logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Willowbrook, IL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 27 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Not a bad gig

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
My experience wasn't bad. I always could depend on this company for a great paying salary. I had military and criminal justice degree so that's what helped. The post were good and didn't have a problem getting time off.

Great Experience

Decent employer until you find a path of your own the hours are long and chill but also busy at times. There is plenty opportunities for overtime. 401K options!!!

Pros

Employment

Demanding Schedule

Good company

I loved working for g4s good to there employees and decent benefits. There training programs were great for everyone. They promoted from within as well.

G4S is okay

It all depends on what account you are placed at. Each account is different. Some well paying, many are not. Hours vary greatly. You might have great hours, or you might have the worst work schedule imaginable. Sometimes, you might work doubles at the last minute. They try to keep you and retain you. Their insurance was HMO, which was horrible. Their 401K isn’t matched. . If you get placed at a nice account, the job is awesome. If the account is bad. The job will suck.

Be Flexible

G4S was a very good company to work for especially for gaining experience. The company is a very outgoing company and there are a lot of opportunities.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Once trained you are working mostly by yourself.

You mostly have clear orders. It is doing the same tasks hour after hour. Working in a safe environment with friendly people. The hardest part of the job is sitting sometimes not doing anything.

Needs better management

Coworkers were good to work with. It was a good place to start in security. They helped get all certifications I needed. On site management needs to get on the ballot when complaints are made and actually take them seriously.

G4/s paid on time!

My overall experience was good. No growth opportunities. 1 pay increase in 10years. Initially G4/S was great about Background checks, most of my Colleagues were prior military So They were discipline and Understood procedure.especially Those who had more time under there Belt. My 10 years paid the bills.

G4S Review

G4S is a great place to work for getting into the security profession. This company provides great training and a lot of opportunities. Also, it is a great stepping stone to further one's career in security and investigations.

Pros

Job Stability, Higher Pay Than Average, Excellent Training and Support

a good place to work.

The only issues I have is the medical benefits they give you are very poor. They make you have to travel a long distance for health care which they base your benefits on where you live if you get HMO or PPO. Not happy at all about that I think you should be able to get which ever one you prefer pertaining to your Doctors that you have not make you see the Doctor's they want to pay for.

Pros

overtime if you want to work more hours.

Health care
Cultura laboral

Job security and multiple locations

One thing I love about G4S is the fact the company is one of the biggest security companies in the world. This makes it easier for people who want to move out of state and even out of the country to find a new job, if they wish to continue working in the security field. Talk to your area supervisor if you plan to move in the future, they can accommodate and refer you to sites where you plan to relocate. A typical day is checking in contractors and other visitors. You keep an eye on the cameras and answer any phone calls regarding alarms and other issues, which is very minimal. At my current site, communication between employees and site supervisor is minimal, which can be difficult when an employee needs to take off a day. A few months before I am writing this review, this was not the case. I also feel like there is minimal advancement in the workplace, especially if your current site has a lack of officers who are trained properly. I do not believe that should be another employee's issue. Overall, I do enjoy the benefits. My health insurance is very inexpensive, but it's very limited and I get a discounted gym membership. I rarely feel like I have to work extra days as well. All the officers I work with are friendly.

Pros

Lots of down time, paid breaks and lunch, availability to relocate

Contras

Management is not very responsive and communication is minimal

Security

A typical day on the job was to inspect cargo and monitor who arrived and left the business area. It's slow-pace environment which is great if that's what you're looking for. Coworkers were nice to work with.

flexible

Flexible hours, great coworkers, easy to work with each other, good training, bit of a drive from home, have to remember that you have to be on your toes and stand ground at all times

Hours

You can always gain hours if your a flex officer. If your young without any serious responsibilities this is a great job to have. There is always a chance to have more of steady job in the company.

Great Company

G4S is a great and exciting company to work for, with highly skilled staff and project to experience. If your interested in working with a diverse and highly competitive company, G4S I a great opportunity to try your best.

Industry Leader

Spent over 10 Years - Learned everything about contract security Free Uniforms, Multiple Managers,College Benefits, Direct deposit, City of Chicago and Suburb locations

wonderful fortune 500 company to work for in private security industry

One of the biggest security company in the world!! G4S is in 52 states, so there is plenty of room for advancing and relocation. They provide every officer with uniform and weapon at no cost.

Pros

Major company with competitive pay

Poor management

Great Company

Management there is absolutely wonderful. From time to time someone will bring in donuts in the morning. Most of the time, you sit at the front desk and greet the employees and check their identification so insure safety, and that is most important part of my job making sure the facility is safe and secured at all times.

Pros

great communication and nice people to work for.

Contras

Not much to do in spare time, and not really flexible with your schedule.

N/a

i was employed and i worked. No advancement. No raises. bad managers. That's all for this company. No i will not refer anyone to them. Not at all by the near future.

short time

can't give much. I was RIF'd 5 months in as Q2 numbers were so poor headcount was reduced. Workplace was friendly and professional; good people all around.

Fine

Security companies don't have a great reputation and with good reason. G4S is like many, but they have good accounts if you have the right experience. However this also means it can be hard for them to fill spots when they need new people, so you might work extra hours while understaffed. Management is good, in my experience, but there is little to no room for advancement if you aren't on the very bottom. Since I have a good site, a promotion would actually lead to a decreased wage. The major complaint is that if you work OT in a Holiday weak, they won't give you both premiums.
  • Empresas