logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en West Palm Beach, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 25 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Established company and good benefits

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Good pay for the area, excellent bennifits, uniforms are dated but a lot of companies are that way. For the most part good company and no fear of it disappearing over night

Pros

Benifits are some of the best

Work and life ballance

Nice place to work

District managers are helpful and understanding. Most coworkers are very professional. Just like any other company. Advancement depends on the needs of the company.

Productive work environment.

I am appreciative of my work environment and the level of shift flexibility. Paid vacation is a form of motivation. Matching or partial contribution of 401K benefits by the company should be implemented also similar concept for Health Insurance. This will boost staff morale and the desire for job stability.

Pros

Paid vacations

Healthcare, 401K

Terrible place

The people there are terrible! Management and supervisors are terrible at their jobs and have no idea what their doing. You get paid so little but have to do so much. Do NOT waste you’re time here. They’ll keep for a couple of months and get rid of you. Please look else where before working at this terrible waste of time company!
Cultura laboral

Personal experience will depend on site/available schedule and area managers

Happiness in your work will be a mixture of luck and mangers. Low pay and little overall support for sites. Still better then most security companies.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

They're are horrible.

Administration do not Communicate to each other nor to their staffs. They're painted themselves as if they're number one security company in the region but they are not. In fact, their pay is ridiculous. In addition to that, they refuse to give some of their employees regular schedule while begging, even trying to intimidate some of their workers into floating around. I resigned my position there because they wouldn't give me a schedule but wanted me to fill in open shifts for them whenever they needed me too.

Boring Job

Typical day was always being alone and either working the "graveyard" shift or terrible hours supplying guests passes to enter the premises. Learned nothing. Management did what they could do to keep you doing your job. Workplace culture varied on where you were working at that time. Hardest part of the job was doing what you could do to pass the time. Enjoyable part of the job was going home.

Pros

working 8 hrs./day which included being paid a 1/2 hr. lunch time.

no breaks in day
Cultura laboral

relaxed work environment with flexible scheduling.

There is a lack of training for the job. There is also a lack of solid management for the position. The management team is randomly chosen. There is no set promotion schedule or plan to follow.

Pros

relaxed oversite

lack of skilled workers.

Systems Trainer

As the systems trainer I first met with clients to collect their needs. I created reports for the programmers to ensure the clients' needs were met in the program. Once the program was completed, I was reponsible for testing. Once testing was complete, I wrote training manuals for end users. When the training manuals were complete, I trained the employees on the new system both in-house and on-site.

Pros

Exciting, fast paced work

Contras

Extremely long hours and days

The Wackenhut Corporation

Was an international security company that was headquartered in Florida. I was assigned to the Nuclear Division and was assigned at various Nuclear Power Plants Around the nation

Pros

Pay

Relocations
Cultura laboral

Productive and a fun place to work

G4S is the best security company in Florida there salaries are the highest comparing by other companies plus they make u ur D license and they deducted from ur salaries later

Pros

They have many extra hours to work

Healthcare

boring work place

the type of day at work consist of patrolling o foot or by vehicle. making sure everyone is ok. making sure no unusual activities are taking place on the property. I learned that g4s will not pay higher wages for its employees. some mangers lack the skills needed for a supervisor.

Schedule

It's a good company to work for but scheduling needs improvement. you do get to interact with people a lot depending which site you are put to work. overall its good.

Pros

401, health, life insurance benefits. it has them all

scheduling needs improvement
Cultura laboral

Security Officers with military experience don't get paid that much

G4S would be a better job if you didn't have to drive far distances to get to a mandatory class to get your D or G license and psychological evaluation. The pay is also minor especially as a military/law enforcement/corrections veteran.

Pros

Good benefits

Work weird hours

No life outside of work

This started off as a great job. It offered overtime opportunities and great training. However I received a new site supervisor who began to take all of the overtime for himself. And he would schedule all of you hours for overnight 12 hour shifts. G4S is great for experience. But get the experience and GO! This is no place to stick around to be abused and constantly ignored by management.

Pros

Training, Certifications

Contras

Night shifts, Poor work life balance

N/a

I think the company can work harder to keep their employees longer by offering better benefits and wages.This company lacks better managerial staff and making promises they can not address.

Best place to work

G4S is one of the Security company who Employer know how to treat employee. they teach me us and show us how important we are as an security officer

A job

Management is ok provided you do not take days off. You also have to deal with the type of other people they hire. I worked as a site supervisor for three years and the only employees I've ever had to remove from my site were former correctional officers. They just couldn't grasp the simplest details of the job. In addition, their lack of discipline was horrendous. The company needs to raise their standards and really only hire military veterans or actual law enforcement. People who actually know what they are doing.

Pros

Job Security

Contras

Dealing with other people they hire
Cultura laboral

Ensuring the safety of each employee

My job duties were to observe people, place, or things. To ensure the safety for clients, visitors, staff and employees. To assist in any activity good or bad. Also my job duties were to greet patients and visitors, to connect in some way. At all times be very attentive to my surroundings. Received training in CPR as well as the using of an AED. *Certified*

Good Company Overall

Good company to work for overall. Decent variety of security jobs to choose from. Pay is decent. Management is nice. My only complaint is that at my post, I could never really call off or get sick because there was no one to really cover my post if I did. And there were not enough people trained to help out if someone did call out, so sometimes people got stuck on the post because of that. Unfortunately supervisors and management were no real help there.

Pros

Good pay, decent selection of jobs to choose from

Contras

Can be hard to get a hold of management or supervisors, can be difficult to get time off depending on position

productive and very helpful

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE G4S Custom Protection Officer • Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle • Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards • Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons • Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles • Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits • Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements • Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities • Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
  • Empresas