logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Tampa, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 132 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Was okay

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
At times it was good and at times very disorganized. There were a lot of opportunity for overtime which can be good or bad. Transferring to a new site was a nightmare.
Cultura laboral

Terrible place to work for they really don’t care about their employees you’re just a number A warm body they pay they were low percent wages on that contract work example they are paid $30 an hour they may give you $11 or $13

Pros

Minimum wage paid training if there’s a pros

Contras

Low pay, terrible work environment, No chance for advancement depending upon who you know, no loyalty

Easy job for the pay

They usually have overtime and they treat you pretty decently it's a pretty big company so they have a good amount of contracts so they usually have something to fit your needs

Pros

Eazy work for the pay and job security

Contras

Standing and working outside for long hours
Cultura laboral

Easiest job you're going to hate

I work for G4S BOA accounts and it is the easiest job you'll love or hate based on if you like being totally bored all the time. The pay has gotten better since I started and the bad is the company has been both out and the future is uncertain.

Pros

Good pay

job uncertainty
Cultura laboral

Good job depending on job site

Low pay for constant stress, depending in the job site it can be good but avoid healthcare at all cost. I was placed at a psych hospital and was bot paid nearly enough. I have a great supervisor but other than that the management is terrible. They have a good d license class but training is mostly on the job learning. You get two days with a partner and then your on your own.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Love my job.

I’ve been working at G4S for two years now and I really love my job. I have absolutely no complaints about this company. I’ll recommend this workplace to anyone.

Law enforcement experience

Great security company with many opportunities but horrible job site. There is no trust between co workers and they all file reports and complaints on each other. The civilian staff also do not trust the security officers and report you as much as they can. Lots of conflict and tons of drama. Would not recommend unless you enjoy the uneasiness. Management has little experience or care to deal with the conflict.

Pros

Law enforcement experience

Conflict
Cultura laboral

You're just a body to fill a slot in a schedule.

As the largest and, according to the company, best security company in the world one might think that they value their employees, you'd be wrong. At least that applies to the rank and file, management appears to be fat, dumb, and Very Happy. The pay is about half that of our contemporaries, and the benefits are the worst. I could write a lot more, but it would just sound like sour grapes. The only reason I'm still working for G4S is due to COVID this was the only job I could find that pays the bills. I can't wait to turn in my notice!!

Pros

Schedule

Pay, Benefits, Management, Culture

the young girls

They ran the place like a well oil machine. All the stuff knew the positions the whole day. it was fun getting to the the girls.. The people you worked with became family.

Its like Walmart. Avoid

Terrible Managment!! He hides from meetings with you and is never able to talk with. He only does when it suits him or you get in trouble. Post supervisors were stressed and then all changed to being some of the worst. They got crapped upon so sent it down to us on posts. Your post always changed. Almost had no say so to be sent very far even out of county. They got real mad if u put your foot down. Worked standing up over 8 hours. With one 30 min break. If u done banks, it could be 12 hours or more as u waited for bank meetings to be over. You stood outside in every condition. They totally tried the military moves on new employees. We ARE NOT military! Really treated like trash and talk about behind our backs. Office management, phones, everything was NOT kind or helpful or a great place to be at. We tried so hard never to have to go to main office. It IS that bad. Alot of scandals at the office and with trainers management and front desk. You have to fill out the most lengthy application and take THEIR D class. No matter if u have it already. So all that is frustrating in itself. Military employees got the best care and advancement and higher pay. They talk way differently with x military or part time active. Rest of us scum. I gave and gave and gave. Always with a smile. No one cares. If you get hurt or have a issue, they throw you away and LIST you. They don't call you back. Its how they get out of firing you and having it look bad on them. They KNOW how to make you look the bad guy.

Pros

I gained alot of street smarts and knowledge of the hood

Contras

short breaks, always standing, low pay, bad post sites
Cultura laboral

Under paid, under equipped, un manned,

I think this company is to big.It means well, but it has lost the sense of the how it got here...PEOPLE! The security field has blown up, security and qualified people to meet a certain criteria has gotten a big need. The days of hiring some tired old, retired, cop veteran or correctional officer is OVER! where I am at, we are un depaid, under manned, and under equipped! .The turn over is ridiculous, once they get hired, they are looking else where and get hire by other companies and for more pay, the county is pulling many CPO'S..for their school security , paying 4 dollars a hour more.and with paid HOLIDAYS.. I am working 6 days a week, because we cannot stay fully staffed and many post MUST be manned..per the contract...but when many people we provide security for ask, where is the other officers, when I tell them they left for higher paying jobs, ...We stand with law enforcement and many G4S officers are experienced been to more academies and have both military and law back ground, but are being paid, 20 dollars lower the the law enforcement officer, and we are do the same job!!...and on some days MORE! We put ourselves in harms way everyday, just like they do, and get less respect and low low pay...When new officer come on board and they see whats happening, they leave!!!!.. We are equipped less then a LEO, but have as much and some cases more experience.....The sergeants, are responsible for 18 officers and post in 4 buildings. Plus verourse court activities. .they are on their feet 12 hours straight, paper work and dealing with the county sergeants, the public..for -
Cultura laboral

They could care less, as long as your billing.

In my 15 months, I had several issues I needed addressed with either a manager or HR. Over that 15 months, not ONE of my e-mails of voice messages was acknowledged or returned... EVER...totally ignored. Even when I asked who I should contact to get hep, nothing, or was HR, and I NEVER got a response from them, ever. Good luck finding help when you need it...for anything. They switched to a new ADP payroll for 1/1/2020, and messed up the payroll. It took me over a week to reach someone to try to help tell them what the issue was. They said, they knew the issue, and planned to run another payroll to fix it. I waited a week and a half to get paid.....NOT WORTH IT FOLKS. If you are not X military or police...Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Cultura laboral

The truth is this is a good place to work at but they need to pay more to those of us that care about the job

This company would be able to keep people more and the revolving door wouldn’t be spinning as fast as it does if they would pay more it’s a simple as that.In all actuality it’s actually a really nice place to work at

Very good work environment

Very good company to work with. Great leadership. Offered good supervision and career advancement within the company. Very family oriented and offered training to help you advanced tot he next level in your career.

Decent

Would give it 5 stars if they didn't want G4S to pretty much become my life. Overall thought, it's the best security company I've worked for compaired to the others.

Insulting raise

CPO’s in Tampa are armed and working in high risk facilities. There is little to no training. Some unarmed guards are getting $15hr-up on other sites. Once you sign on to a site, you will have a very difficult time trying to get a better paying site. It is recommended by management that you quit G4S, then reapply to a different site. There may/ May not be a raise.
Cultura laboral

I wish the high risk employees could be paid a high rish wage

It seems that the rewards, go to the office workers. The working line officers, are forgotten. The high risk worker, are forgotten. The officers, that deal with drug cartel members and death row individual's are forgotten. The excuses are oh we forgot to submit your pay adjustment, may be next year. But the client submit a penalty, due to low manning, the back office goes crazy.

Mgmt likes to gossip

Mgmt/ Office workers are lackluster, leaning heavily on acting like fools and are rude. If you thrive in working for a company that corporate investigated for embezzling... this place is for you.

Pros

Its a paycheck

Benefits and mgmt

I enjoyed my time there

I worked at G4S for almost 3 years. I met alot of really good folks. For the most part it's a pretty laid back job. Although that really depends on the post you are working. I started off being a rover covering officers who were on vacation or on some type of leave. In time I landed a permanent post at a call center sitting behind a desk, monitoring access to the facility. It was easily the best job I ever had. Unfortunately the pay is commiserate with your job duties which wasn't much and I had to leave for a higher paying position.

Pros

Low stress, overtime availability

Pay

Horrible Benefits

Horrible benefits and low pay. Your just a body for them. High turnover rate. Management doesn't care if you work there or not. Chain of command is a mess.

Good starting security company

This company is a good company for someone to start security in, they put you in a training class and pay for the cost of the license; you do pay it back out of your checks. They are willing to work with you and are understanding. The only complaint is the pay pate for certain posts could be higher and the lack of growth in the company is slim to nothing.
  • Empresas