G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Security Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 4448 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.133 evaluaciones
Necesitan Mejorar sus Operaciones Con Empleados Vacaciones Sueldos Uniformes
Pros
Buena Industria
Empleados Necesitan mejores Beneficios
Cultura laboral
Company is very organized everybody in the company seems to have good character and good ones I would like to grow with this company and eventually become a supervisor or more
Pros
Good environment
Short breaks
Cultura laboral
This company has its picks of who they let work certain shift. They train you for a day and cast you into the sea and expect you to just catch on. Turnover is unreal.
Contras
No breaks low pay with no raises
Cultura laboral
It’s a great job if you like overtime. My coworkers are great and helpful. You get recognized for a good work ethic and going beyond what is asked of you. Management will help you out with any concerns and seem like they genuinely care. They are down to earth and don’t act all high and mighty and they hang out with the regular guards and supervisors.
Pros
Overtime opportunities, cool coworkers, opportunities to rise up the ranks
Healthcare plan is expensive
Cultura laboral
Great job, Pretty laid back, It’s a bunch of opportunities for overtime. It’s not bad. You get very few complaints from your supervisors. Just make sure to take care of your business and you will be ok here now
Pros
Easy work Flexible schedule
Contras
None really for this place
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Great place to work. Hours were always flexible and if I needed more my boss was always willing to give me more days when i needed them. Would recommend if you're looking into getting into the security business.
Contras
Amys kitchen smells like a toxic cesspool
Cultura laboral
The HR and payroll department for G4S is terrible. Everyone at my workplace has a horror story about missing hours or pay rates being wrong. Management lies to you about your hours and doesn't keep promises. The workplace has no union so there is no one to fight for you, you just have to take it. Expect a constantly changing schedule and a constantly rotating set of coworkers and poor communication all around.
Pros
lots of overtime chances
see everything else
Cultura laboral
It's probably better here than some of the other security jobs but to be honest as someone who has been in 3 different security companies; they all suck. It's barely any pay to do attentive work that can sometimes be very dangerous. Some gigs are easy and boring. Beyond those few gigs overnighting a warehouse or something its not normally an enjoyable job.
Pros
Sometimes very easy work.
Contras
Sometimes very annoying/dangerous work.
Cultura laboral
They are completely out of touch with the real workers with boots on the ground who are actually working hard during this pandemic. No bonuses, no essential worker pay, no thank you's, no social distancing or mask follow up, no helping get vaccinated, total garbage.
all things mentioned above
Cultura laboral
Its a very laid back job. Sometimes I don't understand why people wouldn't want to come to work. Everyone I've worked with was nice and showed me everything i needed to know.
Pros
Nothing you wouldn't be able to handle
Contras
Waiting for the time to go by
Cultura laboral
You will never get a pay raise. One week vacation and no paid sick leave. You work in all weather conditions without proper coats. And they only give u a 20 minute lunch.
Cultura laboral
Do not accept a job from them. They are so unorganized and unprofessional it makes the work environment uncomfortable. Your voice will go unheard at this company
Cultura laboral
The site I work at, is top notch. Love my job, supervisors and MOST coworkers. But you have that anywhere. Our team is like family. Not impressed with the office.....I'll leave it there.
Pros
Family environment at site, pay is great for what we do
Contras
Access to decent looking uniforms, swing shift hours at site, constant overtime- some mandatory
Cultura laboral
Been with the company for over a year & witnessed the good and bad. G4S as a whole doesn’t look after their employees as they should. During the BLM, Asian Violence, LGBTQ movement nothing was said to whether they stand with the movements or against. When COVID hit, employees were not provided with sick pay or even a get well soon card. Extra coverage wasn’t provided & was advised work within ( = figure it out amongst yourselves even if you’re overworked). the job pays the bills, puts food on the table & clothes on your back.. nothing more and nothing less
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits, Poor Management, lack of diversity training
Cultura laboral
I spent 4 years with G4S and it was honestly one of the worst companies I ever worked for. Poor management, poor negotiation of client contracts, employees at small accounts are forgotten/neglected. I have a relative who also has been a loyal G4S employee for 20 years. She fell sick on the job and was in the hospital 2 weeks. Not so much as a fruit basket was sent. All she got was a phone call asking when she would be returning to work. I'm surprised the Memphi branch lasted as long as it did.
Pros
Employment
Pay, Benefits, Management, Morale, Structure
Cultura laboral
Like most of those companies that are in this industry, they promise all sorts of benefits. When you start they become more interested in how much of you time you can give. There is no career advancement structure in place to make you feel that you are an asset to the company.
Long hours indeed.
Cultura laboral
Depends on the customer where you're assigned. Working at HCA in Hopewell, Virginia was a great experience, but in Richmond it was terrible due to "favorites" and lack of management and supervision. Upper-level "leaders" (corporate) do not lead, they dictate. The HR department does not understand that employee advocacy is a function of HR. No room for advancement in most of the locations. On the plus side, if you work for a customer like hospitals, you're almost guaranteed job security. Pay is better than most private security companies as well.
Cultura laboral
Love it here. Prod. ,Professionalism, good bosses. Close to home posts. Good pay, decent hours. I love it here. Well the test at the end you get 2 chances if you dont pass them. Then they will tell you they cant go any further
Pros
Good pay. Good hours, sites for the pist you work are close to your home
Long interview process
Cultura laboral
Your just a number. Will change your shift whilst your in bed resting for your next shift. Management are promoted because of there family. No career. Poor company
Management lies
Cultura laboral
Honestly, I don't think we can ever expect too much out of a security firm anyways so comparatively speaking, I'm probably being too harsh on them. They'll hire anyone which is good for inclusion but not so great for a dedicated employee who has to come in a fix everyone else's mess ups. Whether it be lack of dedication, only showing up for the paycheck, people who just blatantly don't care or respect any aspect of the position, or those who you teach 500+ times and they still never grasp it, fear not because you have a job with G4S AND you'll probably earn a higher status before the better candidate does! The company themselves doesn't care about its employees and the clients don't really either. Pay is okay at my location but I'd be making more at Walmart if I applied. Communication is a struggle between job sites and management. I guess overall, if you're just looking for a side hustle, this is a good option. Don't apply if you struggle with accepting underachievement though, it seems to be a trend with G4S's employees.
Contras
Low pay, high turnover, bad employees, bad/no benefits
Cultura laboral
If you have dignity for yourself, at least apply to a reputable organization in the San Diego area. Supervisors do not care about you, site supervisors have no backbones, account managers will see turnover rate as an accomplishment, SD's office is lazy and never gets back to you, at all. The level of micromanagement to justify having the supervisors at these sites is unfathomable. It's like an extension of high school; no real maturity, basic understanding of professionalism when it comes to dealing with other humans is non-existent, conflict management is perceived as how to further deteriorate relationships as quickly as possible. The tasks at these sites will leave you absolutely bored out of your mind, meanwhile being lambasted you're doing all things wrong.Bottomline: Waste of time, they want you to quit before they finish the mountains of paperwork they wish to build on you to expedite the process. You're on your own with SD sites.
Pros
Pay is ok
Contras
Unpaid lunches, micromanagement, toxic supervisors, no chance of advancement, turnover extreme