logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Winston-Salem, NC

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 35 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.389 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Gotta be able to work any shift

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
If you never did security before be prepared to have to stay past your shift if your relief calls off. Pay is good for security. You can move up from with in the company. Be prepared to meet uniform requirments. no beards allowed. Also if a post thats scheduled 24/7 and theres only 3 officers signed off on that post then you will work 7 days a week or work a 12 hr shift in order to get a day off. I like some over time and i have worked significant overtime over the last 16.5 years. Its how i got ahead on life, making an extra 20k+ a year in over time every year for just about the whole 16.5 yrs ive been here. Benefits are not great but not bad. Vacation request can be denied if theres not enough officers to cover your post.

Pros

Double time on holidays, and overtime available

Contras

Schedule can change on a whim to meet post coverage due to call offs

Career Nightmare

This us the worst job I've ever had in my life. Warning don't work here! So many cons not enough pros. The management is inconsistent and lies. No professionals

Pros

I have a job

Not the best company

Management and higher ups constantly do everything but show care for employees. Constantly understaffed and refuse to work with current employees around that for vacation requests. In my three years here, I've had to argue tooth and nail to get vacation approved. Always hiring new people making more than current with no experience. Don't promote within because they can't maintain the staffing to do so.

Pros

Slight freedom

Contras

healthcare, management, pay, understaffed, hard to get vacation
Cultura laboral

Great company, management didn't communicate

So G4S is an awesome company as far as reputation and history as well as online training available. However, management lacked here. It seemed like management was always changing and none of them wanted to communicate with each other. Wish led to a lot of miscommunication. As for training, whatever you have, forget it. I was advised none of my certifications from state would be held and none of it helped to advance. The turnover rate was high and i truly fewl like it was because of management and the increase of people stabbing one another in the back. Now as for people in other locations, they had awesome experiences with G4S but the branch i worked for just didn't seem to appreciate those that worked for them nor help their team. Now should the opportunity arise to work for another branch then I'll do it but not the branch i worked for last. That is a no-go.

Just don’t.

The other staff and clients staff was amazing. G4S supervisors where hampered by micro management of the contract management. Both the assist manager and lead manager never knew what the other was doing.

Pros

The other officers and supervisors

The management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Stability

Overall it's a good company, very professional. They take care of the clients needs. As with all Security companies, Staffing sometimes falls short. There are several accounts so relocating within the company is possible.
Cultura laboral

This company is at times stressful

The best part if the job is being a rover and being able to move around the building. Sitting at the desk can be hard since I work 3rd shift but walking around the desk can help.

Pros

Pay

People
Cultura laboral

Benefits suck and so does the schedule.

Pay is decent but the rotating schedule every week where you end up working all 3 shifts sucks. Management not willing to adjust for the better of the employees. Only concern is the client goals.

Pros

Pay

Schedule
Cultura laboral

A good work place and friendships can blossom.

A Business environment where strict guidelines are to be utilized on a daily basis but many good friendships are had while on duty and even some nice co-workers will help to answer questions and help to mentor you so you can succeed at being a Security Officer.

Management is horrible

You could go to work everyday, never call out, always go in when they ask and make one mistake and they try to get you to go somewhere else and when the schedule doesn’t work for you they just wait until you just fade away and don’t work with you , they make the supervisors the middle man, they don’t care for you or what you have going on. Apparently no one is suppose to have a life working there. THEY LIE TO YOU IN YOUR INTERVIEW, ITS ALWAYS DIFFERNT WITH EVERYONE. The employees that’s been there forever will tell you how management is when you first get their so you can know what to expect. Management also lacks common sense. If they put new management in place G4S would most definitely be better and won’t have such a big turnover rate. But the management they have now don’t know what they’re doing and if you say something to them they will hold it against you

Pros

Employees were like family

Contras

Management, lunches, lack of support

Bad management

Lack of communication in upper management. No organization with shift schedule. Only two sick days a year and quick to get a write up.if your relief calks out, you are stuck working a double and can not leave post or you are terminated. Major pay inequality across the board.

Pros

Will hire anyone

Bad management

would not go back

in my experience it was the worst ob i have ever had. Management at the time was awful and the overtime was murder. i worked 16hr shifts with only an 8 hr turn around. it was no time to get home, eat, and try to sleep before i did it all over again. management would not give us help

Pros

experiance

Contras

long work hrs and awful management

Relaxed laid back environment

Relaxed day at work. Access Control is what I learned Management was fair but communication needs improvement doing all three shifts is hard enjoy breaks

Pros

working by myself with little supervison

Contras

high cost of health care. Little to no career advancement.
Cultura laboral

Stay away from this company!

Only want your body there; keep your mouth shut; management and supervisors are only impressed with titles not the people no matter how long you've been an employee; they run off faithful and loyal staff and suck up to slackers
Cultura laboral

Monitored doors and gate at RJR making sure peolpe who enter have proper access

Management sucks. They treat you like you are are in the army and show favoritism to friends. People of friends get the Jobs. I was hired for CPO and worked my post. Was never given CPO uniforms and got the pay but never worked at the gate like I was supposed too. Management tells you one thing and does another. Only thing that made it great was the people i worked with. Client can have a say in you employment which I think is Wrong. Never given a raise or appreciated for what we do as security guards.
Cultura laboral

Jobs positions are as good as any other company.management is horrible

Well working for G4s it was ok in some aspects . Pay was not the best but my co-workers were great. Then came a change in my schedule where i went from day time regular hours to working all 3 shifts and every weekend. Employees in the winston salem NC area are suppose to have one weekend per month off, however this is not true for everyone. I regularly had schedule changes without notice of other then an email sent to my work email that could only be checked if i was at work. Those changes were often dailey. At times with a six hour turn around which is against policy btw. It was normal to work 3 or more weeks without a day off. Management does not communicate well and is very unorganized. It was common to have 10 or more schedule changes in one week for me and when i refused to work on a day i was scheduled to be off after working over a month straight, i was forced to resign. I can not stress enough how bad the work to home balance is with this company, in this area. If your left alone on a post its not so bad favoritism is the norm in the supervisor culture and advancement happens only from people getting burned out,resigning or being back stabbed until terminated. Work Morale is very poor.

Pros

Avrage low pay vs cost of living

Management, communication, work /home ballance

Poor

Turned out to be one of the worse security companies in the area. I have nothing good to say about this company basically due to very poor management.

Horrible place to work

This place and it's supervisors are a joke. They hire you for one job and don't even let you work it. You can have no family time because your schedule will be all over a place and you know it only a week in advance so you can't live your life. One supervisor in particular is rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Easy job, people you work with

Management, schedule, disorganized, favoritism

Custom Protection Officer

The company itself seems ok. But unless you want to work for someone who will favoritize or try to get rid of you by whatever means they deem necessary, as so that they can bring in someone else that they know or like better, then i would say pass this company up. Also i spent almost 3 years there and never once got an offer to move up or a pay increase.

Pros

some what secure job

everything else

Could be better

No common sense in the management. No way to move up in the company. Lots of favoritism. We are supposed to be making $13.50/hr, nowhere near that. Need a better job
Cultura laboral

The job wasn't hard, just VERY unpredictable.

This is the first security company I've worked for. So, I can't really say if it's better or worse than others. I did observe that management seemed to be very vindictive and I observed a lot of backstabbing just to get ahead. But, like anything else, that will catch up with them.

Pros

Always 40+ plus hours due to someone not showing up for work.

Contras

Finding workers with a good work ethic.
  • Empresas