logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Indianapolis, IN

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 27 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,407 evaluaciones

Toxic

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
In between the constantly losing job sites over expiring contracts and the losing employees to head hunters, it was a nightmare. The supervisors I worked with were lazy and never lifted a finger unless top brass was near by but coworkers were decent and hard working. Pay was ok but you could be making more for a lot less work.

Pros

Nothing really

Lazy Mangement, Bad Pay, Morale Killing
Cultura laboral

Productive, intuitive and safe place of work due to local law enforcement presence

Horrible people, discriminating employees and a sense of them not needing you at all. Was told I'll lose security clearance all over me wearing a jacket that's issued by law enforcement pro and not specifically the company. 1 that's a breach of my rights and liberty 2 I see multiple other employees not wearing regulated attire.

Contras

Discriminating, breach of employee and human rights

Workplace over all.

All round G4S Secure Solutions is a reasonably desent company to work for. Team members are always professional and others work ethics seem to match my own.

Productive work place

I enjoyed working for G4S, but my value wasn't appreciated over the men so everyone received a raise but me & the excuse the supervisor gave was mind blowing.

G4s

All management is difficult to get in contact with their communication is terrible! They don't value good employees. They are a friendly staff and eager to get you hired in.

Pros

The paycheck

Contras

Lack of communication and don't value good employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

For your own sake do not work for G4S.

Lies about pay. Jerks you around. Management and supervisors won’t pay you for months. Unprofessional and disorganized. They make excuses for everything

Contras

Lies, disorganized, unprofessional, wont pay you until months, excuses beyond excuses

Great job

If you are looking for a laid back job that doesn’t ask for a lot. A security officer job is for you. G4S is a great company and there is always rooms for advancement within the company.

Run away ! Now !

G4s is a horrible company to work for! They are always short staffed so if you work full time or part time you will still be full time. Upper management is horrible, lack of communication and only hire certain type of people. this job is horrible with promoting from within. You don’t get paid time off until you’re working there for two years. If you just need a job to get you by for the meantime this is great for you, but for a career roll or a job you will actually like I would not recommend it.

Pros

Great co workers

Contras

Bad upper management, low wages, long work hours. No paid time off

security officer

worked as a armed security officer in various places and received the rank on LT. I was a shift supervisor at the Nashville Airport supervising 9 people on my shift.

Glass Ceiling

This company does not pay enough for anyone to live on, and there is a big glass ceiling if you are not previous military or law enforcement. You are treated like expendable dirt, and you will never be anything worthy of their praise.

Pros

Offers insurance and discounts

Contras

You'll never have money to eat after paying bills

Loved this job

I have had heavy lifting jobs my whole life, and it finally started to wear me down. This job had VERY little heavy lifting required, and thus was MUCH better! I loved this job very much

Pros

Walking got the exercise!

Cultura laboral

Guaranteed hours with available overtime. Low pay.

Job was not physically demanding and sometimes very boring. The pay was low capping out around 10/hr but it was reasonable for just sitting around for 8 hrs.
Cultura laboral

Steady job but the pay isn't great

I worked at a site that was a corn processing plant, working the truck gate. Most nights it was just the monotony of trying not to fall asleep at my post since there was next to nothing going on the whole night, before a frantic pace of people signing in and out towards the end of my shift as the first shift workers for the site came in and the third shift left. The site had multiple demands that created horrible back ups during these times, and then complained about how long it was taking to get people in and out of the site. They also required us to be able to psychically detect if an animal was inside a vehicle because we were not allowed to check the vehicle but were required to bar any animals from entering the site. All in all, my direct supervisor through G4S was a great guy, but the job itself was awful, most of my coworkers were awful, and the site itself was awful.

Ok Work Place

This place was fun at times, at others just plain boring, I enjoyed all the sites I had worked at while employed with G4S, but the company itself was a train wreck.

Short Breaks

Flex life

I enjoyed doing a variety of task as a flex officer at various companies. There was a lack of boredom for that reason. However, not knowing when you may work or not became challenging. It's great for a retiree and/or college student.
Cultura laboral

Office ok doesn't get high reviews.

Monitored traffic coming going. Amazon great. Command Security great manager. Very Reliable. G4s could have done better. Low marks on straight forward behavior.

Pros

People very pleasant and professional

No room to advance
Cultura laboral

Easy job, but no advancement

The job's are for the most part easy and decently paying, but it's all downhill after that. Do no expect annual raises, or advancement. The job does provide you with almost unlimited security, but no upward mobility.

Daily work

Working for G4S is good if you are looking for easy money. Although the benefits and health care plans are not the best, the money is decent. This job is a good stepping stone but has not helped me further a career in criminal justice. The people I worked with were super friendly and easy to get along with. The company on the other hand needs to get organized. They will let you go for the simplest mistake and when they let someone go they don't have a back up person ready, so be prepared to either switch sites, or work more than 40 hours. For 2 weeks I had to work a total of 108 hours while my co workers had worked almost 120 hours or more to cover the 3 shifts that were open because G4S let people go without having a person to fill the spot. My thing is that you should have back up person to fill shifts if you are going to let more than 2 people go within 2 weeks.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, friendly client employees, easy money

Contras

Low pay for the work, company organizatrion and management
Cultura laboral

It is a fun place to work at

G4S has many different types of work settings. I like mine because it gives me the option to help customers. I like helping customers. I do like helping customers and learning new things daily. G4S gives me that opportunity by learning all about the different products they offer as well as working at other sites when needed.

Contras

not good health care benefits

great place to work

It is a Great please to work, I wish I can work again with them. They are professional, and organizes. I worked 2nd shift, sometimes 3rd, but I completed my 40 hours or more.

Unorganized chaos

My job was either hectic and I never stopped moving or so dull I was counting the automated lights going on and off. My on site supervisor was amazing. Very communicative and truly felt like a team. The company itself was slow to respond and left me feeling in the dark most the time. I loved the fast paced work and enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was the lack of organization.

Pros

Onsite co-workers

Lack of Managerial communication
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general