logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Door Supervisor en G4S

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 14 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Management is useless

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Management is useless they comeatly ignore any attempt to contact them.no info for the events you apply for are provided untill the last minute. Then they complain to you if u don't know I for about the event or turn up late because of there mistakes.

Nice Company to work for

Managers should consider their employees otherwise they will end up covering sites themselves. I would always recommend for those starting their carrier as Door supervisors or security guards.

Pros

Nil

Good workplace

You go to the site, sign in and start your shift. Listen to your supervisors and you will get along just fine.There are a lot of events throughout the year so there's always work available.
Cultura laboral

I worked on the events team, which meant I was travelling to all the big events around the country. I learned that doing things as a team/unit your day will go smooth. I worked with all kinds of culture which was something I enjoyed. I saw how different cultures do things. The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. I enjoyed that we got to work at major events and got to see celebrities.

Pros

being apart of an event

standing for long hours
Cultura laboral

Good second income but no permenant work.

good company, plenty of work if you are willing to travel for it but no permenant income. lower wage for sia licenced pay compaired to a nightclub sia operative. good to be part of events. uniform allocation could be better...

Pros

get to see and be part of events and concerts

Contras

long hours, dont always get paid licenced rate
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Typical day at work would include coming into direct contact with customers and ensuring that you provide a good first impression.

A challenging work place

It is a good employer to work for various jobs available.With hard work and dedication it is possible for advancement possibilities but there are very few .All in all a pretty good job

Pros

Pay always on time

Very few advancement possibilites

security supervisor

i was checking tickets from the people ho was arrive to airpot then a was scanning bags then after i go to office then checking cctv camera
Cultura laboral

Great experience to work at many different events

Travel all across the UK to work at large scale evens. I managed to further envelop my inter personnel skills as I was able to meet many people of different backgrounds. I found the management really helpful and always willing to help. It has also been a pleasure to work alongside friendly co-workers who adopted a strong work ethic. The hardest part of the job was travelling away from family for longer than a week in order to work at events such as the open golf- (Liverpool), Commonwealth Games- (Scotland) etc.

Enjoyable

G4S is a company who I enjoy to work for. The reason being because the whole aspect of security is enjoyable for me. Ensuring the safety of the public, interacting with them, having a conversation makes the time past by adding to the experience. The supervisor and staff at G4S are also very professional in the work they do and are expected to perform at a high standard at all times. Security is something I feel great about as having the authority and ensuring the safety of the public after a day of work does not give a better feeling.

Pros

Decent Pay, Attend Events/Venues, Dealing with Public (Interacting)

inconsistant

I earned 16.40$ per hr. at BMC Software (Client) several years ago. Since the Facilities Mgr. retired I was at various locations with other clients with less pay and iconsistancy in job security, Wages which were much less and I was making at BMC Softare.

Pros

If you are lucky with a good client, things go well.

Contras

If the company does not have good clients, this job can be a big downfall.
Cultura laboral

fun to work with the people

zero hour contract, so not alot of hours, but i thouroughly enjoyed the staff and the events

No typical day

There is not a typical day as all events are different. Usual procedures are sign in and be given instructions for the event, which could include search and eject, vehicle access and egresss, checking accreditation, crowd control. Because of the varied work it is difficult to say what has been learned as each venue has its own peculiararities which must be learned before you can do the job.I have found management to be lacking in communication skills as no one seems to know what is happening and when you ask for clarification they always pass you on to someone else. This is the main reason I want to change my employment here.I find my co-workers to be pleasant and agreeable and they seem to know more about what is happening than management.The hardest part of the job is lack of communication and being told at the last minute that you are wanted on a job. I love security work especially conferences and other work where you can see you are doing a good job.

Pros

interested varied work

Contras

lack of communication and very little work at this time.
Cultura laboral

Productive, proffessionalism, efficiency and Team player.

A typical starts by getting to work 06:30am to start 07:00am.Duties:• Providing a visible onsite security and deterrent presence.• Watching out for, reporting and dealing with suspicious or unusual activity. Patrolling & monitoring the shop floor, general building and outside car park.• Dealing with hostile customers and escorting them from the building.• Apprehending and detaining of anybody involved in crime until the arrival of the police.• Meeting and greeting official visitors. Locking up premises and making sure that doors, windows and gates are secured.• Completing fire alarm and health and safety checks. Monitoring and authorising entrance and departure of employees & visitors.• Dealing with emergencies as they arise.• Answering telephone calls and providing information during non-business hours.• Reporting any incidents of concern to the store managers.• Responsible for monitoring and operating CCTV cameras and Alarm Systems.• Assisting in administering first aid and reporting accident.• Responding in a timely manner to alarms that have been set of.I have learn't how to take job responsibilities assigned to me, professionalism in conduct, efficiency and working in team.Management is excellent from top to bottom.I worked with experience co-workers which make job easier.The hardest part of the job is dealing with extremely aggressive guest/visitors. Dealing with set of people required a high level of professionalim and calmness.The most enjoyable part of the job is the availability of overtime on request.

Pros

overtime availaility on request.

dealing aggressive guest/visitors