G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Portland, OR

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 61 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.287 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
There are always jobs that you are able to do on your time off (overtime). It is nice because it takes you out of your routine. You can also request to be moved to a are area and they will try to accommodate the move.
Cultura laboral
Always getting called in on your days off because someone didn’t show. If your relief doesn’t show up, you can’t go home. Manager is constantly tinkering with the schedule, sometimes changing your shift on your day off, then not letting you know that your next at-work shift has changed. No advancement opportunities. High turnover because of low pay, low morale, and ever-increasing work responsibilities. You have to sign away your rights to breaks and lunches in order to get hired, because providing you with breaks would “create a hardship” for the company. So you work 8-12 (sometimes 16) hours with no breaks. You get vacation time, but you can never use it because your site is always under-staffed.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want the extra money
Contras
No breaks, expensive healthcare, low pay, no opportunity for advancement
Cultura laboral
Good pay for what you do and as long as you're a competent person you'll go far. However, if you are not. You will not make it far and will hinder everyone as some sites are team oriented.
Pros
Pay and Hours
Incompetent employees
Cultura laboral
If you aren’t part of the management you get treated poorly. Always calling you in on your days off. Writing you up for petty things . I was sent home for flu like symptoms and when I came back they tried to write me up for not calling off on time...
Pros
Pay
Contras
The insurance is outrageous the job is boring. Scheduler is unprofessional
Cultura laboral
great job. had fun at this job. would do again. benefits are great. pay is great. managers work with your schedule very well. i would defintly recommend this position to people
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Management does not care about you. Training is a joke. In my training class a guy was literally falling a sleep in the class and the trainer didn't care she just kept reading the Powerpoint. I asked for new a uniform over a week ago and I never heard anything back, but" we'll see what we can do". I was also given a used uniform. How do I know it was used? I found a CPR card in the pocket of the uniform. That is disgusting! Thank god. I only wore it twice before I noticed.
Pros
Short hours
Contras
Management just wants bodies with a pulse
Cultura laboral
I worked the bank contracts, it looks easy enough standing around all day at a bank. But it's harder than it looks. Standing out in the elements is rough on freezing or sweltering days. Get some comfortable shoes and gear, because after a while the vest and gun belt weigh you down and cause back pain. The managers i worked with were great (Waterman at the time) and did well to cater to your needs. Days off and vacations were easy to get so long as you plan ahead. You will need your own vehicle, unless you want to bus it everywhere. You will likely go to all metro areas, unless you want to be set up for just one bank. No compensation for fuel, unless you're a supervisor. Bank staff you have to interact with can vary.. most were cool and polite, others were rude jerks with a sense of entitlement of being a Bank Employee as opposed to a.. so called security guard. Some go so far as to not even trust you, and will do everything they can to not give you a set of temporary bank keys (it always fails because we need them per bank contract). Regarding corporate G4S, they treat you like a number and have no issue screwing you over, should the time come. Considering you are there to be a target, you can decide if it's worth the potential danger.
Pros
Being in the outdoors on a nice day
Contras
Being outdoors on a terrible day
Cultura laboral
Management in some scenarios was lacking. Overall training was good and working with various clients was an appealing part of the job. Having a sense of importance for the public meant a lot for me.
Cultura laboral
Job can be very boring at times. Long periods of no human contact. Self supervised, must be able to keep self motivated. Must be able to pay attentive and alert at all times.
Cultura laboral
I was recruited to G4S for a new job. I was provided the ability to build my team and department with full support. Team was and is very successful. Wish I would have never left.
Cultura laboral
Discipline and getting fired doesn't exist they'll just move idiots to other sites. They don't worry about putting good people at the site. Difficult.
Cultura laboral
I worked on the security hospital contract for 4 years and my experiences and skills I learned were more then just security and very helpful if I was to change careers
Cultura laboral
The company and management does not care about you, everyone is always quitting and your pay is Always messed up for some reason. Forget about the company trying to help you solve those problems cause they seem to not care what so ever. They will Wright you up for any to BTW so watch out. 2 out of 5 would not recommend.
Cultura laboral
Depending on the location you work at will depend on the level of skills and attentiveness you will have to apply to the job. Since you are contracted out and depends on what the client wants
Cultura laboral
G4s is a great security company to work for, everyone is your family! We all get alone and find great ways to help and secure others. I wouldn't rather work for any other security company. 😊
Cultura laboral
G4S says they will take care of you such as Insurgence medical,dental and vision. However you do not make enough to pay for their insurance and when you have 3 kids like myself you can not afford it on the wage you are paid. As well as allot of favoritism that leads to promotions and advancement in the workplace.
Cultura laboral
My Job was a Security. My responsibility was to maintain the safety of the public and to keep everyone safe and secure the max and platform and make the passengers safe
Cultura laboral
The only complaint would be that corporate would not back up what the worksite wanted to do to help out employees at the site like me coming back to a desk position after having my amputation.
Pros
Great people to work with
Corporate
Cultura laboral
I work 72 hours a week (4 12 hour and 3 8 hour shifts). Had to cancel vacation plans 3 years in a row. I have put in my notice to quit. No advancement. G4S does not care about it's employees
Cultura laboral
Not applicable - the company went through a nation wide reduction in workforce. My position was eliminated. I have nothing negative to say about the company.
Cultura laboral
Slow paced, minimum wages even working @ Portland Oregon, you moved around any location they covered, no day and night differential on pay rate..I’m done