logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Lansing, MI

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 8 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

The bad

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The company paid good when they needed people. Once the company got their foot in the door. Began replacing higher paid workers with scabs. Inexperienced supervisors made poor decisions with no grievance possible.

Pros

Good pay at first.

Contras

Reduced hours if you ask questions.

Treated badly

Promises things that never happen. Even with vacation time they cancel them all the time. Was given a verbal write up for now making it to a shift even though they knew the day before I was admitted to the hospital. All customers at my post loved me and hated to see me leave. Just wanted my vacation time that was promised all year.

Pros

I liked the Bank Employees and customers.

Contras

Outside no matter the weather. Supervisors dont care how you are or whats going on.

Great training.

G4S makes sure that before you go to a job site that you are as fully trained as you can be to perform your job well. CPR/AED training and drills throughout the year in real world situations so folks will perform correctly when the need arises. First-Aid and first response training to know what you can and cannot do during a medical emergency. Fire brigade training so you know how everything works if you need to combat a fire. Firearm safety training if your job site requires guard to have a firearm to deter problems.

Over Worked and Under Paid

I gave this job a 1 star rating on everything for a few reasons. The first reason I gave this job a one star rating is because I am always being forced to go to work early or stay over late along with being forced in to work on my day off. With that being said I cannot make any plans with my family with out them being ruined because I have to go in on my day off. I have worked for G4S for a year and I am still the lowest seniority on my shift and there are two people with lower seniority between all the shifts. The next reason I gave G4S a one star rating is because of the pay and benefits. I started out making eleven dollars about a year ago. I just got my year raise to eleven dollars and thirty cents. After five years I will top out at eleven dollars and ninety cents. Supervisors do not make much more than a dollar than the officers. The benefits are expensive but with all the overtime we put in it is not so bad but, if you were to work a normal work week it would be really expensive. Job security and advancing in the company is a very complicated subject. It is complicated because when you go to an interview or to the training, the inteviewer and trainer will tell you that there is a little overtime and that there is a lot of room for advancement. What they do not tell you is that you will be working 12 hour shifts 5 to 6 days a week with a occasional 16 hour work day. Working this many hours it is hard to stay awake and not get fatigued. Fatigued people make mistakes, if you make a big mistake because you are tired they will fire you usually no questions asked. That makes -

No breaks

terrible company

very little to no regard for the employees. new employees always leave after or during the first week of training the stress of working 6 days a week 12 hours a day is ridiculous. Site coordinators were very good supervisors and did what they could to keep the officers and supervisors happy but the company usually stood in the way of most attempts.

everything about them
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Do not work here

Horrible management. You do a lot of work for very little pay. The lansing, mi site is where i worked. Cant speak for other sites.
Cultura laboral

Horrible communication among staff and supervisors

I just didn't like how they could force you to work 12 hour days and how you would be written up for calling in sick 24 hours beforehand. Regardless if there was a doctors note or not.
Cultura laboral

Would not recommend this company to anyone!

The worst job I have ever had. I have not seen a company that has worse management and organizational skills. Do not apply at G4S it is not worth the headache and the waste of your life!

Pros

None.

Everything.