G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Area Supervisor en G4S

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 48 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
G4S is a good company to work for. They care about their employees. Rapid advancement opportunities and it's a global company. Transfers are easy if you're looking to transfer.
Cultura laboral
I worked for G4S while living in the United Kingdom and the whole experience was positive. When I returned to the US I worked for G4S in Florida, again a good experience. On relocating to Texas after losing everything during a hurricane I was treated well by G4S during the whole process of the relocation. On arrival in San Antonio that's where it all changed although, initially I was treated OK but after about 6 months the Management in San Antonio didn't care about the person, it was all about getting people to the properties no matter what. Terrible operation in San Antonio. I left after almost 8 yrs total with the company, overall the company is good to work for but, wouldn't recommend working for them in Texas.
Pros
Nationally and Internationally good company
Contras
Texas Management ( San Antonio)
Cultura laboral
I was retaliated against after I filed a complaint with the regional manager about my immediate supervisor and he mishandled my grievances and eventually I was forced out of my position and my job. The Little Rock office is the worst to work for.
Cultura laboral
Most of the jobs are 24/7 on call. Depending on where your working, you will be struggling to get full time hours if your not willing to work multiple sites and schedules. Every one is tied to their phones just to get hours. Management is even worse. You constantly will be tied to your phone as a supervisor or higher. They will do everything they can to pay you as little as possible.
Pros
Limited experience
Poor pay and schedule.
Cultura laboral
This company seemed organized a d was on the high level of pay for the private sector. I also liked that they had a system in place that used your experience to determine what level of work you are capable of doing which also increases your pay level.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
It depends what account you are on, but for the most part it is very nice working for them. Of course you can always get a bad apple (or two) but it is not bad.
Cultura laboral
Was able to advance quickly, had great flexibility in my work schedule. Professional work assignments. Never a shortage of work. Was able to utilize skills from most of the various jobs I had held prior to security.
Cultura laboral
Schedules for 600 Officers assigned 40 plus locations Payroll for about 6000 hours a week Working with local Agency's . Enjoyed being a trainer of new Officers
Pros
Job Security, Large Company
Calls during all ours of the night.. 24/7
Cultura laboral
Working for G4S as a supervisor granted me the opportunity to work with superior guards in a professional environment. The management work closely with the guards to ensure the job is preformed in a professional manner.
Pros
Professional co workers
Health benefits
Cultura laboral
Overall, I believe G4S is one of the best company's of it's type in the U.S. The local office has experienced some major changes in the last 12 months, which causes it to not be quite what it could be, yet.
Pros
There is always something new to learn
Contras
Expected to work, full time, even when on vacation if you are salaried
Cultura laboral
I work on my job but it seems that the supervisors hold back information that could help me move forward in this company. I've been a supervisor for numerous years but I wouldn't promote it because some of the things they do aren't right. They teach on ethics but are not following their own rules. The officers make a little of nothing on their sites and with what they do some of them only make enough to buy groceries but not to pay bills.
Pros
I off most weekends
Contras
They judge where you work according to the way you look or your size and that is so unfair.
Cultura laboral
I worked at G4S fro six (6) years and enjoyed most of them. Because of my military background I moved up through the ranks quickly and was given opportunities to grow learn and advance my security career. Really enjoyed working for the company despite being short-staffed and overworked most of the time.
Pros
Advancement and learning opportunities.
Contras
Excessively long work hours and poor management of branch office.
Cultura laboral
While working at G4s I learned to master great report writing skills, I also learned to be a leader and to take charge and delegate. I learned how to manage my time wisely and meet deadlines prior to.
Cultura laboral
It is a good company to work for. In bigger cities will have more opportunity for advancement and career progression. In a smaller cities, lack of clients will limit the availability for advancement.
Cultura laboral
There were certain individuals that were very poor managers. A terrible place to work. The individuals running the Chicago office are poorly trained and totally inempt
don't work here
Cultura laboral
They offered ideal duty locations. They provided uniforms, and necessary security accessories and required annual training. Some locations were very interesting.
Pros
Good work environment
Cultura laboral
Once you know your job description the work day is good.Management is good.Diverse cultures.Getting officers to represent the company.Meeting with the clients and making sure that all concerns were corrected and the contract was extended.
Pros
Promote within.
Lunch to short.
Cultura laboral
Great Company, I enjoyed my time there. Great life and work environment. Able to make decisions and participate in management . I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Good Pay
Advancement
Cultura laboral
I was set up from the beginning it was no help I would not recommend G4S to anyone they hire me on under false pretenses they like structure and only a couple of people know how to do their job because no one is really training anyone you just hit the ground running I felt like I was set up and to everything die down
Pros
If you already work there before you get a break
Contras
If you are just starting off you mess up once they let you go
Cultura laboral
Review schedules, overtime numbers, staffing & client needs learned new facets admin duties hardest part/ schedule & expectations constantly changing
Pros
Fellow employees, benefits package, continuing education programs
Contras
Salary, long hours, constantly on Call
Cultura laboral
G4s is a great job with a lot of resources but There is no room to advance in the company. Due to the excessive amount of work that is assigned, the pay can be alot more.