logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Colorado Springs, CO

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 18 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Laid back job with plenty of free time.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The amount of responsibilities is quite minimal and the sites basically take care of themselves. This leaves a lot of down time. Most of this down time is spent talking with coworkers or doing extra responsibilities to fight boredom. Overall the pay is not the best, but it leaves plenty of time for homework which is optimal for a college student. There is no fullfilment at all, it's just another job that happens to appeal to prior military or college attendees.

Pros

Free time and decent pay for the responsibilities

Contras

Poor, expensive benefits, incompetent managers, moving up in the company is a myth and only for those whom management prefers.
Cultura laboral

It's a job and nothing more.

G4S is the same as most other large security firms. If you get hired as flex officer you'll work a lot for the first few months but once everyone is done going on vacation you'll be lucky if you get twenty hours a week after that. They will expect you to be available 24/7 at first, so looking for a second job is out of the question. Most security jobs are pretty easy though. You're basically just a receptionist who also might have to do CPR and first aid. The people at the Colorado Springs office(i.e. management) are gossips. People at one site whom you barely talk to will know your business when they obviously shouldn't. It's obvious who tells them these things. Getting time off requests approved always takes multiple attempts.

Only Good ad Supplemental Income

The sites G4S has are staffed with mostly friendly and hard working people. Problem is the pay per contract tends to be very low at most locations. Also the office branch management is terrible. They don't care about promoting officers already at locations. Only getting warm bodies to fill slots. So even if a better paying position opens up at a site your contracted to and on site management for the contract may want to promote you they tend to get bypassed by the main office. Which is unfortunate. Good as a temporary job or for supplemental income if you're retired or have other income coming in. Not as a main means of income. Could vary by branch responsible for officers because most issues outside the benefits being sub par and expensive appear to be due to local branch management.

G4s

G4s is very specific in training. Over this company is great. Better than any security company I’ve worked for Training is great All higher ups are great

Na

Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Obtains help by sounding alarms. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Slow and no way to advance

The management has favorites and they would advance people based on personal issues rather than their work experience. The management should advance people based on merit and work history/record.

dont work here

No pay raises. Barely anytime off a year. Management is horrible. If you are absolutely desperate for a for coming out of the military, it is a decent stepping stone. Nothing more.

everything

Work place culture

Depending on what site you work. Depending on who supervisor you have to fully give training. Team members you work with. Things going on day to day basis.
Cultura laboral

If you want a job that you show up and go home then this is great...no challenge

Very top heavy, no room for advancement. If you're not part of the Colorado Springs Utilities contract you're forgoten about. If there is one postive part it is Managment. Very good peole in the back office envireoment.

Pros

leadership

advancement, and raises
Cultura laboral

I have never worked for a company that displayed such utter disregard for their employees

Rampant cronyism. As far as G4S is concerned they own you. You are expected to be available at a moment's notice at all times. If they want to call you at 3am to ask you a question about a line item on a report you did 3 weeks ago you had better answer the phone and you had better have an answer for them. Utter disrespect for their employees. They'll lie to you they'll scream at you, they'll cuss you out. They think this is acceptable behavior because they make it clear from day one that you are Emminently replaceable. When I worked for them they literally could not hire people fast enough to make up for the people who were quitting

Pros

If you get on the right contract the pay is a little higher than average

Contras

They pay isn't worth the garbage you'll have to put up with to get it.

NormalJob

Typical day at work Pay not sufficient for job description The hardest part of the job dealing with suicidal patients Most enjoyable is interacting with staff and clients

Respectful and Knowledgable

Management treated everyone equally, very refreshing. Wish the pay would've been better, other than that, great company to work for...!

Pros

Management cares about it's employees

Don't have any

Great learning experience

I worked with G4S Secure Solutions for close to 4 years. I enjoyed working with this company. Also, I enjoyed the luxury of being able to transfer within the company. I learned a couple new computer programs and was able to learn CCTV. I enjoyed training and learning about new policies in the company. G4S allows you to continue your education and earn certificates. I enjoyed working with each co-worker I had. We all worked well together and had fun getting the job done. I enjoyed talking with my bosses and they were all open for suggestions.

A great place to work,

I did 110 % in my job, learned to care about my job, Management needs to care about their job, coworkers need a push to work, job was no problem doing but supervisor needs to care about his job, loved working with the staff I protected.

Pros

Enjoyed the Hospital Staff

Contras

My department needed better supervision

Great workplace

Working with G4S was a great experience. I was a roving security officer, and was in charge of closing down the campus I was assigned to. The people I worked with I still keep in touch with today. Very great group of people. The best part of the job was the people I met, and helped out.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Conflicting schedule

travel to New Jersey

Was a FLEX officer. Worked many locations. Traveled to the East Coast for hurricane Sandy relief.
Cultura laboral

Good place to work with other security professionals. Had the opportunity to work at churches, hospitals, and other places needing security. interesting to map out plan and tour the facilities.

Pros

various shifts

none noted
Cultura laboral

good job if you want too stay close to the military

When i worked with this company i worked on a military base so it was good pay good bens.

Pros

military related

none really...