logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S en Calgary, AB

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 13 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Never out of work

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Started 2+ years and always getting enough hours, schedule staff are very cooperative and understands your availability. Managers are their when u need them. I am just comfortable working different sites as not boring and stuck on one place. Money is not great but stress level is low too. Be honest with your work & availability level open for any shift will keep your job safe.

Pay
Cultura laboral

Second worst security company in Canada.

Management is a joke. If you are white you will never get promoted. Pay sucks. Can NEVER get enough hours to get benefits. They give you USED uniforms. I could go on but the bottom line is, this company SUCKS!!!!

Pros

Lol

Contras

long hours low pay. somtimes no washroom piis on a tree.
Cultura laboral

It is a place to learn and advance.

Great place learn and advance in your career.Also the management, supervisor and coworkers are considerate and helpful.There are many resources available for learning and advancement.

More hours

COnvenient and easy location. Front end staff, Great supervisor, always helping and cooperating, Willing to teach, Great training opportunities. Good pay.

Pros

Convenient locations

Productive company

A very good experience with this company & I'm a happy fellow to be a part of this company, good working environment makes the difference. Enjoying a lot in Calgary.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

good job without benefits

life is good. enough time to spend with family.not a goog salary for the family stat of 5 people.need beter job than security.

Wouldn't work for again

Wasn't happy with the office environment. There was no team feeling around the company. Everyone was there for themselves.............................

Pros

Payed

Lack of professionalism

Job Security

There is no such thing as job security at G4S. working with the company was fun. However, when there are issues arising within a contract, the area managers tend to turn the other cheek and allow the problems to persist, just to save a big contract. My biggest complaint about G4S is the company allowing someone with no security or supervisory experience to take over the Team Lead position for G4S. The contract is huge for G4S as it is a global contract. However, the individual creates a hazardous work environment, which has caused many people to leave and seek shifts elsewhere. the biggest pro i have from the company: being able to learn and grow as a security officer. I have learned a lot working with a gentleman who has more than 25 years of security experience. I can say that I can do my job with confidence with all that he has taught me.

Pros

Office staff is the best

Contras

allowing someone with no security or management experience take on the title of supervisor, which is currently happening on one contract.

flight center at kearl

It is a very good employer .I learned to be more professional with G4S.The management encourage us all the time to show professionalism with clients. My co-workers are brothers and sisters to me. The hardest part of the job is when we go outside under the weather of -40 to go scan vehicles. when I am by myself in the bird house to wait for the vehicles to come before I scan them and let them go by pressing the botton .
Cultura laboral

Great place to work at that understood work life balance

I was working here for 4 years in which time they always placed me in places I could be of most use. I was challenged intellectually and physically to ensure the safety of the location. They accommodated my needs to work daily wether it was in the daytime or night. I was given the proper training to learn all the key requirements of each location; security camera training, alarm system training etc. Great co-workers that also shared similar passion and journey in life as myself. The hardest part was maintaining a proper sleep schedule when I was working overnight. The best part was the locations I was at, very slow paced and calm.

Productive with fun

A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.

Pros

Preferred Hours

Less Benefits
Cultura laboral

hard to balance personal life with work life and terrible employee relations

When i was hired I was informed that I would be placed in a full time position guaranteed, for the first month i worked for no more than 2 days . My last location there I had requested a location somewhat close to home as i was promised in the interview and I was placed at a location outside of the city on the opposite side of Calgary from me, my commute in the morning was an hour on the best day but usually ended up being close to 2 and a half hours. I worked 12 hour days which i was expecting in a security company but ended up spending 16 hours on average a day working and getting there/back then the rest sleeping so i could work the next day i didnt get to see my family for more that 5 minutes a day and when i saw them they were asleep. when i requested a closer location to home i was pulled off the location I was on and left without any work for 5 months even though i kept contacting checking on progress for new locations and nothing came of it until i received a letter in the mail that read: our records show that you have not worked for 5 months with us and we will assume that if you do not contact us before said date we will be terminating your employment. upon reading this i immediately sent an email to inform hr that I have been trying to get a shift with the company and that i would like to continue working with them but never received any confirmation that the email was even received so i went into the office to discuss the matter face to face to hear that they had apparently responded 3 times to my email however i had never received anything and they informed me that -
Cultura laboral

Mechanical technologist specialization in Quality Control and Quality assurance with manufacturing techniques

Worked for a long span with one of the leading manufacturing industry and learned about skills and techniques in technology
  • Empresas