logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Livonia, MI

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 38 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.407 evaluaciones

Plenty of room to grow

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I've worked here about two years now. There are lots of opportunities to grow because you can basically be sited anywhere based on your credentials. They train you for everything except CPL. Easy and simple job if you follow protocols. You could enter this company with nothing and gain everything in a short time. Once you're trained, management isn't really involved at all. Basically forgotten about until you reach out. For some people, that's good news..

Pros

Ease of growth and independence

You're basically a barcode
Cultura laboral

Know your just another number on a spread sheet

If you want to make money this is the place. Other than that there isn't much else. Management are just puppets for corporate management. Revolving door of employees
Cultura laboral

Working for G4s as a Court Officer was a experience I will never forget! The brotherhood knowing fellow Officer doing helping 5,000 customer a day

While working as a Court Officer was a great experience meeting different people from around the world. Learning how handle all different type of matter and situations.

Site Security Supervisor

My tasks and responsibilities were balanced well; however you have to be responsible and disciplined. I certainly stayed busy and did spend a lot of time supervising over the staff to ensure our client was satisfied. Overall the client and employees respected me and enjoyed dealing with me on a daily basis. GS4 is a great company and I certainly would work for them again!

Pros

Not mirco-managed by coporate office, but we had a great rapport.

Contras

Worked random shifts to pull unannounced visits. (Kept staff on their feet)

Contract employee

My experience was not typical for G4S. I worked in management role and had no issues. I was a Technology specialist and not a Security officer. Worked there for 8 years. Steady pay and work. However I've seen others struggle there, payroll issues and supervisors who didn't know how to manage people. Not ideal.

Pros

Steady work

Hr problems
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

not a very fun place to work for

The management there had no idea what they were doing. People were always telling you how and when to do things and always back stabbing each other. It is a union job and after being there for years there were no raises at all. The only way to advance in the company and receive more money you had to apply for other positions.

Ok place to work

The company wasn't bad. Only problem I had was when I got injured at work I lost my vacation time but not my seniority. They refused to give me my time.

Pros

Fun place to work

Contras

High health care costs, low wages

Job is terrible

Honestly when I first started this job I was told that you could advance and make more money. Until they actually send you to a site. After that they basically say “Screw you!” You work long hours for close to minimum wage pay. At my site in Livonia, Mi my supervisor has his favorite employees who were always allowed to call off work when they wanted and not be penalized for it. Meanwhile people that show up to work on time on a daily basis and work very hard. Can’t ask for a day off. I was also told that if I did not like a site that I could notify corporate and be switched(Not true). I would NOT and I repeat NOT recommend this job to anyone unless you are desperate for work

Pros

Benefits

Contras

The job as a whole
Cultura laboral

loved the safety culture and treatment of employees

Working for G4S I had the opportunity to provide service to one of the big three automotive companies where the safety culture was the overriding priority. Fair treatment of employees.
Cultura laboral

Satisfied with G4S security and I will work with them again.

G4S security provided a great opportunity to work in a professional environment clean environment. To utilize my skills necessary for all tasks and job duties. I will recommend this job to my friends and family and others.

Pros

Na

Na

horrible mangement

working here is like working for a highschool. alot of pettiness, alot of hating, alot of bad mouthing, just a lot of bad business in general. i would never ask anyone to work here.

security in security

Higher pay for security work, The benefits are alright and some of the sites are a bit challenging but at the end of the day, its fair pay. You will never work over 4 hours overtime.

Contras

you only get a .50 raise and told when the company makes a profit youll get a raise.
Cultura laboral

Productive and good working conditions

Detect, deter, and report unusual activities in the working environment. Management was just fantastic, and my co-workers was very supportive went I needed it

Pros

Free lunch vouchers

Short breaks
Cultura laboral

Job for young single people.

The hardest part of the job is staying away from negativity. Staying to your self is the best thing you can do. Greeting visitors and employees is what I pretty much do. The most enjoyable part is turning someone's bad day into a good one.
Cultura laboral

A very good company to work for

While working for G4S it was very good days at work the only thing that was bad was standing in the cold at Bank of America, I will recommend other to this company

Pros

Paid lunch breaks

Contras

Standing in the cold all day

Review

The company is a good company that offers a great pay rate, good benefits, work hours, and opportunities to advance in the company. I would still be working there if the companies policies had not change.

Pros

pay rate and benefits

policy changes

Good Workplace except management

Management would always hold workers for twelve hour shifts,

Pros

Paid Breaks

Treatment of workers
Cultura laboral

Very diversified and enjoyable to work with and meet with new people.

A typical day at work for me is very basic which includes monitioring DVR'S and providing excellent customer service as well as safety for others. The best part of my job I really find enjoyable are all of the new faces I had the opportunity to meet.

Pros

New people, learning different job responsibilities

Possible safety issues.

A place to advance

Very easy job, where you can advance easily.Co-Workers gossip to much rather than mind their own business. Hardest part of the job is getting your paper work cleared by upper management, They are very slow. Best part about the job is that it is easy and relaxing.

Pros

Advancement, good pay, & good management

Last minute overtime
Cultura laboral

Company pays a decent wage but the uniforms are made poorly & fall apart when washed. Also, the insurance is not that good.

A typical day at my job can be nice or it can be hectic depending on the post that I am assigned to. If I am at the 87 truck gate, I can look forward to a very fast paced shift. Most of the truck traffic comes thru that gate. The 57 truck gate is a little slower. The shuttle driver from plant 58 picks up loads 3 times an hour & occasionally local drivers come in to pick up loads or empty trailers. When I sit at console, I record the daily activity report for my shift, answer phone calls, monitor the cameras, greet visitors & employees. When on patrol, I survey the outer & inner perimeter of GM in a patrol vehicle, hitting checkpoints with a toco wand, taking readings on the risers, & watching for anything unusual. I think the hardest part of my job would be on a day at the 87 truck gate when the traffic is so heavy that I can't even take a minute to get a bite to eat. Once I had to work the truck gate on July 5 & the truck traffic was so heavy my supervisor was outside helping me for 2 or 3 hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I have met drivers from all over the country, some of which have become friends. I have learned that GM supports many charities which they allow us to participate in, I have also made a lot of friends at my job

Pros

The overtime. When there is a sservice request going on at GM, you get a lot of that.

great work place

very good company with good staff, always made sure things where going smooth.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general