G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Customs Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 123 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.283 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Great place to start. Worked here for over 2 years, nobody gets promoted, nobody gets a raise. Managers are practically useless. And you’re more of a glorified hall monito
Cultura laboral
Was good at first but they are poorly managed, don't know how to schedule, they messed up my pay check, and didn't give me my final one. I loved the job but depending on the sight it could make or break you.
Pros
Advancement, great environment
Contras
Short breaks, missing pay, long hours
Cultura laboral
This is Security. They will always try to keep you as a guard. Depending on your quals you can get paid well. However, on average your looking at about $14 and hour.
Pros
Easy jobs
Contras
Not a lot of room for advancement
Cultura laboral
Management in some scenarios was lacking. Overall training was good and working with various clients was an appealing part of the job. Having a sense of importance for the public meant a lot for me.
Cultura laboral
The management team in the Orlando office is inexperienced, unreliable and lazy. Hopefully after the company over hauls the Orlando office the management will get better and the employees wont have to suffer from the management teams incompetence.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
It was a challenging job dealing with people and all of their different personalities. There was a lot of extremely long hours. Be prepared to work day in and out.
Cultura laboral
I was promised AT LEAST 32 hours a week. I was given 18 hours a week. When I asked about 32 hours, I was informed they would get on it. That response changed to, "if you want more hours, let us know your availability" and then "Just talk to home office and they will get you more hours at other sites" I was a dedicated flex officer; I was not supposed to drink on my time off or travel long distances due to needing to be ready whenever I was called in. I should have been getting paid to be on call.
Cultura laboral
The company overall is a good company but like many large companies sometimes their is some confusion in monetary matters. Some of the supervisors are afraid to make decisions as far as discipline is concerned and as a result the same troublemakers continue to cause trouble for all.
Pros
The training is excellent.
Improper disciplinary techniques.
Cultura laboral
Worked here for a little over a year. The turn around rate here was ridiculous. Employees came and went and the longest people would stay is about 6 months. They weren’t flexible with the hours and you had no say if you needed a schedule adjustment. You got what you received. No overtime was given and no one hit 40 hours. Averaged about 38 a good week and 32 on an average week. Received no benefits. The job just generally sucked.
Cultura laboral
I wouldnt recommend this job for people who is used to being active at work. It good for people who dont mind being sedentary for 8 or more hours a day
Pros
Easy
Contras
Boring, no work life balance, no competitive pay or advancement opportunity.
Cultura laboral
The office management does not care. If you have a Site Supervisor you will be fine most times. They do not give raises ever and will over look you for advancement in the company even when you apply all the time. Was not a good time to work for them.
Cultura laboral
Poorly treated. Only if desperate you should apply. Pay is okay, needs to be better with all the poor treatment. Dont expect much from this job. Look for better
Cultura laboral
Transition from military into security to then apply for law enforcement. Grueling hours, people call out alot, but the pay was good for the extra overtime.
Cultura laboral
I worked for the Sacramento office. I also worked for them in Charleston, WV which was a good experience. But this is for the Sacramento office. The bottom line is I had too many bosses. I was hired to be an armed Customs Protection Officer, but I was also cross trained to be a Bank Protection Officer. I was constantly being jerked around and rescheduled in the middle of the week with barely any notice and hardly ever worked the site I was hired on for. There’s a silver lining, however. Since I left, the operations manager, payroll person and HR Manager were fired. Okay, that’s not a silver lining, just funny. The real silver lining is that they lost the contract to the site I was supposed to be assigned to, and I got hired on with the company that now has the contract, and they pay more money. The Sacramento office loses major contracts all the time, and that sums up the problem with the branch: it’s a global company, so they have the money to screw around and lose contracts all the time. If the Sacramento office was the entirety of the company, they would have closed down years ago.
Pros
I was going to say direct deposit, but they lost my sheet with my sensitive bank info so I got paper checks the whole time.
Contras
Literally everything. Terrible experience.
Cultura laboral
typical workday clock in at 7:45 to begin at 8, paperwork, work vehicle check, I learned a lot about accepting and releasing fleet delivered, proper patrolling techniques
Pros
free snacks, juices, coffee
Contras
my immediate supervisor was VERY UNFAIR and played favorites, He only provided advance training or promoted those he favored
Cultura laboral
My manager who I had was a liar. She made accusations about my performance, and she even wrote me up due to a supposed complaint, She refused to let me see the complain lodged against me, when I went to speak to the person who supposed to have lodged the complaint because I wanted to apologize for what ever I did wrong, she stated she never lodged a complaint against me. I had to take it into my own hands and found out she was lying about me. I was told I could come back if I chose to due to the fact I worked out my 2 week notice. I decided a year later I wanted to come back, was set up for an interview, just to be told there were no positions available. I was a good hard working employee who always was there no matter how much they needed me. Now to be told there are no positions is a lie.
Cultura laboral
I have very fortunate to be on a contract that pays well. However the payrate will never change or increase sad to work 5 years and be told how great you are but never get a raise, bonus or additional PTO days.
Pros
Payrate
Contras
Management and the lack of raises
Cultura laboral
I like that you can get paid part of your paycheck before payday if you want by using the Daily Pay option that they have. Great work atmosphere and benefits options.
Cultura laboral
the job is usually not difficult; exceptions being that you will have to deal with a lot of drunkards and panhandlers. you are given a gun that you are not allowed to use “unless being actively shot at.” people will think you’re either a cop or a tour guide. there is little opportunity for advancement within this company; it is not a career oriented job.
Cultura laboral
There is no long jevity. Nobody knows each other like they used to ,used to have people that backed up their employees to The Chronic complainers amongst the clientele. The starting pay rates overall average is the same as it was over 20 years ago
Pros
Stepping stone into retirement or into a new career field
Contras
High turnover rate, not career-oriented, just a job with very few basic benefits
Cultura laboral
Decent place to work, good for a starter job into Law Enforcement. Good to obtain your General and then to find somewhere else to work. Little to no advancement.