logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Rochester, NY

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 22 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It’s a big security company that’s been around for quite some time. They treated me well and I got a lot of overtime pay when I worked there. Good place to start out in security.

Do not waste your time.

G4S is horrible with communcation. They constantly mess with your schedule and it don't matter to them if it works for you ot not. I have been with this company going on 2 years and lately it has gone down hill badly. I am leaving this company as soon as I find another job. The pay sucks. I wouldn't recommend nobody to this company at all.

Pros

It's a job.

Everything.

Not to bad

The building I am assigned to is very quiet. Work the morning shifts on the weekends though. The building employees are great to work with. Some of the other guards assigned to the account aren't so great.
Cultura laboral

worst company to work for

Worst company to work for Always had to work double shifts do to everyone always calling in also if you needed time off for a appointment they wouldn't approve you to have the time off and pay was the worst
Cultura laboral

Productive and competitive place to work

Very good place to gain experience for the future. Other security guards and supervisors are very nice. Sometimes the hours are long but its well worth it at the end of the week.

Pros

Great experience

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Depends on loaction

My location was one of the worst locations there was. Supervisor has no idea what he is doing, does not like confrontation, is unable to reprimand employees, unable to follow rules, can not get employees to follow the guide lines of company or contractor, lets employees to sleep on the job and does not punish.

Pros

Get to know the drivers

To many to write

ok

The job is good at times when they don't run you into the ground. Make sure you know what you are doing. The company is good..

excellent employer

great work environment ..... excellent employees ..... great training programs for employees and staff , always complimented on the professional job that was delivered to our clients

Personal experience

My experience that management doesn't look out for the employees best interest. Its all about keeping contracts for the company. The hardest part of the day is knowing that the employees you are there to make free safe don't care for you or why your there.

Contract

Contract Security so no union, no benefits, minimal pay. Management can be great or horrible. Hours are flexible and over time can be easily had.
Cultura laboral

Challenging with no support and limited training.

A typical day varies greatly depending on the behavior of the young people, as I was a stronger and more competent member of staff I was place on the units with the most challenging young people. I mastered deescalating hostile situation and dealing with working under intense pressure in a challenging environment. My co workers were highly motivated hard working, the hardest part of the job was dealing with violent offenders on a daily basis, help young people realize and achieve there potential.

Pros

30 days annual leave

Contras

minimal support from senior managment team

stressful environment

Dealing with the everyday life of the RTS transit center people. Everyday is a different day and comes with different challenges and comes entirely difficult to deal with mentally and physically.

Stable job

This is a very stable job, easy work, good pay. Different scenery is an option because you can switch between sites. Nice people.

Pros

easy work

short breaks

Great enviroment

G4s is nice company to work for. I did not have my security license but g4s helped me obtain it to start working and I work multiple sites so different work enviroments

Pros

Different sites

short breaks

Stable job

Good work environment. Nice people. Honest work. Very good first spot to do security, not too many problems to deal with.
Cultura laboral

I work outside in all kinds of weather at Sub Station power plants puting in Camera Systems and Card Access Systems

Primary Duties Self perform and manages subcontractors in installation of intrusion detection, access control, CCTV and data communication systems. Work on-site which includes installation and configuration of the head end of computer systems, termination and calibration of field devices and sensors. Complete job status reports, travel expense reports, safety logs. Assists system engineers with site surveys and installation plans.

Pros

Making a secure area

Contras

working outside in all kinds of weather.

People skills required

A typical day at work involved observing and (being observed) and reporting suspicious activity. Some managers were okay but uptight. Others were casual. Co-workers were sociable and cordial. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people and their resistance to authority. The most enjoyable part was working overnight when most people were asleep. I learned how to better communicate and interact with people on a one-on-one basis or a group.

Pros

easy overnight hours

Contras

you spend as much time being watched as you do watching. you're forced to cover your own butt.

Time consuming

This job is is worked alone most of the time and is very time consuming.
Cultura laboral

Good company that compensates workers fairly

G4S is a great company. The management is accessible and easy to talk to. Training was concise and presented in an easy to understand way. Those employed by the company took their jobs seriously and were very good about covering shifts for people calling in sick. There is money to be made if you have an open availability calendar. I had to leave my latest post because the distance from my home to my post was not economically feasible. It was no reflection on G4S.

Pros

Fair compensation, Good management, Reputable company

Contras

None that don't come with working security for any company
Cultura laboral

Great management and a good team to work with.

When we were working in the field, we would go directly to the site. Work would consist of installing security panels, thermal and ptz cameras and maintenance of the security infrastructure. I learned a great deal about wiring security equipment and proper voltages for certain applications.I had an awesome project manager as well as a capable team who were very easy to get along with. The most difficult part of the job would be the lack of training. But the most enjoyable part would be seeing the completion of projects and learning new skills.

Pros

Lots of work

Lack of training

productive and fun

Its reallt nice you could meet all types of people,pay is not bad.
  • Empresas