G4S
3.3 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en St. Louis, MO

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 41 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,521 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Ok job but very solitary

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Compensation is good if you work 60+ hours a week but you’re gone a lot and it’s nearly impossible to make plans outside of work. Most days start about 4:30 am too.

Lots of hours

Unlimited overtime, can be good or bad but you may end up working 80 hours a week, they also stopped paying for training. but has been stable throughout coronavirus.

Pros

fairly easy job

long hours always understaffed
Cultura laboral

Standard job for the Security Industry. Easy work if you can follow simple instructions, do what you are suppose to do.

Job: Not that hard as far as Security goes. Post dependent obviously. Local Headquarters not very helpful. Usually doesn't provide support you would expect. Get the bare basic number of uniforms and hard to find someone with the time to help you exchange if the need arises. Benefits: Decent pay. Horrible insurance (expensive if you have dependents / family). No vacation until you have been there 1 yr and then you never get above 1 week (5 days). 401K after 1 yr employment (no match). Company hires anyone/everyone when they actually do hire and then expect you to weed out the "bad eggs" but you are usually under-staffed so you can't really afford to lose even the bad ones. When you have enough verifiable evidence to remove an employee, they push you to re-train, re-train and re-train, not supporting your decision to remove the employee from the post unless it causes a black eye against the client or company.They press you constantly to increase the value of the contract / your worth or value so they can reap a large contract but pay Officers minimum needed to attract employees.Other than that, great place!

Pros

Usually easy postings, post management works for/with you normally

Contras

Basic benefits, basic pay, no higher support.
Cultura laboral

Decent pay, very limited advancement unless POST certified or recent military.

My assignment was fine, no communication from management once initial training was completed. No matter how much experience you have, there seems to be no flexibility in advancing if their narrow criteria isn't met

Pros

Decent pay, good assignments

No advancement, poor communication
Cultura laboral

Benefits not good. Good thing you get to meet new people that can boost your career

Its ok for steady work but minimal room for advancement. The office staff is not well trained. The area supervisors are not on same page. There is no racial harmony and often divided on sites.

Pros

Some sites better benefits

No strong managerial support
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

A great stepping stone

A great place to work while looking for something better. Love my boss but the job just doesn’t leave me filling like I made any sort of impact ever.

Pros

Easy hours

No sense of purpose
Cultura laboral

You don't want to work for this company

While I can't speak for other regions, the St. Louis Operations Manager, HR Manager, and HR Director lack the competency to support the overall mission. They set you up for failure and offer no assistance to help you succeed. In fact, they overwork you and the pay is subpar, at best. You are not allowed to do your job without their interference which causes you to fail in your position and then they blame you for the failures. I would not recommend working for the St. Louis team.

Pros

Hours

Horrible management

No matter how well you did your job, if you didn't kiss the manager's behind, they treated you like a dog. It was horrible. And when you tell them how to improve moral and work status among the employees, they fire you.

Pros

Leaving

Love my job

Best company ever flexible is the best hard working company great benefits PTO good money you can make family and friends oriented join G4S xoxoxoxoxo

Big company

Big company. It’s a big company a lot of opportunities the pay is not that good but a lot of opportunities if you’re looking for a starter security job. Like I said there’s a lot of opportunities for work. And they are also looking all around the United States so we can find a job in a state.
Cultura laboral

Great job security always there when I got laid off

Help to keep things moving, learn how to deal with people better. Learn to be proficient in my skills and my alertness. Great job security every time I got laid off I was able to come back as long as I left the proper way and gave my 2 weeks

You will work a lot

As an hourly employee, you will be contacted to work additional shifts constantly. These shifts will be at varying locations, differing times, and usually within 8 hours of the end of your last shift. Management knows that turnover is high. They will work every employee very hard. The ones that stick it out may be promoted or given favorable hours. The junior employees will work the least desirable contracts.
Cultura laboral

Productive and room for advancement in this enviroment

A typical day at work is very pleasant and enjoyable because of the great employees and customers. I really learn a lot from the employees and the customers as well. Management is the best I have ever experienced and they are very supportive. The culture is very strong and growing and very experienced. The hardest part of the job is the standing for long periods of times. the most enjoyable part of the job is being around my coworkers and customers who shows a lot of support and appreciation of my presences.
Cultura laboral

Don’t care about you or your family

G4S is of the attitude of you work when you say you work and the hours they want you to work or your fired. There a very unfair company to work for and only care about them and not your wellbeing.

It pays

I don't have much to say, it's been great for me so far nothing special but nothing negative to say either. I've defiantly held worse positions. Would continue employment is I wasn't moving.

4 out of 5

Job is busy most of the time. Learn about team play and getting the job done. Management supports. Great workplace when fully manned. Keeping every shift staffed. Making our customers happy.

Pros

Great hours.

Manning.

Awful Experience

I found G4S to be an awful employer in nearly every respect. We were overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated. I regularly was forced to work double shifts and there was very little assistance from the main office. The company doesn't care about the employees, it's all about the bottom line.
Cultura laboral

Very hard to get into company

This company requires you to be prior military, law enforcement, correction officer, or have a degree in this field, but all you are doing is basic security.

Pros

no onsite supervisory for some sites, lots of overtime if wanted

Contras

no breaks onsite due to the amount theft in the store.

Full of oportunities

Growing experience, will take you so far. It's a lot to learn from Dispatcher, Armed Security, Receptionist Security to Contracting temporary post. Once can also grow in management.

Pros

Growth, and experience

Opportunity
Cultura laboral

Overall

The company is a good place to work. It needs a lot of improvement in areas. a lot of the company LT.,SGT . need more training on how to treat there security officer.

Pros

n/a

n/a
Cultura laboral

I enjoyed working with the bosses I had at Chrysler in Fenton, MO. I wished we could all be at the plant now (If it were still operational). Those were some great times.

Pros

Awesome Bosses

Contras

Still had to do your work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general