logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en San Antonio, TX

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 83 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

buenaexcelente

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
excelente ambiente de trabajo, oprtunidades de crecimiento, apoyo de parte de tus superiores, y trato humano y respetuoso

Pros

empresa mundial

hay limitantes de crecimiento

Horrible management

My initial take on the company was one that was positive, but after being with the company for some time now my take is much different. The management team is awful. I know now why they have such a high turnover rate. They only care for themselves.

Pros

Solid officers willing to work as a team

Contras

Horrible management unwilling to work as a team
Cultura laboral

horrible!!!! so unorganized. fired me over dreads and said i didn't give proper notice when i was sick with covid

just horrible. the supervisors to the managers all the way up to corporate! nobody knew what they were doing! they all were very unorganized and nobody ever showed up to work because they quite never approve time off. tried to get you to do something you weren't trained to do and threatened to fire you you didn't do it.

NO BREAKS. no lunch.
Cultura laboral

Good staff, bad management.

Got into this line of work to serve people. The officers that work with you are what make this job tolerable.Supervisors tend to not take feedback into account and management hardly ever follow up with concerns brought up by officers.Just know you will come second to client satisfaction, even if it goes against what you know.Not a terribly difficult line of work if you don’t want to be involved in the daily frustrations.

Pros

Co-workers, simple job, Ot

Contras

Management, feel like you’re not heard, last minute fill ins

Security

typical security officer job low pay, busy schedule little to no organization with schedule. favoritism was rampant (manager gave preferred site to his favorite officer)

Pros

lots of hours

low pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Overall, good.

Overall was a good experience. The pay was average, but the experience I gained from this employer was good. Would return if needed to. The advancement opportunities are also nice.

Depends on the day

If you worked security before it’s not bad at all actually most days were pretty great, but if you’re new to security you will feel growing pains trying to settle in at first for your position

Terrible Corporate Management Team

Let's start here, once you complete the extensive application process, provide the company with all required documents, and complete and PASS the required written tests, they hand you your uniform and equipment in a plastic trash bag. This was the first sign this company hired bodies and not actual officers. There is no work life balance, no shift differential, and zero room for growth. My immediate supervisors were awesome but the corruption came from the higher ups and corporate. They will take and take from you but will never give you a thing. The manager working in corporate is the absolute worst and displays almost zero leadership skills. I have a BA in Criminal Justice with 8 years military experience and have seen a lot of different company cultures, this one is by far the worst. We did a whole class on media management.... I'll leave it at that. Save yourself the time, do physical security somewhere where they at least respect you and their own company enough to at least provide their equipment and uniforms in something other than a trash bag.

Pros

A paycheck (if they don't mess up your timecard which is what happens 99% of the time)

They just need bodies
Cultura laboral

Decent job if you are new to security.

Would recommend you use this job as a stepping stone to other career opportunities in the security field. The pay was the lowest I had seen for the three companies I had interviewed with, but they were the only one who had a site available that worked with my personal schedule. Was hard to get a clear answer over the phone and would have to report to the main office to get issues situated. On the job training was pretty much nonexistent.

Worst place to work at

Work-life balanceWhen you get harassed and you report it for 3 months no one their cares. You will get the response of there are three ways to handle it you quit he quits or you deal with itOverallThey do not care about the person that they've hired you're just a body.... Did you not care about your well-being they do not care about you getting harassed and they do not care about the client
Cultura laboral

Opportunity is there but...

After working with a rival private security company, I had a general idea of what to expect, overall things are not too terribly different. The communication with supervision and mid level managers is pretty good. One glaring thing that needs to be changed is that pay issues seem to be commonplace. I especially have had issues almost EVERY paycheck. Certain codes have to be entered for accurate pay, and for me specifically, there seems to be an issue. If you are dependable, site supervisors really want and need you to fill out their site schedule on a daily basis. If you want to advance with the company, I personally have not seen any opportunity or ways to advance yet. I paid out of my own pocket for levels 3 and 4 commissioned licensing. My recommendation is to have dependable transportation to make it to work every day and on time. Because if not, the other guards have to cover vacant shifts. It’s not back breaking work, relatively simple expectations, I’d recommend taking pride in your appearance in uniform, a fresh and clean appearance does go a long way. Some officers literally take their uniforms out of the trunk of their cars and throw it on as is. Dirty, wrinkled and smelly. Site supervisors could/should enforce that a bit better. Have comfortable shoes. If you have, Major back issues and major problems with your knees and or feet. This might not be the job for you, unless you can fill mobile patrols or CCTV monitoring posts. I’d recommend that retired vets work here. They’ll hire you pretty much on the spot! Very veteran friendly.

Pros

Good benefits available, hours are there if you ask, very veteran friendly!

Contras

Pay issues, HOA’s seem to get in the way at times at certain posts.

Great job location

Manager works with your schedule . If available overtime and you are available. You can make decent money. Try company and make your own decision

Work was ok

people in the office had a grudge agenst me from the start didnt want me there and it took them very long to find a supposed reason to get me out of there

No support from supervisor

Employees do not follow company policies and management does not enforce policies either To much favoritisms by supervisors personal and not being professional

Pros

It’s a job

Favoritisms. Not professional.

You work as a Team.

Days were pretty routine. From time to time something would come up like company functions. People were always friendly. Comradery was always good. You were always able to get your job done.

Pros

Working lunches

short breaks.

Meet great people

I worked at a hospital. Once people know you, you have a great work environment. If you are willing to work Overtime, the extra money is descent. No, PTO. Focus is on contract hours. If time is taken you are asked to make up during week time was taken.

Pros

Great people!

No flexibility with time OFF

loved working for gs4

this job was a great experience for me. I would go back. Flexibility was awesome. My supervisor was very nice and positive polite. Job sights are plentiful.
Cultura laboral

Management sucked, company was okay

The management sucked in that they didn't care about the employees, just a warm body to fill a post. They also didn't care if employees left or not so had a fairly high turn over rate. Overall, I would recommend G4S as a company to go with. Benefits were also decent in that you get vacation time, and a few others.
Cultura laboral

Productive and fun place that doesn't have a ping pong table

This job is a job to work at, like most jobs it offers work for people to do so they can get paid, just like other jobs, it's really what they offer :)

Just my opinion

You may have to work multiple sites to earn 40 hours. They had an armed position for a bank, but I dont think $12 an hour is worth standing for hours and risking your life. And you're supposed to be able to transfer your job to anywhere in the world. But if the office you're transferring to doesnt pick you up then you're unemployed.

No work life balance

They expect you to be a machine who can just work endlessly and not complain or get sick. They think they’re like the military or something, but I got better treatment actually serving. Their hierarchy is a joke. Their area managers for San Antonio are in charge of too many things for their intellect level.
  • Empresas