G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Milwaukee, WI

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 75 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 15.269 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Been with the company for over a year & witnessed the good and bad. G4S as a whole doesn’t look after their employees as they should. During the BLM, Asian Violence, LGBTQ movement nothing was said to whether they stand with the movements or against. When COVID hit, employees were not provided with sick pay or even a get well soon card. Extra coverage wasn’t provided & was advised work within ( = figure it out amongst yourselves even if you’re overworked). the job pays the bills, puts food on the table & clothes on your back.. nothing more and nothing less
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits, Poor Management, lack of diversity training
Cultura laboral
Although I loved the environment, security has a high turn-over rate. I enjoyed meeting new people all the time due to working at different cites. You have to move around a lot.
Pros
Pay, and the opportunity to work at different cites and meet new people
Contras
The policies change so frequently
Cultura laboral
worse company to work for . bad communication. they will tell you anything to use you and get over on you. The office is very nonprofessional. They show favoritism .
Cultura laboral
On a typical day I get to work around 11:55pm and receive the pass down. I then clean up and do some safety checks. I do two patrols of the facility that last about an hour each to check for safety issues and to check and secure doors. while not on patrol i monitor the CCTV cameras. Around 5:50am the first shift facility employees start coming in and i have to check in the contractors and employees who forget their access badge.Then I go home around 7 o clock.
Pros
I work with a good team of people and i get along well with client employees a
3rd shift, pay rate, amount of vacation, and benifits
Cultura laboral
Depends on your Supervisors Working with others can make things more difficult/easy depending on the individuals. The sites are what you make of it. Can be fun or not.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Wrote reports on property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, and unusual occurrences. Responded quickly to medical emergencies, bomb threats, and fire alarms.
Pros
lots of overtime
not the nest benefits
Cultura laboral
A good company that promotes officers. The vacation policy got worse. More concerned over corporate policy then the officers Wackenhut was bought by G4S and things and the officers were treated worse.G4S is a good company but corporate policy masde things worse for the officers.
Pros
good schedules
hourly rate varies
Cultura laboral
I have enjoyed my almost 10 years with the company as it is a leader in the security industry but I feel that my time within the security field has come to an end. I'm looking for a new career path. My coworkers and managers have been extremely supportive throughout my time with the company. I started as an entry level employee and I'm now one of the managers running the office for the entire state. The hardest part about the job is the time it takes away from your family as the job seems to never have a time where the duties don't become easier. The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to help not only the company with relations with clients/vendors but also being able to help employees advance as well.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cultura laboral
hardest part of the job is the boredom plus the low pay and we are the first target for gunmen if they see a security officer in uniform with a badge they will fire at us first, and most of our traditional security officers are unarmed
Cultura laboral
Busy How to show authority but also empathy. I had some wonderful superiors who support me and encourage me to progress. Unpredictable hours. Knowing that with good work ethics and hard work, I can progress.
Pros
An opprotunity to advance when in the right environment.
Contras
The pay could be more family sustaining.
Cultura laboral
It was great to work there. Everyone got along for the most part. They have many sites to work at and all shift hours. They give great benefits for full time workers. They are a little costly. Its a great company. I would go back if they had the hours i needed.
Cultura laboral
It's an awesome company. They are helpful, fun, kind people to be around. A lot of opportunities and they do not discriminate, they will hire anyone.
Cultura laboral
On a normal work day it is a continuous amount of movement during an eight hour shift. The job duties consist of standing, walking and sitting along with typing and answering phone calls and emails. There are times where emails and/or phones call may come through and need to be responded to immediately by replying with an answer to the occurrence or by going to a specific area in the facility to complete a task. As a security officer I am required to assist; vendors, deliveries from companies by directing or contacting certain staff to attend to the deliveries and team members as needed. If it is not related to security I redirect the questions or concerns to the appropriate person far as chain of command. My position with this company is a shift lead officer. I am responsible for training all new guards over three days. (touring the facility; four levels, outside, alarms, fire panel, and how to respond to things that only occur randomly) I am responsible for checking all reports completed by each guard (one per shift) to ensure each report has listed all required inputs such as correct punctuation marks; spelling, time sequenced, specific occurrences are highlighted in red, the access cards and keys inventory were counted, and the buildings lights are on/off. There may be times where I assist my supervisor with tasks for the security team or for the facility. I am the only guard who works under/ with the supervisor. I report all problems, occurrences, or questions to him that I can't answer. At the end of the shift I am responsible for passing down necessary information to - más...
Pros
Free lunch and meet/see all of the activities that only go on during 1st shift
Contras
Breaks are subject to be cut due to the need of the client
Cultura laboral
A typical dat at work will consist of doing patrols around the property. I learn new things everyday
No time for school
Cultura laboral
loved working here, great management and co-workers were always kind and easy to work with. and posed for great opportunities to work outside of town to widen experience.
Pros
break time
danger of injury
Cultura laboral
The time here was stressful the Lt. harassed me and lied on my character I felt as if I was a criminal everyday. I did learn to investigate incidents effectively. I would how ever go back to this position.
Pros
Investigator techinques
haressment
Cultura laboral
I learned better communication skills while working with sum hard working reliable co-workers and supervisor the only problem is the schedule I would rather have a more flexible schedule. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Cultura laboral
due to positive people learning was easy for the students dedicated teachers and stuff ran the business to the best of there ability on a daily basics.
Pros
affective
company closed down
Cultura laboral
All sites have the basic need, observe and report. However, the sites are unique and fun within themselves as well as the extent of your requirements for each site.
Cultura laboral
Management is the one who makes the big bucks. Anyone else gets nothing out of this job but a paycheck. No real increases per year, health insurance more expensive than Obamacare, no benefits other than your earned vacation, no advancement to speak of. The only reason you would work for this sorry operation is to pay your bills, not make a career. Forced overtime, no matter what your plans might be. Pay you "training pay" when you are forced to attend Saturday or Sunday "training", which is $7.50/hour. Discipline is harsh and swift with no real chance of appealing your reprimand/suspension. You are in the wrong no matter who was at fault. The "client" is always right.....even when they are wrong ! If you decide to work for this company the effort you put forth will not be recognized in any meaningful way. Working for this circus of a company should only be to keep from ending up homeless. That's my take.
Pros
It's a paycheck in an economy where no one is really hiring.
Contras
All other parts of this company is a negative or a con.
Cultura laboral
working a eight hour shift, scanning the perimeter of the building to insure safety to the public.
Pros
armed while insuring saftey
Will explain