G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Flex Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 74 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.283 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I've been a flex officer for 5 months now after leaving 5 years of corrections. The job itself is easy with nothing to complain about. I get 40+ hours a week traveling to different sites that need coverage. I'm comped for fuel at a rate of .40 a mile. The pay would not be enough if I wasn't paid the mileage. Out of the 5 site supervisors I rotate between only 1 seems to have any sense of leadership and accountability. Another one has a habit of scheduling me for work without asking if I'm available or even letting me know that I've been scheduled.
Pros
Fuel reimbursement, daily pay option
Low pay, laughable training
Cultura laboral
As far as I can tell it is about the best of the security companies but it still can be difficult. We were chronically understaffed and always working mandatory overtime. In addition management could of been better. My direct bosses and supervisors were all really good for the most part but higher up it seemed to get worse.The people you work with tend to be pretty good and overall I think its a good job if you want to work security.
Pros
Good co-workers and supers
Bad upper management
Cultura laboral
I wouldn't recommend this job to someone who just graduated from college and looking for a career because you're not going to have a fun experiences. Depending on what site you work at it can either be a decent place to not very good place. This is the most miserable job of your life if you choose here become a flex because they would call you in a last minute, always having your schedule changes on a last notice, or it'll be incorrect schedule you end up going to the wrong site, and will con you out of your payment any method possible. Also this company will treat you like a pawn and relocate you to a different site that pay less and won't let you know until you fund out yourself. Plus G4S health and retirement benefits is awful. Would not recommend this place if you're looking for a career. All I'm saying is that this is good security company to work for if you're a retired/listed military veteran and/or law enforcer and getting retirement checks from the government. But if you looking to make a career out of this job look somewhere else before it's too late.
Pros
Pay better than most security company
Contras
Terrible time management, no time to plans your personal days off, always ALWAYS calling you in last minutes, but the people who calls off don't get any type of punishment or warnings, will leave you out to dry
Cultura laboral
My time hasn't been too bad because the site I work at I have worked at before with a different security company so I've always known what to expect. Do your research and do your job, if they ask you to do anything outside the scope of the position you were hired for....suck it up, it's private security, IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE, I PROMISE!
Cultura laboral
G4S is an okay company, they have plenty of great officer as for the office it needs plenty of improvement. I am still learning the company and I hope to stay with them but if a better company comes along I will have to leave.
Pros
Amazing officers
Company needs improvement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
The company started out great in the beginning, no complaints what so ever.Then I started to realize the job sites are horrible and you are treated like scum by the managers at the job sites.The people I work with are completely lazy and have no sense of direction in their lives. Some of my co-workers are also very scummy and have mental issues. They can get away with anything they want and still retain a job, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!! The only thing I can guess is that a previous review stated the mangers only care about their bonuses.As far as work life balance as a flex officer, you, do not have one PERIOD. You are constantly moving from days to night with no stability. If you have a family and want to spend time with them just stay away and find something else. The manager does not seem to care about your personal life and will call you on your day off and expects you to come in when someone does not show up for their post or calls out. You are supposed to get a weekly schedule, but for some reason it always changes at the drop of a hat, which then affects your plans.
Pros
Mileage for Flex Officers
Contras
The work sites and your co-workers plus scheduling
Cultura laboral
After working with a rival private security company, I had a general idea of what to expect, overall things are not too terribly different. The communication with supervision and mid level managers is pretty good. One glaring thing that needs to be changed is that pay issues seem to be commonplace. I especially have had issues almost EVERY paycheck. Certain codes have to be entered for accurate pay, and for me specifically, there seems to be an issue. If you are dependable, site supervisors really want and need you to fill out their site schedule on a daily basis. If you want to advance with the company, I personally have not seen any opportunity or ways to advance yet. I paid out of my own pocket for levels 3 and 4 commissioned licensing. My recommendation is to have dependable transportation to make it to work every day and on time. Because if not, the other guards have to cover vacant shifts. It’s not back breaking work, relatively simple expectations, I’d recommend taking pride in your appearance in uniform, a fresh and clean appearance does go a long way. Some officers literally take their uniforms out of the trunk of their cars and throw it on as is. Dirty, wrinkled and smelly. Site supervisors could/should enforce that a bit better. Have comfortable shoes. If you have, Major back issues and major problems with your knees and or feet. This might not be the job for you, unless you can fill mobile patrols or CCTV monitoring posts. I’d recommend that retired vets work here. They’ll hire you pretty much on the spot! Very veteran friendly.
Pros
Good benefits available, hours are there if you ask, very veteran friendly!
Contras
Pay issues, HOA’s seem to get in the way at times at certain posts.
Cultura laboral
So I started with the company in June 2020 and even the introduction to the company was terrible. Their “top trainer” was rude and unprofessional and when you go to HR about anything, they take up for the company and the long time employees (so avoid doing that) ... they really use their flex officers (which is good) but the pay is terrible. They tell you one thing on the phone and another in person. Their supervisors don’t know anything and honestly they're just in the position because it's more pay and because they don't have to post at a site. The company doesn't act like they're grateful for good workers but they want you to be grateful for employment (make it make sense.) overall, it's not the best company but it's not the worse. Go in do your job and leave. That's all I recommend cause they don't promote within unless you do their 1001 offered trainings and you play ball. I know several people who applied for a site supervisor or site lead and were passed up for an outside candidate even though they've been at the site for a long time, did the duties of either supervisor or lead, and have a good record with the company. I've worked a few security companies and they're all the same. Overworked, short-staffed, and unprofessional. Good luck.
Pros
Various locations and as many hours as you want
Contras
Everything about the company is terrible EXCEPT what’s listed in the pros
Cultura laboral
The only positive about management is when you finally find a location where you don't have to deal with them on a regular basis. They have no idea what they are doing and will constantly "mess up" your pay its amazing how its always on the low end and not over payment. Keep record of all your work hours you will need it.
Cultura laboral
This job takes the bare minimum of mental strength. Even in the more active sites it sit takes nothing. It's easy work if your okay work doing nothing outside of patrolling, depending on the site, and basic report/log writing. If you like to think and problem solve as I do, find somewhere else to work.
Cultura laboral
I was a flex officer at G4s and it started out really good. The I started getting stories from HR that there weren't anymore jobs available for flex officers which I questioned because I clearly see them being posted indeed. I was with the company for 3 years and have done positions up to the an analyst level of security, there was absolutely no reason a full time employee should go without work. I went without or part time work for months, I even worked a site where I didn't get paid for 2 of the days I worked because customer service didn't check me in and they claimed it even tho customer service told me and another officer on speaker phone he checked us both in. I have a current Labor board claim against this company for my 2 days of work missing. If you choose to work here I would suggest you only do natural disaster deployments only.
Cultura laboral
i enjoyed my time with G4S, i would love to still work for the company, but, coworkers were the cause of me quitting and not the management. Great management team, great company. I truly loved my job and encourage others to join the company.
Cultura laboral
I felt like some of the people in charge were not qualified for the position they had and it didn't take long for the higher up to see it and that was the reason for turn over. And the good managers didn't go forward cause the pay wasn't worth the stress.
Pros
Its a job better than nothing.
Contras
Low wages and sometimes not enough hours.
Cultura laboral
I was told I would be working in one place and ended up not working in that area until a year into the job and it was only because the client kept firing people. I work there for 6 months with no issuses and then one day they called my boss and had me removed for no reason. G4S told me I would be full time.. then I had to sign papers when I got my 1st site that said I was part time Taking my benefits away before I could get them.
Cultura laboral
was hired told i will do my training in columbia then told i had to go to charelston for training.was not through with training ( armed) was sent to job site.my training ran out on 21 days they still wanted me to work without my sled card had me traveling over 2 hrs to job site. told them days i had planned to do things with my family be for going to the company they still scheduled me to work.
everything
Cultura laboral
G4S is of the attitude of you work when you say you work and the hours they want you to work or your fired. There a very unfair company to work for and only care about them and not your wellbeing.
Cultura laboral
Most of people I worked with were cool. I worked multiple sites so that was cool. They go after government accountability so you'll get paid. It was cool working all around the city.
Pros
Overtime is always available if you want it
Cultura laboral
So so so bad. Management is horrible. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to agree to take a job. The hours will be nights and weekends. The pay will never be what they promised. No sick pay and it doesn't matter because you're not allowed to be sick without a Doctor's note. Don't bother with it.
Pros
Will hire anybody
Cultura laboral
learn alot of was to secure an area such as building. quiet and peace area as well as cooperative. favorite part is driving the carts. the hardest part for me was doing the badges
Pros
Choose your break time
Contras
only get called to come in
Cultura laboral
Absolutely the best security team to work for. World class reputation and the clients appreciate the quality of officers they provide. I fyou are not a good fit at a position at the security sites they will work with you to relocate you to a desirable setting that will provide you and the client the best performance from you.
Pros
Excellent on-line training available
Contras
still needs to bring the pay up for the class of security officer
Cultura laboral
Hours were very flexible with working my other job, supervisors replied to emails in a timely matter. License were provided along with CPR classes. Working as a flex the different sites were fun I just wish they paid a lil more.