logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Las Vegas, NV

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 99 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15,407 evaluaciones

Nothing much.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Office managers are terrible! Definitely need to be replaced with people who know what they’re doing. Unarmed guards are under paid. And management expects yiu to bend over for them but can never throw you a bone.

No review

No comment No Review. I have no more say. It's wonderful. I have nothing to say in this review. I've worked for G4S for over 11 years. It's a job and i have to work to pay my bills and live.

work

Great place to work, enjoyed the type of work, seeing others excel and be more proficient. Hardest part is dealing with unions, but have others to assist.
Cultura laboral

It was nice to help customers when needed

Be visible to deter crime, patrol the property looking for hazards or discrepancy's to insure safety for all. I kept a hourly log of activities. I helped anyone who needed help. I was responsible for lock down at the end of the day. I also opened rooms for gatherings and closed up when the were finished. Slow easy pace most of the time

Pros

Nice to go outside for patrols on a nice day

Some security haters
Cultura laboral

G4S is a great company to work for the management this company is very experienced the treat their employees well they work along with their employees

G4S is an outstanding company to be employed by they treat their employees well their management is well structured they acknowledge an employee's performance they give achievement awards to the employees that do well in egg knowledge in their performance on the job I highly recommend this security company in this town as one of the top ones to be glad to be employed by

Pros

Employees are treated very fairly

I have none
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Need more compinsation

I was sick for a time earlier in the year and they held my job. Pay or compensation should be better. There seams to be more concerned about the client than the employee.

Contras

No breaks or lunch periods.
Cultura laboral

Strong Lack of Management.

The management plays a very strong role at G4S, yet they are the most disorganized, selfish, backwards bunch ever to be in the Las Vegas area. They constantly lose contracts, employ officers that quit frequently or are not qualified. Constantly changing rules for individuals. Favoritism is present in this company and it's apparent. The General Manager does not care for his employees and will simply avoid any real confrontation. If you have any significant problems, the GM will not help you. If you try to move on to the next step in a complaint and call corporate it is pointless. They are all friends and no one wants to get their friends in trouble, so your complaint is disregarded like it never happened. If you try to advance, it will only be temporary and they'll knock you back down to the position you started in or give you unrealistic working conditions and times to force you to quit. The pay is unreliable. One person will tell you a pay rate and you arrive to a site and it is typically lower than the initial pay that was stated. Communication is a joke, if they lose a contract (they have lost so many, so it'll likely happen during your employment) you may be sent somewhere with extremely low pay working longer hours. Why I say communication is a joke is because no one will tell you when and where you're supposed to be, if they want you to float all over the valley working parking lot security and next your "guarding" an unfinished warehouse with no electricity at 2AM. Management has poor communication with the client, so then the client is typically upset with -

Pros

None.

Contras

Poor management, unreliable pay, unreliable benefits, sometimes bad working conditions, unqualified people.

Fast-paced work environment

Easy job Bike patrolling around the hospital campus making sure patients, staff, and guest vehicles are safe. We make sure that hospital patients are not roaming outside without a nurse present. I've learned a lot about working in security all while never having any kind of experience with in the field. Most security officers have a ton of military experience. I didn't think I was going to be good at doing this job, but according to my supervisor I learned very quickly to be one of the best officers she's had in a long time. The culture of working at a hospital is helping and greeting people. I love to talk to people and make them feel safe and secure. Everyone from the president of the hospital all the way down to the coffeeshop employees we all come together to make the place as comfortable for our guest as much as possible.

Pros

Getting to meet people

Contras

Working in different weather conditions

Wackenhut

This review if for those that want to work at the Nevada Test Site with Wackenhut... The pay is excellent but the location is horrible. One must sacrifice themselves for this money. The location is about 1 hour north of Las Vegas. You can do more research if you want.

Pros

Pay

Contras

location, and hours worked.

broke down sites

did not have proper equipment to do job. got a new uniform every other year. no time for breaks. company did not help employees unless it was very important of life threatening

Pay wasn't enough

I enjoyed the people that I would get to meet each day, but the money that I was making wasn't enough. The onsite manger of the building was extremely unprofessional and would often times ask me to sweep up trash outside of the building, which wasn't part of my job.

Pros

working independently

being harrassed
Cultura laboral

Great company to work for.

Staff was excellent and work sites were always there. Schedules were always posted ahead of time. Anytime you needed to work overtime, it was usually available.

Review.

so working here is really difficult, the real problem is if you have serious confrontations such as drunk people, gun fights, people fighting, aggressive homeless people etc. or sometimes even little things. why? because legally as a security guard you don't have any more legal authority (as least in NV) so you're more in the sense a good samaritan citizen. so this is day-to-day thing you should keep in mind & its also the hardest part of the job. the best is having a steady paycheck & loads of overtime.

Pros

overtime, steady job

dangerous work places.

Fun to work with G4S.

G4S gave me the opportunity to work with them on a different line of industry {security}. I learned to interact with people in the work place. My Area Supervisor at present is very supportive in all aspect of my job. He regularly communicates with me and give me timely updates on what to do and not what to do. However, no salary increases for the past 3 years I've been working in my present job site, No medical benefits whatsoever, too.

Pros

Enjoyable, as I am left alone in my job site.

No healthcare benefits.
Cultura laboral

company not interested in well being of employees

Company managed and run poorly, not room for much advancement. They do not help or try to advance employees everyone is left to figure things out for themselves until issues are presented.

Pros

flexibility

Contras

can go without work for weeks

Don't work here

G4S Las Vegas, was very shady, and had many problems (at least back in 2008/2009). Management was horrible, but MY immediate supervisor was Awesome! The job was easy to me, but wasn't for everyone, many hated it, or couldn't handle it and quit. It's Boring mostly, always constantly on your feet, little to no breaks, and always in the extreme heat and cold with no way to get out of it. No paid vacations, no time off, no way to progress or move up, it was a lousy, boring, tough, mindless, dead end job. oh, and As a BPO, you can NEVER leave the property or job site (as with most security jobs), you can't ever be late, and they constantly monitor you thru cameras and a GPS computer you wear. Not that it's a big issue, its normal in these jobs, but it's not for everyone. I'm glad I left. If you are just wanting a part time job or retiree job, this may work for you. It's not for everyone.

Pros

simple job

Cultura laboral

Please dont get sick. Because you have to have your shift covered to go to doctor's appointments. If you do call off sick you will be written up.

This company does not care about you. Wake you up out of sleep to cover a post. There is no advancement here. All you will ever be is a security card. Working for this company is horrible

Pros

Depending on the contract. Good paid vacation!

Work you like a dog

g4s

it is a life style. plenty of overtime. diverse work and structure place too work. meet different people every day. different places to work a way of getting difference with leave the state.
Cultura laboral

Reasonable company to work for.

The only problems that would constantly come up, would be the everyday call offs, however I worked the hospital site which is sort of expected because of the constant hectic schedule. There is no permanent schedule when it comes to knowing what days off you will have, it is constantly changing from week to week and when you try to ask for days off they don't afford you the time off to spend with family. When you sign up to work the site it is told before hand, but they did not explain how severe the constant changing would be. Other sites I have worked at were much more relaxed and slow paced.

Pros

Work perks and other benefits. always have overtimeif needed. Employee parking

Contras

Missed lunches and breaks constantly, hard to obtain time off, constant required overtime or double shifts, poor management and planning

Disrespectuful, and lacking honesty

Despite being hired on at their "top level of security" They placed me into a position slotted for their lowest level. They did not talk to me about this before hand and they didn't even bother to try and figure out if the particular schedule they put me on would be okay for my personal life.
Cultura laboral

No medical or retirement benefits

This is a good job for a temporary fix. This is not a company to work for if you are looking for a career. This is a paycheck only company that assists none with benefits.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en G4S. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general