G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Omaha, NE

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 81 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I work for a company that has great benefits but the hourly pay does not balance with the cost of living. Depending on work location you may be paying to work with the cost of gas as if this date $2.79. They do not pay for years of experience so most of what they hire is the service they get. Not good. I believe this is a position for those who are retired or for the younger generation to get their foot in the door to Law Enforcement, make money and start saving.
Pros
I get to meet new people every day.
The pay.
Cultura laboral
There's not really much room for advancement, if your relief officer doesn't show up you will be stuck working a double, area supervisor never gets back in a timely manner and is usually unreachable. Overall it wasn't a great job however with all the overtime pay it is a good way to stockpile money since you won't have time for a social life
Cultura laboral
In terms of working stateside and not working on a government contract, it’s hard to find any company that pays as well as G4S. There’s always work for you too.
Cultura laboral
This was my first security job. I was promoted to supervisor after 4 years, no prior security or supervisor experience. I have made the most of my opportunities, and am happy here.
Pros
Great pay. Great people. Room for growth.
Contras
Benefits could be better.
Cultura laboral
Apply only if your short on cash. They only allowe millatry and ex police officers move up. They will over work you if you let them. No sick days, PTO, or any days off. If you dont work you dont get paid.
Pros
Always have a job.
Contras
No life, no paid pto, and no vacation.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
No benefits, good luck getting a day off and not getting written for it it unless its 2 months in advance notice. Youll be called daily to come in early, stay late, or cover other shifts. If you don't they will start finding anything to mark you as a bad employee. Complete lack of care for anything beyond just covering shifts to the bare minimum, this includes training. No raises available, no PTO, no paid sick. If you do call in for any reason you'll get 4-5 calls to come in anyways and told its your responsibility. A coworkers parent passed away and they still wrote him up for calling in.
Pros
Beyonded showing up and staring at a wall, no expectation.
Contras
No raises, no PTO, no sick days.
Cultura laboral
ManagementIn general, managers at G4S were unprofessional, inconsistent, and rude. Communication on their behalf was horrible and they would blame you for it. I don’t recommend working for G4S unless you’re okay with being treated and valued less of what you deserve.
Cultura laboral
You are just an employee not a human being and any personal or family issues you may face you will face them on your own. They have hardly any benefits and anytime you need sick days they reprimand you for it. The supervisors love guilt tripping you so you work more hours. S harassment is a big thing here and even if you complain they do nothing about it. Most the time when you were placed on a job they give you absolutely no information on what you’re doing or how to do it. Other kids that they hire are entry level and have no motivation to work so you end up picking up the slack. G4s has too many contracts and spots that need to be filled that they cannot provide the staffing that the contract requires. They give you no heads up or information on when the contract is ending so you end up out of work.
Pros
Good pay
Awful work environment
Cultura laboral
G4S employees will have different workplace experiences based on which site they work(ed) at, as will pay, hours, work schedule, and customer relationships as well. Some sites require long hours meanwhile others are typical 8-hour shifts.First of all, the management is atrocious. You're just a number they can write off in their books. The main office where regional managers are located is disorganized and lack communication skills with employees in the field. Numerous times I have tried to reach out to regional management with no success. I've left voicemails and messages with the front desk and still get put off. Security Management on site rather depends who exactly is in charge, but you'll more than likely be met with action of just being another number. Hardly even a good morning or a wave from management in passing. These folks also have discretion upon holiday and performance/incentive bonuses too and if you have a poor manager you'll never see the money. Supervisors are excellent, (from my experience) they are the ones who have spent the most time in your shoes, they're incredibly relatable, super laid back and just fun to laugh and joke with for the most part as long as you can still maintain that distinction between work and "play." I cannot speak on account of workplace benefits, for I opted out of mine. There is almost no room for advancement. Unless someone higher quits or essentially dies, and even then they'll more than likely bring someone from outside of your site before promoting within. The job/workplace culture is mostly sad in nature. Most employees don't - más...
Pros
Relatable Supervisors, Coworkers who make the workplace more fun, Good schedule/hours
Contras
Poor Management, Less than desirable pay (site specific), Sometimes hard to enjoy a day off when you're paranoid about a phone call
Cultura laboral
All around good company but management within your sites needs work. Also job advancement needs work too, site seniority should not be the deciding factor of who gets new job advancement first. The company needs to work on communication.
Pros
Overtime
No breaks, Poor Communication
Cultura laboral
This was a great company to work for. The pay was more than I expected. The health benefits were excellent. There was always someone there to assist if I ran into a problem. I would still be there if not for the budget cuts. My position was one of the many that were eliminated.
Cultura laboral
Most of the sites here in Omaha are pretty slow paced. They can come off kind of boring at times but some people enjoy that type of work. The company is fine, its your standard business with a bottom line.
Cultura laboral
They let you work all the overtime you could they are very very flexible they treat you like you are always number one no matter what I am that person who cares about everyone
Cultura laboral
If you don’t want freedom and want to be miserable then work here. It’s absolutely horrible here and there background checks are the most annoying thing ever
Everyt
Cultura laboral
They were clear on my duties and continuously pushed me to be better at my job. Hours were kind of bad but the people I watched over were friendly and helped me succeed.
Pros
Work enviorment
Contras
Pay was a little low for the hours I worked
Cultura laboral
Don't bother wasting your time with this company, they did me wrong not once, not twice, but several times. Many times I was promised a position at a site only to be shafted and given a temporary less favorable post. On call was my usual, it took me 6 years to finally achieve a steady stable schedule ( which btw was initially supposed to be static), only to be not fired, but ""removed from site"" over an incident I had no control over. Rather than hearing me out they worded things in a way question wise that would incriminate me and wouldn't give me a chance to explain or present my contradictory proof that'd clear me name. Onto the ""removed from site"" bit, G4S doesn't "fire" you, they simply remove you from site and offer you a shady 8-16 hour a week post with lower pay to avoid paying unemployment which btw they will fight if you file for. The managers I worked for were all incompetent, rude, and unprofessional jerks for lack of a better word. 6 years and I was only worth a quick boot and an overnight post 8-16 hours a week. Their treatment of employees is absolute garbage. Avoid working here if you actually want job security cause ironically it's not found here.
Cultura laboral
i love this job it was good place to work at. if you have a security background they will hire you. try your luck i'm sure they will hire you. Able to move up as you learn.
Cultura laboral
Felt he was threatened by my computer knowledge, and he drank on the job. Previous Supervisor was Great. Treated me respectively, courteous all the time. No problem with Case New Holland employees, staff. Loved my job until Supervisor change.
Cultura laboral
Since the end of my studies, the work that I have occupied is a very important place in my daily life. G4S has made my border between my studies and the world of work quite transparent for more than a year.
Cultura laboral
Been working for G4S and I have nothing bad to say. G4S gives you opportunity’s to help out in your community or other places that need help. The benefits are pretty nice also!
Cultura laboral
At G4S there is always problem solving which keeps things interesting. The difficult part is the companies uncertainty and promoting from within. They have a lot of great people to work with and for, so that makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Work Remotely
Promoting from within