logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Minneapolis, MN

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 45 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.400 evaluaciones

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I enjoy working for G4S. They are very supportive and will help you advance as long as you're pro-active. I see a lot of people complaining on here but I think its because they expect something for nothing. You have to speak up if you want something.

Pros

flexible work schedule.

Typical security job

It's just a regular security job. You go in and you're a warm body. If you're lucky you get a nice site and you don't have to do anything. If you aren't so lucky then you get a horrible site and will get abused until you quit.

It was overall on a 1-10 scale a 10!☺

These Are Great People! So many different ethnicities and everybody has the same thing in common! We all want to protect people. Definitely one of the best jobs I've every had!!! Great pay.

Pros

You meet new people everyday. From all different backgrounds and lifestyles.

Non

Typical Security Work

Worked as a flex officer. Schedule was pretty crazy, but I was able to work as much as I wanted. It's security work. Not hard. Most the people I worked with were pretty decent.

Pros

Easy

Boring
Cultura laboral

Great Place to be a supervisor

Would recommend. Great place to be a supervisor. Easy to get hired into supervisory positions that pay well. Honestly after getting my police certification I decided to stay with G4S because of the current state of the world, the positive atmosphere at G4S and the excellent compensation. Healthcare could be cheaper.

Pros

Pay

Contras

District Office can be frustrating to deal with
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Productive environment to focus and complete task.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at G4S is averagePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at G4S are 16 an hourJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at G4S, I think it’s very secure.ManagementIn general, managers at G4S are professional.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at G4S is an easy going experience.OverallMy experience working at G4S was a stable and consistent experience.
Cultura laboral

Management lacks communication and their system is outdated. No job security, they will fire you with no explanation or consideration. Would like for them to actually care for their internal employees
Cultura laboral

They will lie to you about hours and pay

Worked for G4S for a year in 2008. Was ok at best. 12 years later I reapply. At first the hours and pay were what I wanted. However, after 2 phone interviews, an in person interview and going to do the paperwork at the main office, they keep changing the position and hours and lowering the pay significantly until it's minimum wage once you see the conditional offer in writing. I have worked for the company and site before, have a relative college degree and 6 years working experience and this is how they treat me. That is why they'll tell you they have huge turnover, people quit by just now showing up, and basic guards are promoted to site managers within a few months because the company is terrible from the top down. Do NOT apply, try somewhere else.

Pros

Super easy work

everything

Not for everyone

Working for G4S was difficult due to a lot of miscommunication or no communication at all. Speaking with anyone other than your supervisor was frowned apon even when they were the ones to recommend you speak with someone else about a problem or concerns and that's only when you get in touch with someone above them. All calls either went to voice mail or was rerouted to someone else.

Overall pleasant so far.

G4S took over an account downtown from another security contract company. Still in transition, but overall things seem good. Great pay given amount of work being asked of staff. Management currently fairly hands on due to transfer of contract. All in all, probably best contract security outfit presently in downtown Minneapolis.
Cultura laboral

G4S is a good company where make many security officers happy.

I have been working for G4S for over 5 years, and the company have been treating me well. I like the people that I worked with daily basis and always enjoyed working with the clients.
Cultura laboral

A great company to work for as an entry-level Security Officer

As a Security Officer at G4S you perform the duties of a Security Officer to the best of your ability. I liked their online university. They are not keen on offering their guards fair wages.

Pros

They offer great benefits.

Mediocre pay rates.

Not sure

There’s lots of sites so lots of different experiences. It’s good for something to do part time as well as full time if you can find the right site for you

Very good company

A very good company that I learned a lot from. It gave me a lot of experience and knowledge about security. I would recommend this job to anyone that is interested in it.

G4s

I worked for G4S in Minneapolis,MN. And it’s was an easy job . I was stationed at Wells Fargo. I meet new people and learned a lot. I would recommend this job .

Managment is key

Work life balance is limited and you to strive to ensure you are a self motivator. Staffing is difficult in the MN market which causes many issues on any account you are working.

I stayed for my manager

i wanted to quit pretty early at this place. but my manager was very understand and easy to get along with. the site i worked at wasn't necessarily hard. but there was alot of me to do so i got stressed out pretty easily but again management is pretty awesome depending on the site you go to.
Cultura laboral

Used to love it, how's it's going downhill

I love doing security and I love Minneapolis, but I am getting really sick of the site manager. He picks favorites and reprimands only certain employees

Pros

Exciting

Bad management, favoritism

Management was great

Pay based off contract. But contracts always pay you very little 8-15 per hour. However you you're looking for some relaxed contracts while going to school. Able to work on school work and other stuff. They have armed contracts but they pay you less for them. Management is always willing to work with you. Especially as a CPO. Very military friendly.

Pros

As many hours as you want. Management was great

Pay

Low Pay, Poor Management

G4S located in Minnesota is a great company to work for. The G4S located in Ohio is completely different. They have poor management and extremely low pay rates.

The Truth

There is room for advancement. I worked here for years and was promoted just about every 1.5 years. I wanted a pay increase, and the only way to get one was to be promoted, but then the union was established which provided an annual increase for all union personnel but since I was a manager, I didn't receive that benefit or the "better" insurance package that was provided for union personnel. After years of being a manager here, I can tell you that I wouldn't work here again, let alone as a manager. The work-life balance if you have a family or have any desire to have a life outside of this job is horrid. And do not expect to be backed by the management at the headquarter office level. Unless there is a major problem with the client or a major increase is costs (NBOT), don't expect them to give you a second thought. To be a manager or have any title or promotion to any leadership position, you will have to sell yourself out and sacrifice anything outside of work outside of your vacation time. Being short staffed is a constant issue and has been since 2010 and it has never been resolved. The constant thought that if somebody calls off the shift, and management (you) can't get it filled, (you) must fill the shift even if you just wrapped up a 8, or 10, or sometimes even 16 hour day, is unethical, its wrong and it shows they don't have the manpower to sustain or perform . My assessment is that headquarters office cares about this: profit, and not dealing with complaints from the field or clients. As a leader or manager you will not be supported, you may get a head nod, -

Pros

career advancement

Contras

no work-life balance, as a person you don't matter, benefits don't cut it
  • Empresas