logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Tulsa, OK

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 63 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Not the best but not the worst

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Typically understaffed with alot of your off days spent being called in to cover a shift. Over all not a bad job for people looking to get started in security but definitely not an end goal.

Pros

Plenty of hours

Contras

Understaffed with the benefits lacking
Cultura laboral

Good site management, poor corporate experience

My bosses took care of me well since I worked my butt of and was always trying to improve. Bottom line is if you work hard you can have a decent job. Wish the pay was better though.

It's a stepping stone

While I am thankful for my time spent working with G4S, they have their issues like any other company. I do not believe that they value their employees or their contracts as they should. This is my only from my viewpoint. It allowed to to cover my basic bills for the time that was needed. If you love overtime, they have it.

Pros

Overtime

Contras

does not value the individual

productive workplace

most duties include armed and unarmed posts get to experience a lot of locations may even get to travel to other cities for jobs work the OSU games.
Cultura laboral

Can do a good a job and can feel somewhat relaxed when I'm here.

I try to get to work a little early. There are many things to learn on this job and they can only be learned over a period of time. Management gives us the help we need. I don't consider any part of this job hard. The best part of this job is interaction with people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with Security Officers who want the least amount of work. I want to feel at the end of the day that I have done a good job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good place to work for

Good company to work for, plenty of opportunities, lots of different locations, world wide company, opportunity to move from place to place, work from businesses to concerts.

Awesome

The company was not bad to work with. The company allowed benefits at the site I worked with that was fantastic. The company tried to work with their officers when they needed it.

Good job

Not much on benefits but its constant work great supervisor for one has post and cooperate woods post. And I think for a young person this is a great option to get into security.

Pros

Great work invironment.

Lack of benefits.

Ok

My last posting was ok. Was outside all day checking in simis while wearing long sleeve black polyester shirts. Plus walking 5-10 miles a day in only a 50 yard area.

Factory

I got lied to several times. Payroll Errors a few times and when asking to fix it it took 4 months for them to fix error on when and after I went and complained 5 times. Never any pay raises only good things about this place is steady work and Awesome immediate supervisor and co-workers.
Cultura laboral

I Like the Job But They Just don't Pay you Enough.

A typical day here is pretty slow. I learned to manage my time well. My immediate Supervisor is good but the upper management needs some serious help. I actually like this post better than most. The hardest part of this job is Pay Day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Co. workers.

Pros

Mostly work alone

Contras

It just don"t pay enough.
Cultura laboral

its a paycheck nothing more

All benefits are relient on the post you end up at, could be ok or nothing at all. Lots of overtime even if you don't want it. At this company only the good ones get stung.

Pros

paycheck

everything else
Cultura laboral

Some job assignments may be more relaxed.

Always reassigning to other jobs with a day's notice. You may have to wear a different uniform. The pay is adjusted based on what the contractor is willing to pay.Sometimes the pay is more, but most of the time it is less than previous job. When reassigned you may have to work a 12-hr shift. You will be notified of these changes and will decide if you will take the job, if not, you're fired.

Pros

Paid every two weeks. Wear a uniform which is no cost to employees.

Contras

Hours and payvary with each new assignment.

Enjoyable place to work

Working for a contractor has benefits. If you do not like the post you can ask to be reassigned. Dealing with the public is fun. Being the person in charge of communicating activities to building occupants during emergencies can be stressful. Looking out for the well being and safety of employees and property can be difficult but satisfying. Also, at times the only positions available are working night shifts, this can be lonely and boring.

Pros

Fun jobs

Contras

Low pay and night shifts

Sucks

G4S is one of the worst security companys to work for. No one cares about there employees you have to work any hours they give you even if you told them that you can't if you don't you will get fired very low pay for the type of work you do and at most job sites you don't really do security your more or less pick up trash

Contras

Poor benfits they do not tax your checks

It was good but low pay

Had a good job description, but they do not take care of their employees. It has a customer is always right mentality. They are very good about getting you is to a new possition quickly if you lose a postion.
Cultura laboral

This is the security firm you need to contact.

Absolutely the best security team to work for. World class reputation and the clients appreciate the quality of officers they provide. I fyou are not a good fit at a position at the security sites they will work with you to relocate you to a desirable setting that will provide you and the client the best performance from you.

Pros

Excellent on-line training available

Contras

still needs to bring the pay up for the class of security officer
Cultura laboral

Depending on post it can be a rewarding job.

Some posts are non stop activity entire shift. Other posts are more relaxed even boring. The most difficult part is the preference given to those with military experience rather than those with actual security experience/knowledge.

Pros

Multiple posts to be assigned to.

Contras

Some site supervisors lack leaderships skills.

Overall negative experience

If you are just starting in the field of security G4S can be a decent stepping stone. Do not plan to provide well for a 3 person family (financially or emotionally) from employment at this company. In my experience the work environment was disorganized and full of egotistical/inept management and employees. The scheduling system at G4S is apparently on constant fluctuation which is fine with proper notice but otherwise, do not make any plans outside of work. If a fellow employee is not hounding you to change, switch or take shifts then the pressure is from management. On a personal note, due to an opportunity at a police department I was unable to give a proper 2 week notice which was taken highly personal by management. Upon return of uniforms the manager became extremely agitated and appeared to be visibly shaken by my leaving the company. To his credit I quickly gathered that his stress from upper management was simply too much as he mumbled and exclaimed about constant employee turnover and that I lacked common courtesy etc. Not my preferred method of exit but the opportunity had to be taken and my leaving was nothing personal. Keep in mind that my experience with G4S was a few years ago and things might have changed. It appears that by the constant open positions on this site and word of mouth from more recent employees that things are still the same.

Pros

Obtained one friendship

Contras

bad pay, schedule issues, unprofessional management
Cultura laboral

Depends on who you're stuck with

The only thing to say about this company, or rather this job in general, is that it's exactly what you expect it to be. The job is only going to be bad or good depending on which post you get, because that dictates your co-workers. But, more importantly, it also dictates your client and they're the people who decide your raises and duties most of the time. If you end up working for someone cheap you'll have very poor equipment (Security cameras, door access, etc) and you'll likely be over worked and never get a raise.

Pros

Plenty of hours to work

Low pay in all aspects

Pay sucks

They do not pay enough for the work they have you do. And they expect you to work ridiculous amounts of hours due to lack of staff. The pay system is nessed ul as well

Pros

Overtime

Pay