G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Tuscaloosa, AL

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 11 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.190 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Great job, Pretty laid back, It’s a bunch of opportunities for overtime. It’s not bad. You get very few complaints from your supervisors. Just make sure to take care of your business and you will be ok here now
Pros
Easy work Flexible schedule
Contras
None really for this place
Cultura laboral
● Work-life balanceYou do work every weekend in the beginning if you get that as you shift. You do have a set shift,or at least I did working at the hospital,and I was able to pick up overtime if needed.● Pay & benefitsYou did get vacation and sick time ,I just can't remember what it was... Tuscaloosa is expensive to live in ,the pay could have been a little better.● Job security and advancementAt one point to be a manager you had to have military experience or go to school.● ManagementThey were good hard working people when I worked there.● CultureWhen I say fast paced is when something happens you have to be ready.Other than that ,you will have a great time and enjoy the people you work with.● OverallI enjoyed working at G4S,I just got tired of working every weekend.Not all sites you will work every weekend. Great job to have and and great people to work with.
Cultura laboral
Worked here for over 2 years, nobody gets promoted, nobody gets a raise. Managers are practically useless. And you’re more of a glorified hall monitor
Low Pay, No Raises, Bad Management
Cultura laboral
Raise pay scale to 12.00 hr across the board. to hold employees. This way there would be no high turnover. Employees good to work with. Nothing hard about job. Some employees make it hard for themselves Meeting all kinds of people is enjoyable for me. I helps with customer service skills.
Pros
Health Insurance
Poor supervisors
Cultura laboral
Received security report, received assignment for that shift, initiated security roles, monitor the entire facility and made hourly reports. Ensured that employed arrived to their vehicle in a safe manner. Monitor the activities of the facility and ensure that it was secured.
Pros
Worked independently
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
The company is a great company to work for, the job is enjoyable, the work is good, the work environment is great. It is just hard to make a living on the pay.
Cultura laboral
Good place to work at as a stepping stone or if you've already retired from somewhere else and need to be busy. Other than that it's just ok, I wouldnt make a career out of it
Cultura laboral
A typical day at work on the site is showing up, clocking in and going to your assigned duty station. I didn't really learn anything except that this city is full of weirdos. Management is easily the worst part about this job. Once I got hired, they give you a crash course on everything you are supposed to do, then they expect you to remember a million things right away and get angry when you forget which key out of like 60 is supposed to unlock a door on the 10th floor. Every supervisor on my shift seems to have anger issues or is slightly racist. They tell you if you are confused about something or just don't know what to do, then ask them. BUT when you do, they yell at you or get really annoyed. There is also way too much favoritism. They give the easiest positions to officers they are buddies with, and don't really care about mistakes if they make any. The pretty white girl is going to be treated like a goddess. Hardest part of the job? Its not really hard work, but it takes a toll on you mentally having to deal with getting yelled at by your supervisors with threats of being terminated, getting treated like a subhuman by the nurses you work with AND having to deal with irate visitors and patients. They all work together effectively to drive you insane. Although this only applies to the triage area. Every other duty station seems like a cake walk since you dont have to deal with idiot customers. I did not enjoy working here, which is why I left shortly after getting hired. Just not worth it at all when I have much better options.
Pros
easy work, they will hire literally anybody
Contras
favoritism for certain officers, can be pretty stressful in the triage area, lack of good management, turn over rate is extremely high
Cultura laboral
Bad company they throw you out to the wolves with little or no training. None of the supervisors know what they are doing. Lots of favoritism for certain employees.
Cultura laboral
On a day to day basis I would walk the hospitals and make sure it is safe and secure. Had to take reports of of different incidents that may have occurred. Loved my co-workers. Morale was low because it seemed as if you we getting yelled at for doing your job. Example: We'd get a call from the staff about something. So we'd investigate. Once the investigation was completed we'd have to type up the report. Well while typing up the report the team leader of that shift may ask you to go and retrieve some more info like someone's name. Well as soon as you return with that info and pass it a long. The phone would go off. The supervisor is yelling at you telling you how you abandoned your post. You'd try to explain the situation, but there's no hearing that. When all he had to do was play the camera back 15secs and they'd see you just walked up.
Cultura laboral
Took this job because I had previous experience at this hospital and I needed a job while going back to school at Alabama. It has become micro-managed since new software and systems have been implemented. You have to deal with a bunch of old geezers that take their job TOO seriously, I mean come on, you are not working for Black Water. Uniformed Security Offices can not have any type of weapon, we are not supposed to help any patients with physical contact without the consent of a nurse, whom are often to busy. There is NO room for advancement unless you have former military experience and the pay sucks at $9.20. The night shift can get crazy since this is a college town, there are about 3-4 shooting victims a week and the whole family usually shows up causing the triage area to get hectic. The benefits are really good and is the only reason I have stayed. As soon as I can find a better job I am out of there!
Pros
Benefits
Contras
Micro-managed, narsictic old farts, chaos at times, favortism to certain employees