G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Custom Protection Officer en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 788 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.190 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Decent Job, challenging at times with different clients and VIPS on site. Overall good team
Pros
Decent Pay Rate
Healthcare, dental care
Cultura laboral
I worked in security for quite awhile. I was given an opportunity to work for G4S. It paid very well. I appreciate the contracts I worked. Easy job, plenty of hours. Open communication with managers.
Pros
Hourly rate, training, management
Contras
Long hours, travel to site
Cultura laboral
I am thankful for my job, especially during the pandemic but there are A LOT things that needs to be changed within this organization. Pay is extremely low for the amount of work they expect you to perform at your assigned site. Benefits suck as well. No room for advancement, no raises, NOTHING. If you have a degree or college credits, that means nothing. This company also shows no employee appreciation whatsoever. There have been other companies who have employed people throughout the pandemic. Those employees received bonuses/hazard pay. G4S gave us NOTHING! Since the beginning of the pandemic, entering my workplace every day is a RISK! G4S does not care. Also, no personal leave/sick leave, not even for those who have been employed with the company for years. That is all...
Pros
Chance to meet some decent people
Contras
Pay, benefits, Pay, no personal leave/sick leave, little to no time for vacation
Cultura laboral
I worked as a customs protection officer at G4S for 2 years. Job responsibility and pay will shift depending on the post you’re assigned, but mostly the guards are there to “observe and report”. You won’t be doing much except maybe walking around a particular property. I wouldn’t recommend it as a long term position as there’s is no learning involved and very little growth opportunities.
Pros
Training was paid for by employer
No growth opportunity
Cultura laboral
I was thrown into what was described to me as a “hostile” environment with little training outside of my prior knowledge. They love to hire ex military so if that’s you then here you go. Throughout the pandemic I was provided one mask, I had to get my own or take from the clients supplies. I was promoted because I was there longer than anyone else and that was only a few months.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
I'm a CPO at G4S and my experience has been a fair one. However the experience can be a bad one as well. The management team seems like they're incompetent. When you need to call them for any reason they will not answer or call you back. When I'm placed on an assignment I'm on my own as well. If a emergency arises I'm on my own. I get along well with my district manager However, he let's me down also. But I made great money working the overtime. In the 5 years I have been with g4s i average over 50 thousand dollars per year.
Pros
A chance to make great money!
Contras
Bad management, your rate of pay fluctuate, and no advancement.
Cultura laboral
Working for G4s was actually very fun and I loved the people that I worked with. The benefits suck and are very expensive but the job itself was good.
Cultura laboral
The scheduling was very unstable, no room for growth if you didn't have a college degree, so made people not care for the job for long. Force to work more hours than expected due to call off or quitters. It was hard balancing the social life cause I was always at work. Literally.
Pros
overtime
Contras
no benefits, long shifts, no room for growth.
Cultura laboral
In terms of working stateside and not working on a government contract, it’s hard to find any company that pays as well as G4S. There’s always work for you too.
Cultura laboral
Some management is better than others just gotta be under the right one. Turnover rate is high but if you have a vehicle and can do flex it's a pretty decent job if you qualify to be a customs protection officer. Reasonable pay if you have that position. Work life balance will depend on your ability to manage your time properly between shifts. Best advice is to keep good communication with your management. The only complaint I have is that the health insurance even the best most expensive one they offer isn't very good.
Pros
Decent pay
Health insurance is lacking
Cultura laboral
G4S is a great company that really takes care of you. They have flexible schedules, and allow for necessary time off. The management is great and great to work with
Cultura laboral
I worked out of the Boca Raton office for a little over a year. I loved it at first. Then I got a new area manager (former cop that thought he was still a cop). He was a complete pita. Then we got a new general manager (an even bigger pita). Both of them made my work life with that company unbearable. My old area manager was in the process of making me a supervisor at my site but this new area manager gave my schedule to a new employee which cut my hours and then he removed me from that site. I left the company and have been so much happier ever since.
Upper management
Cultura laboral
G4S is a good company to work for as a security officer. They offer stable hours plus overtime and decent benefits such as health insurance/ Blue Cross Blue Shield, 401k, vacation time, good training and a host of other good benefits. Management is highly supportive and will work the best they can with you. There are also many different sites to work at armed and unarmed with many opportunities for promotion/ advancement.
Pros
Full time hours plus OT, benefits, flexible schedule
Contras
Like with all security companies pay varies according to the site you are working at.
Cultura laboral
I got the professional security experience from the G4S company and very nice staff and seniors who provides me the great opportunity and also took my physical test and
Pros
Yes free lunches by the company's owner
Contras
Also provide the special leaves
Cultura laboral
Your job is just a plaything for the management to toy with. Especially over here in DE. I’ve never been in a position where your management make you feel bad for working your actual schedule. Here it’s bad if you don’t kill yourself with overtime when they should just hire more people. But hey what do I know
Contras
Everything ( not exaggerating)
Cultura laboral
G4S like any typical Security company are changing hands, Try something that will offer benefits and a pension plan. Hospital Security has a high turnover rate due to the poor equipment, Micromanaging, and ill treatment to those who they want to pick on and harass through the day. Upper management is unsupportive and condones abuse so there is no support group to make complaints to matter that will be of any useful documentation that would make a difference because it’s a buddy system and also a good ol boy environment.
Pros
Easy to get hired
No pension plan
Cultura laboral
Easy enough work. I was stationed at gated communities. Most of the time shifts were handled poorly and I had to work three different shifts in one week. Most of the time they didn't give consecutive days off. I mostly got Tuesdays and Thursdays off.Pay is horrible for the posts that were available in my area.
Pros
Easy work
No breaks and low pay
Cultura laboral
I am a former CPO with G4S. I worked in two states with G4S and have learned so much from my coworkers. The first year I had to work on sites that were not the best, my shifts were days nights evenings. After a year I was promoted and worked the day shift only and my assignments were great. I would highly recommend G4S to my friends.
Pros
Overtime and professionalism.
Contras
Longer hours that were not planned at times.
Cultura laboral
If you are offered a job with G4S at the Phillip Morris MC, you can come in either as a CPO ($15/hr) or a TSO (I think they get $13). CPOs are required to have prior military, law enforcement, or corrections experience. Frankly the prior military and LEO's tend to be the most reliable folks on the team. While the work is not very challenging, not all posts have an equal workload. (If you like to stay busy, volunteer for interior patrol or F Gate). After a couple of years on site I can say that management does try to be fair to all officers, but often falls short in that area. Better positions are offered to certain officers without being openly posted. Others call out from work on a regular basis, putting their fellow officers and supervisors in a bind but not being held accountable. Dissent and honest grievances are rewarded with a transfer off the account. The upside is that you can usually get overtime, especially if you are willing to come in at short notice for double shifts or on your days off.
Pros
Good pay for the area. Overtime usually available.
Contras
Some posts do a lot more work for the same money.
Cultura laboral
I dont want to give to much information out on a personal level but there is information that i think people should know before applying. Everyones situation or work experiences will be different. Should it be different? No. Based on the positions? Yes. I was hired in as 1 thing, but then after a couple years i was called in to the office and my title changed to another thing. Why? Because although my backround was verifiable, i needed a certificate to support that information. The managers base decisions off emotion, not reason or logic. This can be good and bad. They only appear to act professional when it comes down to telling you what to do. The benefits are expensive and are not that great. There is no 401k nor do they match. The opportunity for growth isnt worth the chase because there are no decent benefits to sustain that chase. This job is a stepping stone to a better career or perhaps a better career with a different security company. This job isnt meant for longevity and those that are on the job for many years are nearing retirement or are retired from a different job. The pay is decent depending on your backround but if your prior military you have a better opportunity elsewhere. The highest rank in G4S as a gaurd is a CPO...any qualifications and titles that are needed to become that is better utilized elsewhere. Meaning if your a prior police officer, find a different security company that will pay you more...military i would say the same. They accept correctional officers as well and i believe that is more in line with the duties of working for G4S. Everyone - más...
Pros
Okay pay
Indecisive clients.
Cultura laboral
The training at G4S. The professional uniforms. Company handgun and web gear. Opportunities with advanced training Which includes transferring to other units or special operation departments Advance financial opportunities from the daily pay.
Pros
G4S always pays on time and give you the right compensation with your experience
None So far