logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Fort Lauderdale, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 28 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.391 evaluaciones

Need to pay more

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It was me carrying a gun and protecting people and property for a little of nothing. Working in an area where your most likely to meet ignorant people

Stressful workplace

they really don't care about their employees all they worry about is having a body in the space you don't mean anything just do the job communication is the worst

Pros

Pay for your lunch time

Contras

No communication don't care about you
Cultura laboral

I was pulled from one company to work somewhere I did not want to go, and the post I had was great and worked for me.

They pull you from a post where you are comfortable the most. And when they sent back to work at the hospital I could not get the post that I had. Then come to find out I never was suppose to be removed from there anyway. The office gave people that do not know what they are doing there not talking to each other and getting the right information.

Pros

No pros

No cons
Cultura laboral

Productive, different location to choose from.

Good place to work, you don't have to worry about your check not coming, the supervisor is pretty good for the most part. hardest part of the job is dealing angry customer and something the clients when they don't understand the role.

Great starting point

G4S really only cares about their profits. I personally witnessed them demote my Supervisor after 20 years of service because G4S refused to discipline Officers for call out and made my Supervisor the scapegoat. The person they hired didn't have a clue how to manage the contract and my Supervisor is still training his replacement imagine that and the callouts still continue. thewanwant
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

dont work here

dont work here i hate this place, they will fire you for no reason. being late 3 days straight is a problem for them. the captain is not friendly at the hospital
Cultura laboral

It gives you a great feeling to be able to help the passengers that use the Tri-rail system to go from point A to point B.

I enjoy working in this Company, they have great Supervisors who are very supportive to the CPO’s working in the field, the CPO’s bring to the job a lot of experience coming from a Law Enforcement background, they are very professional and a very pleasant group of individuals to work with.
Cultura laboral

Good entry level security job

The pay is nowhere near what you should make with the requirements that you need to qualify for the job. Most of the account managers were pretty good, there is room for advancement, but as with every security company, you're just a body to fill a spot.

Pros

Plenty of OT, Site Manager was super

Low pay
Cultura laboral

A fun place to work,with good workers

I joined G4s which was called ( Wackenhut ) 2006 -2011. I worked at a Behavioral Health Facility in Hollywood, where certain experience was gained. The co workers were all well trained to do their jobs, and were all very much united in operation. We were a tight unit. I worked within the confines for 12 plus hours at times. The salary was okay, without raises. Over all, it's a good company to work for , given the due respect to Management and the Clients. I had to take a leave of absence, to relocate for the sake of my sick cancerous, and dying wife.

Pros

A Great Company

Contras

Short breaks, and lunch regular 30 minutes.
Cultura laboral

Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment as well as inspecting buildings, equipment’s and access point

 Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.  Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.  Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles.  Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
Cultura laboral

It depends on your Title and post

If you are a USO, your opportunities for advancement and growth are limited (if not nonexistent). Being a CPO automatically grants you $2-3 hourly pay increase (even for the same work a USO does), but you would need some form of law enforcement, corrections, and/or military background to even be considered. CPOs at the very least can grow within.
Cultura laboral

Its a job nothing more nothing less.

The company is okay. Better than most security companies. Management and pay however is where this company fails. All in all, if you want job security for the most part this company is okay.

Pros

Job Security

Pay Rate and Management

Good Place To Work

They Work With Your Schedule and it's a very good company to work for. They also help you with hours and anything else you may not or may need help with

each post is different

When your at a post by yourself it is the best but working with other coworkers can cause stress sometimes. Preferable to work alone and manger is great.

Pros

good pay

short breaks

Very professional

Love it but it was only part time. A little stressfull but you can grow with the company if you apply yourself. They will give a lot opportunity to grow

productive place of employment

G4S is the perfect place if you are desiring a job in the Criminal Justice field. This job will most definitely prepare you for the World of Criminal Justice

Pros

paid vacation, health insurance, benefits

Cultura laboral

The best part of my job was the opportunities for advancement. Clean and friendly work space and co workers. The hardest part of my day was staying awake. I worked the overnight shift.

G4s

The company is ok. If you want to start in the field, this is a place to start. The pay could be better. They are very unorganized also.

Loving and Supportive

The other officers in the community were a blast to work with. They support each other and some of the residents and frequent visitors make you feel like you are part of the family.
Cultura laboral

Good place to make money

IF you work the Tri Rail contract and can be flexible there is no other security work that will pay you better. There are a few officers from foreign countries have no clue about actually working and scam the system instead of doing their job but most work well together. Hours to work are varying from nights to days and are pretty simple. Working the trains seem to be the busiest shifts. The supervisors are good and will help you do your job as will most of the other officers. Management is friendly and open to conversations if you have a issue with hours, etc.

Pros

varying shifts

Contras

sometimes the trains are challenging work.

Typical day at work

I worked in a hospital and a typical day at work, i come in and relieve the officer that was before me. I take over and sign people into our system and print them sticker to be able to come into the hospital. It's great to meet people everyday and to see my same clients from time to time. Sometimes it's kind of sad because i work with ill people especially with cancer but it is a joy to see them and make them happy. I really enjoyed my job.

Pros

You meet a lot of people

Contras

lunch breaks was too short
  • Empresas