logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Patrol Officer en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 50 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Coworkers was cool and my Captain

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Productive and cool place to work,atmosphere was cool .I like my site was laid back ,just have make sure all task was complete before the of shift . Miss working at that site.

Pros

Overtime

Hmmmmm

Typical large security provider

Zero work to life balance, management that doesn’t communicate across the board, varied policy enforcement, lots of nepotism on individual projects. Some projects are so mismanaged you get new supervisors every week. One week you will get the schedule two weeks ahead, the next week three days before Monday. Hours are terrible, rotating you through shifts with no regard for sleep or life schedules. Can get 60 hours one week, then without any reason have no hours or one shift the next. Company just got bought out by an even bigger company, likely to only get worse.

Pros

Decent entry level pay

Contras

Terrible to no benefits, no retirement, nepotism to the extreme, wildly varied policy enforcement

Depends on the day

If you worked security before it’s not bad at all actually most days were pretty great, but if you’re new to security you will feel growing pains trying to settle in at first for your position

Workplace, wages. Communication

Stay away from this company. They treat you like animal. Always break their promises. Not paying properly. Accounting department always make mistakes in your payroll
Cultura laboral

The company is always understaffed for the client

Promised a stable schedule, but because they are always understaffed for the client, the permanent officers with tenure are always having their schedules change. Unable to maintain a viable work/life balance.

Contras

No work/life balance; overtime without breaks; unstable scheduling
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Not good

Avoid like the plague. No raises, management is terrible. Never work for a contracted security company, as they will take most of your pay, and not even give you a reference.

Pros

very few

plenty

The working environment at G4S was not very good

The area that I worked in at G4S was not very interested in my development. If there was a problem with access to a site the supervisor in the office was more interested in going home himself than dealing with the customer; this could mean that the access problem isn't resolved so that if an alarm the same reason comes in then we have to go through the procedure again. Mainproblems with access are dea

Pros

Being able to work on your own
Cultura laboral

Doing interior and exterior patrols

There are some great employees that work there that can help you achieve success outside of the company. They are very helpful. There are places outside the state where you can advance in the company and there are people who are willing to help you on how to advance to the next level.
Cultura laboral

G4S is a stepping stone for better.

at first I enjoyed working with G4S. Then I realized the training I received was inadequate for the location I was sent to. When I moved locations due to supervisor disagreements, I enjoyed my new location until they no longer cared about my mental health when over working me and me needing time off.

Pros

If you want to work a lot, there is always an opportunity to hustle.

Not enough training.

management cares

management cares but not everyone that was scheduled showed up, would have to stay over to cover call outs and sick calls. I enjoyed most of my co-workers
Cultura laboral

at time was a great company to work for ,now under new management the hornor of work and proformane has died

not enough heads up on leadership and management skills messed up sechule no one held accountable for policy guidelines on true leadership to lower of lesser workers

Pros

at one time pay was great

Contras

not enought room for advancememtt in company company

interesting place to work

interesting place to work. met a lot of interesting people. uniform were very uncomfortable and not female fitting. long hours, low on coverage. my supervisor was very pleasant.

Not employee friendly

Make you feel guilty for needing time off. Family isn't important. Can't get enough employees. Employees Feel mistreated by supervisors and for being a security company it is very relaxed.

public affairs/ security/patrols

making sure that the location is safe and to help all person that in need, for safey calling police department, fire department , or EMT and mantance for spills. giving direction. checking for unlocks patrols interior and exterior. making sure that management was happy and safe.

Pros

working with people.

Contras

when there a problem that cant be fix.

Has age discrepency

This company doesn't want older people with security experience working for them. They prefer young people who don't show up for work or doesn't want to do their job.
Cultura laboral

Not provided with adequate equipment for the role

Management poor,and sheer lack of equipment for the job we do. Fuel cards refused as company don't pay bills in a timely fashion,cars left on bald tyres, brake lights out for 6 months and not fixed..mobile phones not working leaving lone workers vulnerable

Pros

Min wage

Contras

Long hours, poor management, lack of basic equipment

Always on Schedule

Time is money with this job, patrols are done on time,and there radio checks and PDAs' to ensure that you are on time.I worked at the DuPont hotel in Wilmington,DE. 11 floors,2 kitchens,close to 50 keys,a parking garage, a ballroom, and all require an unlimited amount of checks. All had to be secured and checked periodically throughout a 12 hr.shift by morning;since i worked the graveyard shift.always on schedule.
Cultura laboral

The place i reborn and prepared my future

Had a great support from my superiors to built up my Carrier as a Security Officer. Hed a very good facility as Accomodation transport and other benifits

help

I feel the company is a great company to work for but need more help and alot of turn over with the management department.. Hopefully they are making changes to the company know..

Unappreciated career

Stressful job that requires you to be alert and on your feet. You have to entertain yourself during slow times. Due to high turn around there is chances to pick up over time. Most need for workers is grave shift so you have no opportunity to work any other times even if they have a 24 hour operation. HR is bad with keeping people and providing work hours. I say this because I went from working 40hrs at $15/hr to 32hrs at $15/hr. This dropped my salary per month because it is like working 40hrs at $13/hr. I also did not get scheduled when returning from basic military training. When I turned in my two week noticed for a better job they stop scheduling all together, so i was pretty much laid off when I got back. I was lucky I was in the process of working somewhere else during this time. This work is the most unappreciative and non respective in terms of helping people, since we can only watch and try to passively and sternly deter and/or keep violators there until police arrives.

Pros

Overtime work, management is good, steady work, parking provided

Contras

Dealing with people that don't respect what you do, dealing with activity that could put you in danger, not provided with self defense items, have to wait till police arrive and not chase or hold people, mostly only have grave shifts available

Decent Employment

Working with G4S has not been a bad experience at all. However, I do believe that there is room for many improvements. I don't feel as though area supervisors really care or take in consideration the distance that people are willing to or have to travel for work. Also, there isn't much room for advancement depending on your site.
  • Empresas