logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S en Miami, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 41 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Simple job that doesn’t require you to do much

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I worked as a customs protection officer at G4S for 2 years. Job responsibility and pay will shift depending on the post you’re assigned, but mostly the guards are there to “observe and report”. You won’t be doing much except maybe walking around a particular property. I wouldn’t recommend it as a long term position as there’s is no learning involved and very little growth opportunities.

Pros

Training was paid for by employer

No growth opportunity
Cultura laboral

Company is greatly mismanaged, Communication within The company is amongst the poorest in the nation.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at G4S is All work and maybe your vacation dates will be respected no matter how long ago the request.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at G4S does not match the level of work done by guards.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at G4S, I think thats a pigment of ones imagination.ManagementIn general, managers at G4S lose contracts themselves with clients due to simple lack of communication.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at G4S is nonexistent.OverallMy experience working at G4S was a nightmare no man, woman or animal should subject themselves too.

Dead end job

There are no opportunities for advancement. And a lot will depend on your post. I worked the Publix post and here are the pros: -Plenty of overtime available. -Bike/Outdoors uniform is pretty cool and comfortable. -You get to meet and socialize with plenty of people.Cons-No advancement opportunities. You can’t make a career out of this. -Standard regular uniform and cowboy hat are goofy and silly- looking. -Standard company- issued firearm is .38 Revolver, which is very outdated. -No brainwork involved. A lot of 'doing- nothing'. I felt like a loser. -No authority to do anything. I felt very useless. -You get in trouble easily for simply doing things out of good faith. -Management shows no appreciation. -Management always sides with client even when client is wrong.

Awsome

The pay rate is extremely good and they are very professional I love my job and you feel wanted only issue is they have a thing with facial hair so you have to be clean shaven and also the benefit are not the best but are pretty good other than that great company and I see myself advancing in the future my goal is to hopefully become a captain or work in HQ

Management not organized

Was told I'll be working full time in a certain area. When it was time to work, my hours fluctuated from 16-28 hours a week. My schedule was not consistent. One day it's the morning, the next it's evening. Never know when i will work so I'm guessing on how to schedule appointments. Manager scheduled training twice early morning and cancelled both times. Not organized.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Opportunity for a lot of overtime

G4S is a good place to work if you do not care about a social life and are just trying to get money. Although, you are not earning a lot of money per hour but you can work many hours to make up for it. Captains do not really care about you so you are really on your own.

Managment

At first glance you would assume this is a good job, but it's a mess. Management doesn't care about you, only numbers and money. Some Supervisors are HORRIBLE and disrespectful to say the least, and management don't care. Will not advance here unless you suck up to management. Don't work here.

Pros

Good dental and vision

Managment

Security

I observe who goes in and out of the residence Working for more than a year you have the opportunity to teach new colleagues. Sometimes, if you work there long enough there's a certain type of communication that colleagues and even the people who live where I work. Tough part is you have to be always vigilant because a minor mistake and the people who live there will make a hassle that it could be a risk of getting fired even if it isn't a big deal

Pros

eat lunch while work, holiday tips, really relaxing

different shift, overtime

Bad company to work for

This company should not even be considered as an acceptable employment. There are a dozen companies to work for that pay better and do not hassle their employees like g4s does
Cultura laboral

Micro management and stress to no end

Leadership lacks initiative and motivation. Employees are rarely recognized for a job well done. Posts are micro managed and chain of command looks for any small flaw in order to crucify you. Miami office is overall incompetent with even the simplest tasks. Very callous and not understanding of work life balance They expect you to always put the job first, regardless of any responsibilities you have outside the workplace. An overall stressful job that only people with no choice would work.

Work

Good company. Pay should be increase. Able to transfer if you want to move out of sate. Manage was OK to work with most of the time. Meet lots of interesting people.

Pros

Stability

No enough pay

Great Culture!

Loved the people I worked for as well as managers and roving Supervisors and various work locations! This is a great place to work for as long as you are professional and respect and follow G4S policies that are put in place for your safety and others!

Cannot think of any!

Good starting job

This job is a good starting job for anyone looking to go into law enforcement. Like any job, they have their pro and cons. The pros for this company is they place you on a job site based on where you live. I had the pleasure to work at some good posts this company had but to lose them to other companies. The cons are the management is horrible in my post we have are patrol units with balled tires and the company doesn't take them to the dealer to change the oil or tire rotation. Another problem is problematic officers regardless you complain about the inappropriate behavior they are not issued disciplinary actions or written up. It's a good job but I would suggest not sticking around the longer you are in the company they seem to get rid of you for a little incident.

Pros

depening on post, vacation check after 5 years

management, co workers

G4s is a very team oriented work place

Our work days consist of briefing of our daily procedures and operations. The shift supervisors and management prepare the employees with all equipment and information needed to perform their job at a high level. the hardest task of the job is implementing new procedures that may very daily to protect the safety of the job site.The most enjoyable part of job is completing and executing your job securely.

Pros

3 weeks paid vacation

short breaks

This is my opinion

By on time and you must looking good before start working. Make sure you have all your tools before started. Briefing for each job description. Good relations with your coowerkers Understand the costumers Meet to many peoples

Best security company

Pay is good but low considering that I have a Bachelors Degree in the field. Captain aka supervisor at my post is very rude, and creates last minute schedules which leaves little to no flexibility. They expect you to be available 24/7 to cover call outs etc. This is a job for those that have no serious obligations such as school or kids.

Pros

Pay

rude supervisors, militaristic style

Consistent Work

G4s secure solutions is a great security company to work for. You will always have a post to work on the pay scale differs but there are many great opportunities for a good pay.

Great pay

they company is a good company when it comes to the benefits, pay s, but they need better management, some of the post are okay and some or the opposite . they start you off 10 dollars but you get raises

Pros

good benefits, and pays

bad supervisors and majors
Cultura laboral

Very good environment, great benefits, very professional.

This company is very professional, they take value and pride in their work. they are very strict when it comes to be on time, which i think is awesome, they always kept me on full time. the training its clear and to the point.

Pros

Medical insurance offered to the employees, flexible schedule, and supervisors are always there for his o her employees.

No Comment

I have nothing good to said about this company. I was treated wrong and was force to signed a document to resigned. I don't agree with the management.

Personal Motives Matter

This company can be very difficult to be employed with depending on your life situation and expectations. If you're single with no kids or family responsibilities and not enrolled in school then this company can work for you. This is not a company you want to work for if you go to school or have a family. I am telling you this as someone who worked for G4S in the Miami area. There is no typical day of work. You get your work schedule every Sunday evening with a warning that your schedule is subject to change and trust that it will change very often especially at the last minute. A lot of schedules are double-booked leading to you or the other person being sent to another location or home. Most likely another location. Yes, the company is always short-staffed especially if you are assigned to the Publix contract. This company has an extremely high turnover rate which is great if you're looking to pile on hours. I would work anywhere between 32 hours to as much as 90 hours per week. Most jobs require you to stand or sit for long hours with one 30 minute or two 15 minute breaks. The company offers lots of training. You are required to do the 40 hour training for the security D license upon hire whether you have the license already or not. If you're doing armed security then you will have to take the G license course. The G license course is held at one of two locations, in Miami Dade at Tamiami or at Pembroke Range in Hallandale Beach. You go to whichever range the instructor works out of. The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep schedule. Your phone will -

Pros

High pay for security, 401K, 1 week vacation pay, Health insurance offered, 40 hours guaranteed

Contras

High turnover rate, mismanagement of schedules, lot of callouts
  • Empresas