logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Portland, OR

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 61 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones

Never bored

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
There are always jobs that you are able to do on your time off (overtime). It is nice because it takes you out of your routine. You can also request to be moved to a are area and they will try to accommodate the move.

I love G4S Secure Solutions

This is a great company , i love this job i deferentially will recommend to friends and family. room for growth and great opportunities. Fast Paced Friendly steady people oriented Great company

Great atmosphere.

My typical work day is to sign in on the company phone, call the lead officer and let them know I'm onsite.Set up my Security Officer's Report form, check email's on whether there are any special events happening. Allow people in before the doors open (open at 8a.m.) for testing or meetings as needed. Once the doors unlock on the timer I help customers with directions, where to find Lost And Found. Help get them proper forms such as a claims form or a form for the transit lift program if they have a disability. My management team is awesome. If I need a day off due to a family medical issue they are always there to say go and take care of your family first. Hardest part of my job is getting customers to understand some things are beyond my control. Such as the Lost And Found department being closed and wanting their item. Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers, clients and other personnel and helping them.

Pros

Free bus pass.

Customers at times.
Cultura laboral

Those in the offices make the job unbearable

The supervisors try there best to keep up with all the locations they have to manage but they all get overwhelmed at a certain point and quit. Those in the office in Portland don't seem to have a good idea of how to be productive and/or effective. I had little respect for those that work in the office since i never felt very respected by them.

Pros

It's a job and can help you pay bills.

Contras

You can really only afford to pay your bills.

Professional Platform

Great opportunity for those with a military background to get a good job and build security experience. The people I personally work with are great. The benefits program however is extremely weak.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

To many unknowns with company

Good short term job. If your planning on going to school or just in between jobs . Only good pay is on a very few select contracts. And the pay on others is no way enough for the job.

Good as far as the Security Industry Goes;

I thought G4S was a pretty good company to work for as far as the security industry goes. There were a few problems with management for the area, but I am not sure what they were exactly.

Pros

Above average compensation for the industry, ample hours, decent work/life balance, strong culture of ownership and employee engagment

Contras

Issues with paperwork getting lost or not turned in, still security

Working Conditions Vary Based on Contract

Security work is contract work and each contract is different from one another. Some contracts will have you working with others as part of a team, while others have you working on your own on some posts. Clients go to G4S for a professional experience and the Portland office has gone through some changes to make their support to their officers better. It's by no means perfect, but it has improved since I started last year.
Cultura laboral

Way to much turnover and pay seems low for some post.

Overall It's not a bad job but it could be better with higher pay. Depending on the shift the pay does not even remotely match the level of work you are doing.

Pros

great starter job in security.

low pay vs work load

Bad Management

Be wary and going knowing that it's a bad place. People going behind your back and stabbing you is a common practice. Area Supervisors talk about the officers in the office. Management doesn't care about you, miss a few shifts and all of a sudden you're a horrible worker. No effort is put forth to see why you missed a shift or called off.

Pros

Theres always work

Horrible Management
Cultura laboral

Worked security at an industrial site.

I worked security at an industrial site, and did access control, some patrolling, and monitored Life Safety Systems (LSS). The challenge at the site was becoming familiar with the post orders and the procedures, but it was pretty routine after that.

Pros

Lots of time to study.

Low pay.
Cultura laboral

Working with fellow Security Officers in a professinalmanner.

You would check in with your security badge , log in on computer. Relieve officer from previous shift depending on agreed 2 hour rotation you would either start at lobby checking CCTV monitors, monitor people checking in with ID badges. Or you would do exterior patrolling of grounds and interior of building.

Pros

Day shift

Grave yard shift

Bad company

They are a bad company two work for and I would not recommend them for a job now or forever they are a terrible company two work for and they are disorganized

Expand skills

The company was good to work for just looking to expand my skills. I have been a security manager for 3 years with the company and looking to expand my skills else where.

Bad management

Portland office has an extremely high turn over rate it's extremely unprofessional. Doesn't fix half of the problems it created it's employees and does everything last minute.

Pros

Pay

Contras

Bad management, nothing gets done or fixed

Relaxed place ti work

Great job. I would still be working there if I didn't move across the country. Loved my co-workers and the site I secured. I think it depends on your assignment of you will love the job or not.

Stable

This company is great for something stable. You could come in and work your scheduled hours and days and everything is great there would be times of mandatory over time which would suck but they were pretty good at rotating who had to stay which is nice.
Cultura laboral

Overall

Overall working with G4S isnt all that bad, however, the upper management is always having issues with retaining people due to them delivering on contract promises
Cultura laboral

Poorly managed and places low value on employees

I was hired and signed a contract for a certain rate of pay, and then was never paid that. Instead I was transfered around for a few weeks to fill in for other people, working at a lower rate than I signed up for, then was never offered a permanent position. The stopped returning my calls and never gave me any more work.
Cultura laboral

A respectable place to get started in Security

G4S is the largest security company in the world, and it shows. G4S is able to offer many things that other security companies struggle with. Uniforms and equipment will be provided, In-house training is the norm. The biggest thing that G4S brings to the table, for many security officers, is the opportunity for constant work. There is very little having to wait by the phone hoping for a call. If you want to work 40+ hours a week, that can nearly always be arranged. There are some issues with being the biggest company in a field though. The in-house training, for example, is heavily tailored to working at G4S, rather than teaching state-wide rules and regulations. This means that while your certifications are transferable to another company, your actual training may not be. You will be provided with a uniform, but getting it replaced can be troublesome, and they may not have the right one for your assigned site available right away. Advancement is another issue. If you are a motivated self-starter, you may find it frustrating trying to advance. Once you are in a contract, it can be difficult to move to another one, and may not be possible at all to advance within that contract. Advancement is available, but you cannot expect that advancement to be smooth or rapid. Additionally, you may find yourself working with people who are far from ideal coworkers. Because G4S has contracts of all sorts, spread out across the state, they are forced to be in a constant state of hiring. They also lose some of their ability to be selective in choosing applicants. As pay is kept low, -

Pros

Training and equipment provided, job experience, transferable between states

Contras

Low advancement, high turnover, indifferent management

poor comunication

There is a lot of empty promises, even when paperwork in involved. I was told I had a spot at a particular location and they filled it while I was at training for the National Guard. I don't trust any one above me. I work here to pay bills and improve my skills on working with people.
  • Empresas