logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Nashville, TN

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 115 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones

Not what it promises

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I was thrown into what was described to me as a “hostile” environment with little training outside of my prior knowledge. They love to hire ex military so if that’s you then here you go. Throughout the pandemic I was provided one mask, I had to get my own or take from the clients supplies. I was promoted because I was there longer than anyone else and that was only a few months.

A good company

Good pay and multiple work locations. This company is worldwide and offers different areas to work. Nashville office has site throughout Tennessee and kentucky.

Pros

Work 8 hours get paid for 8 hours

Contras

May have to drive a distance to a job location
Cultura laboral

Perfect if you're fresh out of school or bored during Retirement

Certain positions get paid more; yet are doing less dangerous work. Benefits are great if you are single. Only 7 days of paid vacation after a year of work. 10 days after 5 years.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Hours, Pay, Advancement

Decent Security Gig

If you can handle some job sites being kind of an organizational mess (at least while I was there), it's not a bad security gig. Mostly access control, patrolling, watching cameras, documentation, that kind of stuff. They've got armed or unarmed depending on your skillset and qualifications.

Pros

Decent Job Security, Benefits at some job sites, Pay can be decent, Usually overtime available

Contras

Pay scale seems a bit low for the industry at some sites, Management at some sites was sloppy, Personnel/staffing issues

Didn't promote qualified personnel

I worked 17 years intending to retire they laid me off work stating there was not enough work for me, yet they were still hiring for the location that I was working at.

Pros

Was able to go to school full time and work full time

Contras

Would only promote friends.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Out for themselves

Depending on the account they put you in, there is hardly ever any advancement opportunities at all. When other positions do open up, they select the ones they have ties with and not the ones that are qualified for the position. They will do and say anything to fill a shift, but will not help officers when needed. To put this plain and simple, Nashville TN G4S is high school all over again.....

Unprofessional

The leadership that I was placed under was very disrespectful and very unprofessional. Per-motions that was told that i would be given where not given and no explanation. There was no guidance given to officers on how to better themselves to go further in the company.

great work place

Normal comfortable job maintain a great work ethic in any situation not really hard if you follow directions working around guest everyday, meeting people and helping to meet the public & staff safety satisfaction.

Horrible Company, Horrible Managment

I would not suggest working for this company, They will have you driving over and hour away to make 9.50 when you were hired to work four miles away from home. i have yet to go to the post I was hired for. Horrible management,just in my short time there I have been under three different Area Supervisors, two different Operations managers and a new general manager. This company is all about what they can save to put in thier pocket, You have to fight to get your pay, overall would not suggest this to anyone.

Pros

nothing

everything

Review Summary

Communication is not good. Willing to work with schedule is good. Overtime offered is good. Overall a decent company to work for, leadership just lacks in communication.

Work you too death

Management lies and is just in it for the money. Officers are underpaid with no future. Good job for someone that is retired. Branch office sucks and needs to be restructured.

Contras

No breaks, Standing on feet long shifts

It's a job.

Overseas G4S is a great company, not so much in the US. The pay could be better. Armed guards get about 13 an hour, but unarmed get between 9 and 11 per hour. The pay wouldn't be bad if the benefits were decent. Management is a joke and favoritism is used for job advancement, not seniority and hard work.

Pros

if you are armed, you'll make decent money. Good coworkers

Contras

poor management, bad supervisors, poor benefits, favoritism is used, low pay for unarmed guards.

fun workplace

Busy and I love it. I learn a lot working at different site. Management was okay depends on the site I work at. The hardest part of the job is when you get people who don't want to follower the rules. I enjoy about the job was meeting new people

Pros

working different site

Cultura laboral

Good place to build from

Overall the opportunities and post assignments vary. Great environments for networking and exposure. Discounted benefit program comes in handy. Always room for overtime.

Bad place to work.

This company is not one you would want to work for. They do not have thier priorities straight, they drag their feet on everything, they nit pick on which of their guidelines they will actually follow, and above all they do a horrible job of doing their own job.

Poductive place to work.

Plenty of hours to work if you need them. Mangers were great to work with. Plenty of job sites to choose from and any shift. Co workers were great to work with and as a team.
Cultura laboral

Flexible schedule for college students

My experience with G4S was wildly different at each contract I worked under. The first was by far the best, with excellent immediate leadership and management. If my schedule was changed, I was notified in advance. My coworkers were generally pleasant and easy to work with. My second contract was a vastly different experience. Coworkers were catty and juvenile. Management didn't care about the needs of the individual security officers, making decisions based on how it made them look. I was not notified of schedule changes, making my life as a full-time college student very difficult. There were many examples of extreme favoritism toward certain officers by management with direct violations of rules and standards of conduct completely overlooked. G4S can be an excellent organization to work with, so long as you are lucky enough to be working under a contract with good people. There is room for advancement in the company, though it is extremely competitive.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Bad management, favoritism

The supervisors suck.

I started as a supervisor. I didn't like telling officers to stay past their shift. In some cases the captain would make the officer stay past 16 hours. She would fix the time, so it didn't look illegal. Because of her practices at that work site, I stepped down. She retaliated by scheduling me to different sites, knowing I couldn't work them. I eventually resigned after my calling the H.R. department and them not doing anything. I them spoke to corporate and again...crickets.

Pros

great trainers

racist
Cultura laboral

Great training and stepping stone for security industry software applications

Great training and career path for leading edge security industry software applications and Implementation. I direct a security team that is responsible for deterring crime, mall safety, and safety of patrons, staff and property of a public retail facility. Scheduling officers and foot patrol deployment scan routes. Mobile Security Patrols of a mile square facility. I manage the security team along working side by side with the retail facility General Manager, local authorities, police department and tenant staff of the retail facility. Weather makes it sometimes difficult for foot patrols. We have weather protective gear that helps finish the daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the facility staff and customers coming to shop at the property.

Pros

Training is available all the time and always work available for those who want to work.

Contras

Healthcare programs available are limited and a bit costly.
Cultura laboral

Not a stable work environment

Job station change at no moment notice til day of. Pay is decent and paid time off. Working personal doesn't comply well with daily life.
Cultura laboral

Productive place where juvinile offenders can rehabillitate themselves and learn great life concepts.

A typical day at work consist of group therapy, school, rec yard time, daily meetings , and incentives based on how the youth performed throughout the day. I learned a great deal of patience as well as understanding different points of views on life through other youths life journeys.

Pros

Helping the youth, flexible schedule, overtime

Contras

short breaks, on call job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general