G4S
3.3 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Sarasota, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 28 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,533 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

You will never know what is going to happen next.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Even as an armed officer, you will never get more than 11.50 an hour. "If" you are able to get a full time schedule, there is a very good chance that management will give it to someone else. And yet again you'll be scrounging for the time and pay to survive.

Pros

Training, if you don't have your D license

everything else.
Cultura laboral

Ok if starting out but not a place to stay. They do not care about you. You are a body and nothing more.

Get experience, then get out. Will not have a rewarding career. They don't care about you the employee, only the client. Depends on how client treats you not G4s.

Contras

Depends what post you are at.

It's hit or miss

A security job asking for a heavy background to get in, prior police, military or a 4 year degree, just to get mediocre pay at best, some posts have you work non stop for hours, and others are just a constant presence of security, aka standing around. Definitely nothing long term to get here.

Pros

Some clients are nice

Contras

Terrible benefits, no sick days, bad management

Review Summary

Working at G4S has been a great experience. It’s help me to develop new skills and learn how it is to work in an actual professional environment. It aloud me the opportunity to refine and improve upon myself a bit
Cultura laboral

Place you and forget you!!

Your work experience will be baced upon which office you work from. The Sarasota office is disorganized and lacking good management. Other than the couple of weeks of training required by the State of Florida, you will be given no more training required. They give you the bare minimum to complete your job. You'll be lucky if you get two pairs of pants and one shirt. You will have to beg for uniforms.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

I am a people person I can easy get alone with other.. I enjoy this job because I get to do just that my skills allow me to be me in just enjoy what it is that I do at work

Horrible Management

Sarasota office violated HIPAA laws, and condoned invasion of privacy. Company does not enforce HIPAA laws or it's own written policies, even if when clear documentation is submitted.

Hole Filler

You are hired to fill the holes they have at various job sites. You will miss every major event with your family. You will work double shifts 7 days a week. Your phone calls and emails to management will be ignored. When you apply internally for other job sites you will be told that you don't exist.

productive

The company is in the middle of a consolidation and restructure a lot of information has not been passed to the branch offices, there has been a lot of bickering within staff that should not be happening. Change is starting and as personnel moves out or is reassigned, things may change.

Pros

Decent friendship within office personel

Contras

healthcare cut back, communication within management poor
Cultura laboral

Unprofessional leadership in a place filled with professional people.

The manager failed to provide required training. If ever there was a disagreement with the managers opinion he would deliver some retribution, usually through scheduling. There was a failure to communicate policy changes between the client and G4S personnel.
Cultura laboral

Dont work there - sarasota location

If you are in need of a job or new career have at it, but they will say whatever to get you to agree to work for them. Then once you start no matter what you signed as for work location or type of work weather it be armed, unarmed or at a court house, they do not abide by those as they will stick you in a guard house or gated community patrolling. Then if you decide that you dont want to work for them, the supervisors in charge at the sarasota location will then get angry and literally start talking down to you and create lies saying that you did this or did that or said this or said that about the company which is not true. I was in a class with 5 people none of which I ever talked to except while in class with them. When I decided I did not want to work there due to the lies and poor leadership, supervisors accused me of planning that the whole time and bad mouthing the company etc etc. Then after I left, refused to pay me for the hours I had worked up to that point, saying I did not work those hours and there is no proof. I contacted their legal department and he told them the same thing that I am not getting paid as I didnt work there and etc etc. After about an hour the legal departments supervisor called me to inform me that they would be paying me according to the contract I signed in the beginning despite what the supversior said as it was illegal for him to not pay me because I left the company after week and half. The trainers were great, the office ladies were great, the supervisors in charge of the sarasota office are unethical, lie, and try shady things behind employees -

Pros

Hire with no experience

Contras

Break agreements, lies, treat you like trash when you want something better.
Cultura laboral

They treat you like nothing

don't work for them they treat you like you're nothing. pay is a joke work at burger king for better pay. Supervisor doesn't know his hand from his foot. zero to no management and if your related to someone that high on the pole you basically can show up whenever sleep and leave for lunch without telling anyone. oh and if your accused of something or fired on the spot no chance to defend yourself your nothing less then trash

Pros

clocking out to go home

too many to list

chaotic management

Good equipment, typical low pay. When I was there the office was very disorganized. HR seemed to work if and when she wanted. Secretary was unable to handle a detail oriented job, and HRs work was left with her when HR was not working. Trainer was a marine and was excellent. If you are a CPO, it is a full day of paperwork for an $11/ hr job at best. Even an armed bank job is only $12/hr. My first day of work I was given the wrong day and time by the secretary, and my first day was actually at their office. They will screw up your G license paperwork, so have your G before you get there if CPO is your choice. Had a great supervisor in the field, and some great coworkers, G4 just could not retain them. Very high rate of turnover. They were down 15 positions when I started. Several weeks later I was in the office and there were 5 trash bags full of uniforms in the floor. People that had quit that week, and it was only 7am on Thursday. I left a week or two later and two more left with me.

Pros

Good equipment

office was very disorganized
Cultura laboral

terrible company, high turnover with employees, stagnant pay

Grossly underpaid for work being done, if you have any emergencies come up and need the time off , will not happen. Training is terrible and not enough. Training on obsolete computer systems that have no benefit outside of work. No raises expect if you move to another location, and that is very minor and does not happen often, unless what they call a site supervisor doesn't like you for any reason, they will move you around and around driving up to 30 miles one way for a 10/hr job. the company gave us a dollar raise because the company at the time heard that McDonald's pays 12.00 per hour. If you are a uso uniformed security officer the lower position with a G rating armed, standing in front of a bank for 8 plus hours you get a whopping 1.00 difference in pay. I order to get paid more you have to have law enforcement background to move to the higher position, in the past you could study to become a higher officer, but not any more. Checking possible employees for work is completely inadequate, from people afraid of the dark to people who cannot walk one flight of stairs. These people have no customer service background to deal with people and problems, because of the extremely high turnover, if your breathing your hired. If you are over 60 years with a retirement plan and pension and just work to keep busy this job is for you. Also if you enjoy working at night from anywhere to 8pm to 6am or 11pm to 7am you'll enjoy it. I do not recommend getting into this job if you are under 50 years old. This job is a complete waste of time, if you as a person getting -

hours, pay, training, management
Cultura laboral

It is an interesting place to work

I worked at a court house and cannot discus certain aspects of what I do work wise. I have learned to multitask at a faster level than most. I get alone well with my superiors and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting my work completed and on time.

Pros

Being able to talk a walk outside
Cultura laboral

Only a select few should work here

I wouldn't recommend working for G4S unless you have military, law enforcement, or a criminal justice degree because the opportunities for advancement are available to only those individuals. I didn't have either of the three and got no where quickly. Benefits are a joke and you have to chase down administration to find out anything from them.

Pros

Advancement for those who meet the requirements for CPO

Contras

Terrible benefits, terrible communication, no advancement for USOs

High turnover rate

You are not paid your worth as a security officer with this company. If you are not part of the "good 'ol boy" club, expect to get treated poorly. I have seen too many good officers leave the company because of poor treatment. They don't listen to their employees, or their clients. They promote inexperienced cpo's to captains first few weeks of hire. If you develop a good repertoire with the client, as per post duties, you are accused of becoming too close to the client. If you are on the no overtime list, they still call you. Also, I found out the hard way that G4S does not offer sick time or sick leave. So if you get sick, expect to lose a day/s worth of pay. Office managers often have no clue what they are doing. Vacation is an anniversary buy out, another words, you get your vacation pay the day of your hire anniversary. So, unless you take vacation the week/s of your hire anniversary, don't expect to take vacations. Some posts you get holidays off, most posts you don't (with the exception of Christmas). You don't get holiday pay and or overtime for working a holiday. Any time you report to the office for training or requalification you don't get paid for it. This is just a small sample of how horrible this company is. If you are retired and have other means of income, this job may be perfect for you. If this would be a full time income dependent job, don't waste your time.

Everything listed above plus
Cultura laboral

Productive and steadfast work environment.

Very good place to work gained a ton of experience and made me a man today very well recommended. I learned so much and it turned to the man I am today could not be more thankful for G4S they showed me how to just be a good worker and a great security guard best place I have worked for.
Cultura laboral

productive, fast pace and loner.

It would be nice if there chance to advance and better paid. Also paid vacation should be included. they should also provide better equipment. good place to work if you are a people person

Pros

relaxed, very trusting people

Great company

I have worked here for over 9 years and advancements are available if your willing to work hard. Competitive pay for the job being asked. The management team always treated everyone with respect.

Professional job structured environment

The work experience was a challenge working with all different personalities security in Court House was always changing according to the daily schedules. People were pleasant and agreeable to procedures needed in a restricted area.. The work environment was very structured daily.

Pros

Enjoyed the challenge of environment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general