logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Miami, FL

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 133 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

It was good when I started

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I started as a manager and then from one month to the next I was demoted out of nowhere after bending over backwards for them to tell me my position was never permanent. Ended up leaving a week after being moved to a different, lesser paying post.

Pros

Great pay

Management went down hill

Very safe and secure

A typical work day consists of patrolling the campus and making sure everything is safe and secure. Observing and reporting. Unlocking and locking building and classrooms upon request. After 6 years, I have learned how to successfully write reports and give detailed information. My coworkers and I have all got along. The hardest part of the job was detaining rude and obnoxious students and/or guests. The most enjoyable part of this job is the environment and friendly atmosphere. I love people.

Pros

Half off school rate

Contras

riding around entire campus on bike in to humidity

Amazon Fulfillment Security

A typical work day includes overviewing 6 people per shift, labor scheduling, screening/metal detectors, operating CCTV and observing and reporting any unusual activity. Amazon makes it a fun environment to work in, I love how each day brings diversity. The biggest focus of this job is access control. The most enjoyable part would be working in a friendly work place.

Security Officer

Responsible for the access and egress of the public to restricted areas. Daily monitoring of restricted areas for safety compliance. Prepare written and oral reports of resolution on any problems encountered. Provide assistance to emergency requests from hospital staff on persons with violent, unruly or disruptive behavior in compliance with safety procedures. Provide information to public on medical facilities, areas of special needs and restricted areas. Perform Shift Supervisor duties as required. Duties: Upon report, receive shift supervisor information on incidents, BOLO’s, safety inspections and other security related reports, such as area’s requiring additional screening or patrol.Provide perimeter surveillance on routine and special patrols in facility.
Cultura laboral

Good job and good for recognition

A typical day at work consist of communicating with residents and visitors that arrive on site. Always asked for Directions and map reading is a must. Co-workers are former Law Enforcement, Military or Corrections and are always on time on post. No part of the job is difficult as long as you follow post orders and regulations. Communicating with residents to see how they are doing is the best part of my day.

Pros

Good Pay

work on the weekend
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

My experience at G4S

A typical day of work is all depend of the post, some post you have to enforce more rules than others, in my case I was in a arm post very good post it was at Univision channel. I learned a lot about the security job for example how to write reports and how to react to different situation and provide customers services. My managements is really good because they are prepared people. My co-workers are very prepared because they was military, police officers or bachelors degree like me.

Pros

a lot of overtime

call outs
Cultura laboral

Good

Good pay starting out depends on what location you are placed at. Good for military just getting out of active duty to have a start at a job to keep some money flowing.
Cultura laboral

Not a strong work enviroment

Hours were very limited. Management was poorly trained and didnt know how to work as a team. We almost never had the supplies to perform adequately
Cultura laboral

I really enjoy working at G4S, it is a good company to work for.

-A typical day at work is very enjoyable, I get to work with people with different ethnicity. -I learned professionalism and what good work ethic. -My co-workers are wonderful. - I don't find any hard part of my Job, everything is fun to do. -The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service.

Pros

Pay vacation

Pay breaks
Cultura laboral

Great job to start with while still studying

G4S offered me a part time job while being very flexible around my school hours. It was also good to start within my field of study. Within the three years of working within security I did enjoy most of my posts. My last post's typical day was working at the front desk and securing a very large company. I learned a few new things at different security posts. My co-workers were great, however, being a sergeant rank, I had to report a few who failed to do simple tasks countless times. Hardest part of my job was when I had to get involved with serious crowd control. The most enjoyable part was having to go to the shooting range and train to renew our G-license. Also, the K-instructor as well as other instructors were knowledgeable, and understanding. G4S had strictness, yet respectful.

Pros

Working with different large companies & meeting celebrities.

Poor benefits

Large, public transportation project

My position as a major and shift commander of such a large project was a very responsible job. I was in charge of several supervisors and officers, in addition to being responsible for all major decisions involving any potential liability issues, such as arrests and uses of force, etc...

Pros

Had the freedom to run my shift as I sought fit

Contras

Had to deal with staffing issues, Which was difficult
Cultura laboral

A good solid place to start working.

Most of the activities are to be kept confidential at work, but it teaches you to be always detail orientated and focused.

Pros

great hours

Contras

A lot of periods of no activity, very controlled environment
Cultura laboral

better than the last one

Get to post and there is nothing to do other than look at this green wall and stair at the computer screen cause they don't want you on the internet, if ask for days off you might get them or your schedule might change all the way around

Pros

relax good post

policy changes every 2 weeks
Cultura laboral

good security company to work for during my employment

working for Wackenhut corporation during time of stay was great meeting different people at every post learning as im place different post site getting the experience to move forward in security business.
Cultura laboral

A Residential Facility for Juvenile Delinquent Youths.

As a treatment team leader a typical day at work consist of completing weekly reviews, performance plans, 90 day summaries and release Summaries, Needs Assessment and RPACT. Conducting weekly formal and informal meetings. Contacting Youths families weekly and JPO monthly. Collecting inputs from Therapists, Medical Department, Transitional Specialist, Education and Recreations. Hardest part of my Job seeing the youth go through uncontrollable emotions and frustration, and not able to handle them in a acceptable manner. Enjoyable part of the job watching the youth complete the program successfully and returning back to their community.

Great place to work.

The office staff at G4S is very professional. The clients that is contracted with G4S is very professional as well. I wake every day looking forward to serving G4S and it's silents.
Cultura laboral

Great stepping stone for law

Have had many encounters with positive supervisors about the company's rules and regulations with security in regards to having positive control of situations. Great PR with public
Cultura laboral

Really nice place to work.

The job was at the Miami international airport. It dealt with customers which I enjoy. You can also make commission. It was a professional setting. Fast paced as well.

Pros

The commission

The hourly pay was low

Dont work here

PAY is bad. ADMIN is terrible. No sick days. You get vacation on anniversary day only so if you dont work NO PAY. Waste of time.

Cultura laboral

Not so professional security company (only particular to Miami-Dade office)

This company is a great security company but it just seems that the Miami office doesn't manage or run their branch of the company as the other ones around the nation. There was un-professionalism that was taking place at my post that was addressed to management and it was not dealt with. I'd work for this company again just not in the Miami area.

Pros

Pay is the highest paying in the city.

poor management

Horrible/ Avoid this place

Corruption and harassment in the place. The corporate office does nothing about it. The majors and receptionist are liars. They do not care about their employees. As long as their posts are covered they could careless if you were in a car accident because you are replaceable. That's why they are getting sued by so many people. Avoid this place. They have no benefits either.

Contras

No benefits and they do no care about the employees
  • Empresas