logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Columbus, OH

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 23 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Not bad, but not great.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I cannot speak for other posts, but at mine, management is not great. The post is ok, no real drama for me, but others have had a rough time. Just be here on time and do your job and you’ll be ok.

Pros

Free food

Stressful
Cultura laboral

It is not a good company to consider to work for a long term.

Let me start with, as a guard with this company, at least at my site, you re just a NUMBER, and it is unfortunate if you don't realize that sooner! no benefits, but they will promise you a list of benefits that will never given. they also cheat, you have to check every pay stub because they never get it right, few times it could be a payroll errors, but WHY always? why it repeats? why it happens to multiple guards, specially when you put overtime. Imagine you worked 60 hours in a week and you'r check arrives short! that explains the reason we have a high turnover here at my site. Unbelievable! Go work in a place that treats you like a person not a NUMBER.

Pros

Hourly pay is little bit higher than most security companies.

Contras

false promises, cheating your hard earned money, no growth, bad culture, lack of respect. the list goes on.....

Pays Bills

Pays bills nothing more. Security is Security. You just come to work get a paycheck and stay out of the way. Typical day is you do your job and stay away from the clients. G4S does want you to be friendly but they also want you to keep a distance from non G4S employees unless you get involved in management and have no recourse. Overall G4S is not bad.

Pros

Security

Security

Decent Pay, Easy Job, Bad Management above the Supervisors

I got lucky that I work at a good site, if O was anywhere else with G4S I would not want to stay with the company. Coworkers are great and most supervisors are great but everybody above that level is cannot stick with decisions and breaks promises

Pros

Free Lunch

Security Officer

If I could give a zero star I would , I work at the construction side as a officer, but when they hired a Hood ghetto guy, things turned to Worse. I was harassed and the supervisor was very unprofessional. As well all all the supervisors at that site (holder). I could not talk to anyone there even there boss. Horrible company.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

They promised ne full time...have me partvtime severely underemployed

They have me underemployed!When i was promised full time. Then easter sunday i hit a deer on my way to work, and they asked me if i could get a ride!! After totalling my car! After i told them i was in the emergency room, getting a cat scan, because if the accident!! After telling them i called everyone i could think of to le them know i wasnt able to make it!! And no one answered. They do mot xare about there employees

Security guard

Not sure what all of the other reviews are about. I have been working with G4S for a few months and I have discovered something. If you work your a** off and care about your job, you will do GREAT.

N/a

Monitoring all activity by CCTV camera as required by shift assigned, lock and unlocks, Reports safety hazards& unusual condition. Investigates& doc safety and security violations, Maintains daily log of all activity and alarms that occur during the shift. Checks badges personal/visitor entering and leaving premises. Detection equipment log or by checking identification. Conduct searches of packages or persons. Uses professional courteous and customer services, techniques in all personal and telephone contacts with public. Completes necessary reports; use personal computer associated hardware and software (e.g.; uses Outlook for e-mail, studies computer based training programs. Writes shift and incident report.
Cultura laboral

Great fit for someone without kids.

This was a great job. I had to leave because of the shift conflicting with my kids daycare hours. I was with the Holder project all we did was patrol and secure property.
Cultura laboral

The management at my site was trash.

It was too much of a picking favorites work place. The longer you’re there, the more you can get away with. The managers never did anything and rarely would try and work with you to help you. Managers passed trainees to any guard for training. Didn’t have a set trainer and supervisors rarely helped.

Pros

Outdoors

Cultura laboral

Working hours did not fit myschool schedule

You basically cannot choose most of your work hours. Not flexible. And when you quit your job they normally don’t take you back. And the pay rate is just not up to my lifestyle.

Mixed Thoughts

Easy Work, Enjoy working with most officers and clients. However, leadership is very lacking. Leadership shows favoritism and fails to grasp the need for teamwork and healthy leadership.

Pros

The work is easy

Poor leadership

Security Officer

Management is a joke the head office doesn't communicate with the different job sites. Was hired as part time and because i was attending school without notice they dropped my hours from 28ish a week to "on call status" because they were hiring new guards who would only stay around for a week and always calling me to pick up the extra off shifts from my availability because they knew i needed the hours to pay my bills
Cultura laboral

It was okay to work at the site I was working.

The schedule used to change weekly and we worked a lot of hours that we didn’t sign up for but that was only the site I was working at other sites had consistent schedule.

Pros

Healthcare

Short breaks

Good location

The place you out at great environment around the people to where you can monitor and secure the area secure. Monitoring cameras live feeds walking the perimeter and checking visitors in at the desk was all in a days task. In addition, I had to supervise a team of five security guards, so I had to also assign tasks to those as well as make sure that the parameters were checked, cameras were always viewed, and someone was always at the desk to check someone in

Pros

I had a great team so the days were easy

Contras

Had to stop and question everyone with a bag, along with search it

G4S Upper Management

The site I am working at is great !! Easy to get there. The officers on the shift I work do their job. The supervisor is fantastic & organized. Unfortunately the Upper Management at the Reynoldsberg Ohio Office are all young inexperienced and don't know how to manage a security department. They just seem goof off and send people who don't know the first thing about security to a site. This office should be looked at carefully .... They don't help out the supervisor at all. They need to clean house. The only ones who know what they are doing at the office is the HR rep and training officer.

Contras

poor management at the main office

good work place enviroment

Good Compay to work for with good Managment and good superviors. They are very helpful with anything you need. Pay is great best pay i had at any other security companys

n/a

i a great place to work ,and to get some exerparince and to get your feet wet real quick.you have some bed days and you have some good day s it depand upon how you went to work
Cultura laboral

Its a Job to pay the bills

decent place to work at. some sites are more work intensive than other. pay usually depends on site. benefits are based on site. some sites are worst than others.

G4s

Overall good work and good location, only problem there is there was a lot of crackheads and drug addicts that got away with murder. Not a job for everyone
Cultura laboral

Great place to work to gain skills.

My typical work day consist of greeting AEP employees and visitors and making sure everyone who enters the building has proper identification. I did periodic floor sweeps and perimeter checks and some dock work(shipping & receiving). Management and supervisors were great, they gave a family oriented environment and had an open door policy. Most coworkers had been working for 20+ years so i gained great knowledge about the security field.
  • Empresas