pros

Training and equipment provided, job experience, transferable between states

Contras

Low advancement, high turnover, indifferent management
Cultura laboral

A job where you are easily placed and forgotten about

Worked for them for a year and never had my supervisior come check on me. No direct management at some sites indivduals are easily placed at a site and quickly forgotten about.
  • Empresas