logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Raleigh, NC

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 68 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Good place to work if you want to work overtime and don't need time off

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I feel safe in my job because I produce high stats and work hard. I am not in fear of loosing my job. If you are not a producer or hard worker, you will not last. I do feel that G4S guides you in the process of taking on new work and new assignments. If you work hard, you will be given lots of opportunities to take on new challenges. New work does not equal a raise in pay. I have been with the company for a couple of years and have not received a raise. In fact, we all took a pay-cut due to the Covid-19 virus. Yet my responsibilities have increased steadily. Your "quarantined days off" are every other Sunday and Monday. Don't count on them. You will need to be checking your schedule and email everyday. They will pay you for checking it! If you know your job and do it, you will be busy. You will not be micro-managed at all. You have the freedom to work your cases your way. Just get results. If you need advise or supervision, you will receive it. If I call my boss, he answers. If I need to call the Regional Vice President, she answers. If I have a question, I get an answer. The company will stand behind you. I had a false complaint made from someone who did not like how their Work Comp case was heading. I was notified and asked what happen. I told them what happened and the company stood their ground and supported me. Including going out of their way to let the Client know that they did not believe the complainant and that they did not think I would have conducted myself as reported. I know I am a valued team member and supported!You will be -

Pros

Lots of work! Lots of work! LOTS OF WORK! When you work, you get paid for every minute! They have your back!

Contras

Don't expect a raise. Don't expect lots of time off.
Cultura laboral

poor management, poor HR department, no paid days off.

They will not pay you if you have experience in investigations or an advanced degree. The training is done remotely. You must purchase all of your equipment on your own dime and will not be reimbursed. I got COVID while working and did not get compensated while I was sick. HR did not respond when I sent an email regarding workers comp for me getting COVID. Poor management they only communicate with you when you are favored. The case managers barely respond and give no insight. Overall a very bad place to work, the pay is garbage, the management is awful, and they will send an investigator to watch you if your activity rate is not high enough. Lastly they do not reimburse for any car services at all, but they claim they do when you're hired.

Contras

They consistently change your schedule and do not notify you.

Poor communication

Communication and training is very poor. During training, they promise that you will be trained on all aspects of your job and then the actual training is rushed and not thorough. Most of your job you will have to learn as you go, on your own. Team leads cannot help answer any questions about the job so if you need help you will be given the runaround. Management makes lots of promises yet never follows through. Lots of overtime will be expected of you so work life balance is poor. Pay is very low for the amount of work you will do each day. They keep loading on more and more work, making it very stressful to get all of your work done. The biggest issue here is really how poorly managed this place is.

Pros

Working from home occasionally

Contras

Poorly managed, poor training, low pay

3/10 stars.

This company for over a year and a half, you can understand your job through and through, and do it to the best of your ability, and it never gets recognized. Most the managers at each site treat their employees badly. The benefits arent that good. I was told they’ll be flexible when i began school and they aren’t at all, literally had to deny a 20k annual scholarship. Home office is always great but it’s the site managers who shouldnt really have their jobs.Edit- I got covid from my workplace and they refuse to accept their faults and I didn’t get ANY PAY while I was out sick. Definitely finding a new job as they lost all respect from me.

Pros

decent pay

Terrible management, inconsistent

Lacking Humanity & Continuity

Lets begin, I started as an investigator, SIU Hybrid with G4s Compliance & Investigations. I was supposed to get my assignments in my area, instead I was on the road constantly, living in hotels for three weeks at a time & driving anywhere from 300 to 400 miles one-way (they will destroy your car). On my days off, I would drive home for one or two days Off and head right back out 300-400 miles. in April, management laid off employees illegally, promising them employment back, and doing the exact opposite. Management Instead never informed the employees, there was work- and when confronted only offered part-time.

Lacking Humanity & Continuity
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Not Full-Time

Great place to work if you want to work from home, but your hours are based on how good you are compared to others. You're graded and rated on everything you do and then you're given work based on your grade or rating compared to others in the company. If you do not rate high scores - you may receive half time hours or less, even if you're hired as a full time employee. Three months in the hourly pay was actually reduced. Gas compensation was reduced. That was a first! The managers are very strict on standards and will deduct your grade for common mistakes. Even if you accidently enter your time sheet wrong - your grade will reduce. Lower your grade the closer you are to being fired and I mean quickly. That is after they give you ten hours a week of work. However, the managers will help you with what you need to know, if you ask.

Pros

Flexibility

Hours, benefits, pay

Management is unfair

Would not recommend this company. Very closed minded people. Management is all one sided. Management doesn't return emails or phone calls. This company has problems

Contras

No lunch breaks, or breaks at all.

Great Wear and Tear of personal vehicle

Working at G4S Compliance & Investigations will allow you at entry level to obtain experience in minor fraud investigations. The pay is decent for an entry level position. However there is a cap. Apart from that there will be great wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Cases scheduled every day may require you to drive 80 miles in a day or more.

Poor Compensation

Since being taken over by a large company several years ago, it is nearly impossible to get an increase in pay, even if you are a diligent worker. Good money keeps quality workers!
Cultura laboral

Not as good as they made it out to be

During the interview it was made out like it was such a fabulous place to work where everyone loves their job. Now I'm not an idiot, and I know that in this line of work their will be headaches, and issues to deal with and that the job would be far from what was described. But to be completely honest, this is one of the worst companies I have worked for, the pay is laughable compared to other companies which they call competitive, the workload is massive, and ever changing. The only decent thing that I have found is I known for certain what 4 days I will have off each month.

Fast paced

Too many managers and supervisors and often over lapping instructions.check your payroll regularly .. supervisors forget to put time you worked in..I was a member of deployment team...good assignment but same as regular too many overlapping instructions.. information company wide always inconsistent.

Horrible

Don't do it. It's that simple. I would not recommend it for any reason. There are way too many issues there. Truly would take forks to my eyeballs repeatedly before working there. It truly is that bad.

Horrible Company

Management doesn't care if you're happy with the work conditions, pay, etc. and they want you to know it. Raises and promotions are almost non-existent. Take this job if you're desperate but keep applying with other companies.
Cultura laboral

Entry level position in the industry

There is great potential in the people who run each department but lack of communication causes friction and effects the people they manage in a negative way.
Cultura laboral

Competitive with a good work-life balance

This is a great company to work for you get what you what you want you can't sit back and wait for it to come to you you have to be a go-getter and look for positions to advance to

Pros

Good work-life balance benefits are good

Contras

My biggest complaint would be you're unable to get a hold of people .
Cultura laboral

Good place to work with minimal oversight

One must have the ability to work without oversight. Once must be self motivated and have the ability to get the job done. Communication is key in providing to the client an update to allow them to make appropriate claim administration decisions.

Pros

Work remotely from home, ability to set own schedule

Below average compensation

Differnt but same.

Working with G4S was a good overall experience with not a lot of good oversight or advancement opportunities. the Security work part was in line with my experience; however was not utilized to what I could do and was based of what they needed done.

Fun

I enjoyed working for G4S Surveillance and Investigations. It was a very challenging environment. It brought me closer to the criminal justice field.
Cultura laboral

Worst experience of my life!

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. No support from management. Management continuously changing employee expectations without communication.

Pros

Salary is okay

Contras

terrible managers, cut throat culture, integrity is lost by managers

not a job for everyone

I spent the majority of my time working here traveling when I was told upon hire that I would stay close to my home. They do not hold true to their words. They do not give raises instead they give every excuse not to.

plenty of events

I hated working at G4S, my field supervisor was nasty had zero patients and overall rude. I was in training for 3 days for surveillance and I was an SIU investigator they gave me two hours of training in three days for SIU, while I sat in surveillance training classes for three days wasting my time. I was not a surveillance employee. I felt like they through me out in the field with a supervisor who assumed I had proper training. It was a set up to fail. And I did. Then I fell and was injured and had to leave the job anyway. It was a horrible experience.

Pros

there were none, the pay was good

Contras

managment and field supervisor was a nasty man, the case managers were no better.
  • Empresas