logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S en Colorado Springs, CO

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 7 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good entry level security job

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
G4S is a good company for someone with little to moderate experience to advance in the security industry. You will not get the industry best training however you will receive adequate training and experience to continue in the field.

Pros

Good place to start in security

Contras

Can be long hours and not always the best pay

Bad company

I had to leave the company in Colorado Springs to relocate to go back home and I returned all my gear to the office and a lady was there and started yelling at me and cussing at me and treating me like I was back in the military. Very rude and disrespectful people and bad customer service skills.

It's a job

I was only with them for six months, alot of different attitudes depending on which contract you work, way too many chiefs. I was promised in a verbal pre-employment agreement on certain things and when it came to pass, everyone had memory loss. My equipment didn't fit me and no one seemed to care. Alot of long hours to poor pay. It's a good starter job but not a place to stay long as a guard. Your previous experience and education doesn't matter, you all get the same. Lots of back stabbing on no help from the main office, they are disconnected and well paid.

Pros

Its a job

Management and Pay
Cultura laboral

Looks great at first, Don't be fooled.

The hours they force you to work are ridiculous. I didn't mind working overtime (and originally I welcomed it), but the schedule is unbelievably inconsistent. They will expect you work work a 16 hour shift one day, get off at some late hour, then be up for first shift the next morning, work another 12 hours, then show up that night for a 12 hour 3rd shift. Bottom line, don't EVER expect time off. I understand that some people want the overtime, but I can assure you that with the pay rates at most sites, you will be bumped into the next tax bracket and you will lose ALL of your overtime to taxes, making it not worth it whatsoever. You'll gross $2,000 and only take home $1500. I worked flex (meaning you work all the sites, and lots of overtime) for about 6 weeks, and finally they burned me out. I asked to be taken off of flex, and they agreed. Then they slowly starting asking me for favors helping out at other sites, and now I am basically a full blown flex again against my will. You may think it is worth the pay, but I can assure you it is not.

No time to yourself
Cultura laboral

Incompetency at its highest level

The management in this company, is similar to most security firms. They are disconnected from entry level employees, with regard to functional and solid leadership. Additionally, as with most contracted security jobs, it is a "one size fits all" mentality. An example is the hiring process where a prospective employee can have a GED or Bachelor's degree plus extensive law enforcement/military/corrections experience, only to be paid the minimum salary, same as the employee with GED and little or no previous experience. This, along with unpredictable scheduling, obsolete and ineffective training, unprofessional management, and basic disregard for its employees, I would not recommend g4s as a company or the job to anyone I considered a friend.

Pros

I saw the opportunity to leave (and took it).

Incompetent, Unprofessional, Lackadaisical management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Run Away As Fast As You Can !!!

If you want to be constantly used, abused, lied to, falsely promised, and generally treated like dirt, then go ahead and work for G4S.

Cultura laboral

Filling out reports, walking, access control

You will walk for medium distances, meet lots of people, and generally have an easy time of it.

Pros

good ex-military coworkers.

favoritsm