G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en San Diego, CA

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 68 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I took a position at G4S Secure solutions as a COVID officer for a Bank of America position. First impressions:G4S cares enough about orientation to pay for a week of high quality training. On completion of training I was immediately provided with high quality uniforms. I was provided with clear post orders and assigned a position. I appreciated the lack of micromanagement. I was told by my supervisor that if their were issues, The bank would report to G4S, not me. I appreciated that pay was provided in a timely manner until my direct deposit kicked in. I was actually contacted to come in and pick up my paychecks! This indicates that G4S actually cares about its employees. My time with G4S was short due to my desire to obtain a supervisory position in the security industry. Ha d a supervisor role been available with G4S, I would likely have remained with the company. Very impressed with G4S and will recommend others looking for security positions to G4S.
Pros
Prompt pay quality uniforms lack of micro management
None noted
Cultura laboral
This job gave me some good experience with working with detainees in small areas and with people from different backgrounds. This also gave me the ability to work with people and alone. Overall this was a good job until it was cut....
Pros
It was all good for me
No real cons
Cultura laboral
I love the fact that the company has a large diversity in it. Every day is a new learning experience. easy to talk to and very understanding management. Over all one of the best security companies I have worked for.
Pros
paid lunches
Contras
not many permanent positions available
Cultura laboral
I arrive at work, sign in and start patrolling the site. I keep a log on what is going on at the site. I call the police and my supervisor when an illegal act occurs. I explain to the police what I saw and when it happened.
Pros
Our presence at picnics and BBQs makes them feel safer so they give us some food.
Contras
Being at a shift for 40 hours a week and getting paid 37 and a half hours pay.
Cultura laboral
weekly pay, stable job, no health benefits, no vacation benefits, forced to work far away from home, old and out dated equipment used.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Many available sites to learn and gain experience in the security field. A multicultural working environment with clients and employees. Get to meet interesting people.
Cultura laboral
A work day,great day to have a job. I've learn how to work heard to achieve my goals. Management,great. Co-worker,amazing team members. There wasn't a heard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a job.
Cultura laboral
i enjoyed this job. there is a lot of different sites to work at and if you work hard there is a good chance that you can move up in the ranks and really help make a difference. getting hired was very easy and everyone that works there is very friendly.
Cultura laboral
Shaded work area for protection against extreme heat and rain .
Pros
free snacks would be favorable
Contras
Lunch and short breaks as provided by law
Cultura laboral
Very poor employee's working at the management they need to treat there Security Officers with more respect.
Breaks to short.
Cultura laboral
Maintained surveillance in new developmental areas of the San Diego Airport. Generated daily activity reports VIA remote access laptop. Monitored various locations with a vehicle during my shift. Monitored residential activity communicated un-usual activity and reported emergency situations via online 24hr remote access server. Periodically walked to the basement of the building when valet needed assistance with heavy traffic. I was employed by G4S in San Diego, CA and later transferred to Boca Raton, FL and my job description was. Monitored business activity and conducted dispatch response follow up in compliance with regulatory procedures and policies. Access security systems to ensure proper functions of video surveillance.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cultura laboral
not the most honest people in security. Lie to much about general stuff
Pros
Advancement in managment in some sites
Contras
no wage increase in over two years
Cultura laboral
the management will forget to call back regarding important information.
Cultura laboral
Yes, G4s is the largest of them all as they do have world wide locations. So if you have to pick a security company to work for then do chose this one. My strong advice to any job seeker is this: Unless your young (under 25) or brand new in the security field, stay away from working at any contract security company. You will almost NEVER be paid what you are worth and trust me - I know from over 15 years of doing this type of work- all contract security company's can (yes, they actually do) fire you for any reason they feel is proper with out respect to you or you past excellent success with them. I know of many Security Officers are suddenly " reassigned" because the client did not quite approve of them however, and they are then reassigned to a new post. The new post can be 20 to 26 miles away from their home. Do you want to travel that far to earn only 11 dollars an hour ( regarding Southern California NOT regarding Mid America state locations) --then I find your thinking on the foolish side. " In House" security officers (Private officers working directly for a large firm) earn much more- ( between 13 to 17 dollars an hour - depending on the state and local area and firm size.)
Cultura laboral
Both companies were easy to understand. CCA Advanced me from Officer to QA assistant then promoted me to Records Supervisor and then Billing Manager. More room for advancement! G4S had no room for advancement. I had very good standing at both companies. I got along well with everyone. Was often asked by supervisors and managers to help with others or solve issues that needed help. People were the issue. As a supervisor/manager, most forget were they started, I don't! Often, if you speak to the lower ranks, thats when you find out your issues such as what supplies the really need and what supplies to stop spending money on (for example). This is not only good for the work force but makes the supervisors, managers and owners happy!!!!
Pros
good quality people
vision of management
Cultura laboral
its a good company,but i think there could be some approvel in the management depts.other areas of the compamy.
Cultura laboral
Productive and fun workplace, good bonding with management and co=workers. I'd been an Employee of the Quarter in 2003.
Pros
Free lunches
Contras
work area is small for storage of food supplies, a health issue
Cultura laboral
Typical day consisted of answering phones and helping employees with HR questions and new applicants. If no one was available to tend to I would organize employee files.
Pros
Close to Home
Cultura laboral
Started as armed bank guard for first ten years which also included a two year position as bank captain. Was given the opportunity to work along side custom border protection & border parol watching detainees and transporting personal to medical facilites. Contract ended.
Cultura laboral
Management is very good and always on top of their game. Co-workers are fun to work with. Communication is very good with this company.
Cultura laboral
This is the worst place ever to work I would never recommend it to anybody. I was hired as a armed cpo that pays $ 14.00/ Hour and day shifts. When training is over they come up to the 4 of us who trained and say sorry we dont have any open cpo positions available but we do have some tso positions that pay $11.73/Hour. So I had no choice but to take that while I look for another job they just lied to us to fill their positions nobody wants. I got a shift from tuesday-sunday from 10:30pm-3:30am that 6 days for only a total of 30 hours. You would be better off working at mcdonald's. So do yourself a favor and stay away from g4s.
Pros
people can learn from my mistake and stay away from g4s..
Contras
worst place ever to work