G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en San Diego, CA

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 68 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.190 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I took a position at G4S Secure solutions as a COVID officer for a Bank of America position. First impressions:G4S cares enough about orientation to pay for a week of high quality training. On completion of training I was immediately provided with high quality uniforms. I was provided with clear post orders and assigned a position. I appreciated the lack of micromanagement. I was told by my supervisor that if their were issues, The bank would report to G4S, not me. I appreciated that pay was provided in a timely manner until my direct deposit kicked in. I was actually contacted to come in and pick up my paychecks! This indicates that G4S actually cares about its employees. My time with G4S was short due to my desire to obtain a supervisory position in the security industry. Ha d a supervisor role been available with G4S, I would likely have remained with the company. Very impressed with G4S and will recommend others looking for security positions to G4S.
Pros
Prompt pay quality uniforms lack of micro management
None noted
Cultura laboral
If you have dignity for yourself, at least apply to a reputable organization in the San Diego area. Supervisors do not care about you, site supervisors have no backbones, account managers will see turnover rate as an accomplishment, SD's office is lazy and never gets back to you, at all. The level of micromanagement to justify having the supervisors at these sites is unfathomable. It's like an extension of high school; no real maturity, basic understanding of professionalism when it comes to dealing with other humans is non-existent, conflict management is perceived as how to further deteriorate relationships as quickly as possible. The tasks at these sites will leave you absolutely bored out of your mind, meanwhile being lambasted you're doing all things wrong.Bottomline: Waste of time, they want you to quit before they finish the mountains of paperwork they wish to build on you to expedite the process. You're on your own with SD sites.
Pros
Pay is ok
Contras
Unpaid lunches, micromanagement, toxic supervisors, no chance of advancement, turnover extreme
Cultura laboral
The contracts are not for the employees and can change without notice. Management only wants warm bodies on site and will tell you whatever it takes to keep you there. You call the HR department and the selection doesn't go through the automated switchboard.
Pros
A paycheck.
Contras
Will always feel that you are expendable
Cultura laboral
The management portion of the San Diego office is poorly poorly ran it's a toxic environment and anyone with any type of self-esteem and self care will leave the company
Contras
Management in san Diego sucks, toxic environment.
Cultura laboral
Weather you work forty hours a week or not if its a year you should still get vaction time no matter what people working deserve it an should be also front line workers.
Pros
N/a
N/a
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Just be careful of what site you go to. Site Supervisor would make up and do all in her power to get you out, honestly I don’t even know how I’ve been surviving in this place.
Cultura laboral
underpaid and work to many hours, After you find out the client pays over $35- $50 an hour for security personal as you may receive maybe $18 as a manager or "officer" making the motivation for you not so fruitful on your end. Most employees are paid less than $15 an hour even if there have extensive knowledge in many fields
Cultura laboral
abusive business. I was overworked, sometimes working for a whole month without getting a day off. lost wages. and worse of all, I was fired from G4S for "defending myself" when i was attacked by a car-burglar while at work. terrible management, they will sacrifice their employees health and safety for their own gains.
Cultura laboral
Good Company ruined by current management. Workers don't care about their job their just in it for the money, hard to advance in the company, work ethic of some coworkers is low.
Pros
Pay
Management / Coworkers
Cultura laboral
Where to start? I'll try to say this quick and as organized as possible. Warning: This review is long. HOURS: Vary greatly, you can be hired for full time and barely make 30 hours a week and sometimes less. Depending on the site you get, you can get 40 hours and sometimes more. Some sites offer more than 40 hours, but not many. So if you get interviewed and hired, make it a point to know where you are going to be and how many hours will you be getting. OVERTIME: If you want over time you need training at multiple facilities. The company will not just send you to high profile accounts without you being trained. So the more training you have the more opportunities for Overtime. BENEFITS: The company offers a variety of benefits, listed at a website that they will provide to you when you are hired. You can choose from life insurance, identity theft protection, medical, dental, etc. Their retirement they provide isn't that good, you link your own bank account to their retirement and invest, you might as well use the IRA your own personal bank can offer you. The company does not put in any money for your retirement. I give this a 2 star because they do offer things i mention above plus you can get discounts on gym memberships and a few other things. So it has promise. PAY: Most sites pay varies but the pay range goes from minimum wage to $18/hr for non armed guards. The armed guards get anywhere from $16/hr +. again site dictates your rate of pay. Wages can also vary depending on what state and country you are in. You do not get annual increases - más...
Cultura laboral
I really like working for G4S. I work 8 hour graveyard shifts (2000-0400) 40 hours a week from Wednesday to Sunday. I do wish I could work a morning shift Monday through Friday and receive more pay so I could have a life outside of work with family as well. Working for G4S has been a great experience I learned how to have even better customer service skills since I work at a motel and there are guest I have to speak to all the time. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours. I never have time off with my family because they have to go too work and school on my off days which are Monday and Tuesday. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be that I like the company and we have nice uniforms.
Pros
Breaks
Contras
hours, shifts not available, pay rate
Cultura laboral
Unprofessional and unqualified management. Little to no training. Extremely disorganized. Out of date technology. Inconsistent policies. Employee theft is common. No accountability from anyone. Favoritism. Employees arrive to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol and handle firearms and company vehicles. Incorrect paychecks every week. Unfair employment practices. Sexist environment.
Cultura laboral
Overall it's a great place to work if you have reliable transportation and patience. They have a great online system and benefits access. My only con is that the hire volume and amount of work available does not match.
Cultura laboral
I worked on the Bank of America Account. The upper management was not respectful and made no effort to change how they engaged with employees. Many of the people in the main office were neither LE, military, nor Certified Guards, and were disrespectful of guards and office staff. My most intense gripe is that they wanted you to work 6 days (banking hours) and they were not accomodating about days off or assisting with splitting shifts to permit appointments. When they called to ask that I work on a scheduled day off (which happened frequently) and I (ocassionaly) said "no, thank you", I was given a guilt-trip about work ethic and told I was a "lousy team player". I hear the company has improved, but I would not rush to work here. Their flex opportunities can have you driving all over the county. The pay is not great. There was no room for advancement. I left in mid-2018. **I took the job because G4S is an international company and I was hoping to get a foot in and do contractor work overseas.
Pros
autonomy, little oversight
no advancement, poor communication
Cultura laboral
great training and experience but wasn't a permanent place for me because of school at the moment, I do believe they could of had better management...
Pros
alot of overtime hours
Contras
management was a revolving door
Cultura laboral
great work when you get hours, but that's a personal problem, and have only been "on call" for all my security jobs. Locations are pristine, but, I tended to get trained on responsibilities, then trains others to my obsolescence.
Pros
2 fifteen minute breaks, 1 thirty minute lunch.
Contras
on duty at all times even when taking a break.
Cultura laboral
If you want a high paying job with G4S you need to be Kris Kyle (former Navy Seal.) An applicant needs to be former Special Forces/ SOCOM, and/or a retired L.E.O in order to qualify for the high paying positions. Some positions requires that the applicant be p.o.s.t certified, and the job only pays $17/hr. I have a degree in Administration of Justice- L.E. Specialization, and a Certificate of Achievement in Investigations Specialization, apart from being P.C. 832 certified. I guess my degree and Certifications don't suffice. I spent four years of my life in college, so that I could stand in front of a bank doing nothing. Lol I guess I'm going to have to enlist in the military special forces for four years, and/ or put myself through a six month basic p.o.s.t academy, so that I can apply for their $17/hr position. Their standards are ridiculously irrational.
Pros
Steady pay. At least they pay you on time.
No future/ no comment.
Cultura laboral
Looking forward for advancement with the company. I enjoy to move around and work with others. I enjoy what I do and like to help others when needed. teamwork is a big part of why I enjoy working for G4S.
Contras
Wish it paid more for my job title
Cultura laboral
This company is a great company for any individual wanting to start a career in law enforcement and protecting all civilians and military personnel. Everyday I enjoyed myself working in this field.
Pros
Free lunch
Nothing to say.
Cultura laboral
Upper management takes little interest in you unless it is a must do. The office has a high turn over rate do to bad management but the field team is great to work with.
Cultura laboral
They offered ideal duty locations. They provided uniforms, and necessary security accessories and required annual training. Some locations were very interesting.
Pros
Good work environment