logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Sacramento, CA

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 59 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Great pay and good 9 to 5 40 hour week with weekends off

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Overall great company with good benefits and pay. Was making 18 an hour 40 hours a week just weeks after getting my guard card and for an unarmed position thats pretty good. The only reason I left was because I needed part time hours and only full time was available

Pros

Pay

Not flexinle

Nope

Was hired on as event security at 17.50 an hr but was stuck at a site making 14.50. There is no communication between management to employees. I tried finding out more on my position because now working here is a financial detriment

Pros

Lot of time because lack if hours
Cultura laboral

Worst Security company to work for

When in the interview they made promises that were all lies. I explained I lived in the south area of Sacramento and they explained they had a post in that area for me, they explained the pay would be good, great benefits and more.. after getting the position for the job I didn’t hear from them in weeks.. after getting a call they tried to place me Eldorado Hills when I explained that’s to far and they explained to me they’ll put me somewhere near they claimed that was a lie and I didn’t hear from them for a couple more weeks til I gotten this post at a hotel. I worked 3 days a week only 12 hrs.. I would request for more hrs and they would never respond! I called off a couple times due to me working outside for 12 hrs and catching a cold during the winter time.. the captain threatened to report me to HR.. smh poor company, poor communication just horrible. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone

Pros

No pros

Poor communication
Cultura laboral

Awful and dreadful company lo work for

They lie too much. They told me it was a orientation but it was 40 hour I had to take again. Because they misread or didn't understand what the bsis says about officer who already have a guard card. And they wanted to fire me because I had my own security bomber jacket. Last but not least everybody had a attitude problems and they said we get paid every Monday when its Friday once every two weeks

Contras

Management sucks, attitude problems, uneducated, liars and they treat you like your recyclable
Cultura laboral

Good if you are a solitary individule

Armed guards make $100 a day. The bank is open 6 days a week, and you are required to be there 6 days a week. You are not allowed to leave the bank (for any reason). The supervisor is required to stand your post in emergencies. Don't make the supervisor an enemy.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

What a joke

Stay away from G4S, worse company ever! Very broken managment, no raises, no competitive pay, benefits are worthless, managers treat you very poorly..

Pros

No pros!

They lie!

Ethical company

From the top down, this company practices good ethics and encourages that in their Supervisors. Supervisors are given real responsibility and held accountable by Management. Overall, G4S is a fantastic company to work for.

G4S largest security company globally

I am proud to be a part of the team! G4S offers excellent benefits for their full time employees. They hire from within so there is room for advancement.

Productive company

Very flexible and productive and honset they help you where you need to be and give you a site that closer or best for you not all site are the best but g4s will help you get where you need to be

Great accounts

I had made so many connections with this company, had developed lots of long term friends out of coworkers. We seem to bump into each other down the road outside of G4S. And we reminisce about the past working together and had great memories and stories to share. The accounts were a great variety to work. Therefore you can learn more about more environments to gain more experiences in.
Cultura laboral

Low pay, poor management communication

Was promised 16.60 a hr only get that at "temporary sites" other wise its 13 a hr. Its almost impossable to reach my operations manager. There is no communication amungst management. For a world wide corperation its very disorginized at least in the sacramento area.

hmm

I honestly like G4S so far I haven't been an employee for too long but there are a few things that I wish they could and would change as far as scheduling I feel like it doesn't matter to them when it comes to work life balance

Pros

nice pose

work life balance
Cultura laboral

Awesome people, yet detached corporate string-pullers

The local office and fellow officers are amazing people. But from the get go, my supervisors constantly complained about corporate not knowing how to manage them. They requested a stool for me to sit due to my military-related disability and they said not a chance. They claim to be an EOE yet make no effort to help with anyone of Protected Veteran Status. Again, my supervisors did everything they could. In the end, corporate immediately and blindly dropped the ball.
Cultura laboral

Poor branch of the company

I worked for the Sacramento office. I also worked for them in Charleston, WV which was a good experience. But this is for the Sacramento office. The bottom line is I had too many bosses. I was hired to be an armed Customs Protection Officer, but I was also cross trained to be a Bank Protection Officer. I was constantly being jerked around and rescheduled in the middle of the week with barely any notice and hardly ever worked the site I was hired on for. There’s a silver lining, however. Since I left, the operations manager, payroll person and HR Manager were fired. Okay, that’s not a silver lining, just funny. The real silver lining is that they lost the contract to the site I was supposed to be assigned to, and I got hired on with the company that now has the contract, and they pay more money. The Sacramento office loses major contracts all the time, and that sums up the problem with the branch: it’s a global company, so they have the money to screw around and lose contracts all the time. If the Sacramento office was the entirety of the company, they would have closed down years ago.

Pros

I was going to say direct deposit, but they lost my sheet with my sensitive bank info so I got paper checks the whole time.

Contras

Literally everything. Terrible experience.
Cultura laboral

Not a good company to work for especially as an officer

If I was able to NOT give even 1 star I would have been happier. However, I had to give 1 star in order to move on with this rating. G4s is NOT a company I would recommend to anyone, not even my worst enemy. G4s does not give sick days, they do not pay for meetings as stated, they take forever to pay for the training that has been completed. When a vacation is taken they take way too long to pay for that when it should be paid out the following week you take it. The people in the office have NO CUSTOMER SKILLS whatsoever. The account managers keep getting promoted even when they DO NOT PERFORM THEIR DUTIES. G4s does not respect or appreciate the officers who put their time and effort in especially when they make sacrifices of their family, friends, days off, and in general. They do not give the officers with seniority to move to a certain shift, they lie saying there's opportunity to get promoted, move up the company, get the shift you want, and great benefits. When officers are reported for NOT PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES, NOTHING HAPPENS TO THAT OFFICER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WERE REPORTED SLEEPING IN THEIR PERSONAL VEHICLE!! DO NOT APPLY WITH G4S!!!!

Everything is wrong with them especially the Sacramento Branch
Cultura laboral

I like G4S. Very good company and staff. I recommend to work there.

One of the best security company in the World. If you are a veteran or former police Officer or Have previously Military experience I would recommend to go and work there.

Pros

High pay rate and plenty of overtime if you want to.

The uniform was to hot.

G4s Security

This company is unprofessional, lack of communication, and they don't care for they employers. I normally don't talk about job but this job is useless you have to kiss butt in order to move up. We had 4 guards leave the site cause of the STUPIDITY of the company The HR department is TRASH! They would say anything to get you off the phone, and I'M LEAVING THIS JOB! P.S. Do Better Are just dont hire nobody.

Waste of time

I busted my $^# I worked 16 hrs shifts 3 weeks with no days off for 6 months (covering people who called off). I tried to be outstanding guard . afterwards to be thrown under the buss. I declined to drive 40 miles to work . 3 weeks later no reply from supervisor . I call the Company they stated you don't work here anymore >!
Cultura laboral

Do not apply you’ll regret it!

Honestly for G4S to be my first security job it was terrible. I didn’t hear from them for a month after I got hired and when they did place me somewhere it was far from my neighborhood and I was getting paid a dollar more than minimum wage! The wage and hours I was getting barely covered the cost to travel to work let alone pay bills. After that contract was up I was placed on a “special” where day in and day out I was flat out being harassed and when I spoke to all of the leads in G4S about no one cared to escalate the situation which actually resulted in me being removed from the site because, “I was the problem”. The last straw for me was for about 2 months G4S “didn’t have a site for me to work at” so instead of communicating the issue they all chose to deliberately ignore me even when I stepped into their office in Arden. If you want to experience having your captains ignore you and put you in desperate situations maybe this job is for you. Personally I need stability and responsible adults who can communicate with me regularly about issues that are going on.

Pros

Travel

Everything about the company

Despicable

Was wrongful terminated because I am an overweight non heterosexual male. Wrongful claimed that i told the client that I would sleep at night during shifts. I worked graveyard shifts i had very little to no contact with the client

Pros

You get a check

My job posting

My job posting or locations was great. People that I worked for are very nice. They treated Security great.Conditions were very accommodating and work station great.

Pros

People I worked with are great.
  • Empresas