logotipo de la empresa G4S
G4S
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de G4S en Irving, TX

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 42 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 15.405 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Depends who you get good with

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Get in good with the managers you will definitely be okay try to stay cool with just your co workers you’ll hear complaining all day like your in high school
Cultura laboral

Overworked and pay does not match

They put so much pressure and stress on you. You can't call of even if it's an family emergency. It's not a balanced of home and work. You have alot to do for the pay you will be getting. I have have work for four different sites and still wasn't promised the pay and location I applied for.

Pros

Free lunches at times

Short Breaks, Management are not truthful

Well....it's a paycheck.

If you go in not expecting too much from anybody in management, you'll do just fine here. Most importantly, be sure to get everything in writing, and be sure to log your hours, because promises are easily broken, and hours are easily cut.

Pros

Yeah right.

Contras

Minimum room for advancement, no dependable coworkers or management, unless you're lucky, and say good bye to your social life.
Cultura laboral

There is not perfect job because work is work!

My experience and someone else’s experience will be different. So it’s all about what you are looking for! They have different job site for G4s so you have to find what works for you and you’re situation and be willing to come to work during your schedule time!

Pros

It’s a job, you get paid, and you can move to different site

Contras

People not showing up, folks that aren’t true leaders, and people that quit because they are ask to do their job

They don’t care

They care more about money coming than the people they are placing in. Plenty of times where I was in danger and they didn’t give 2 thoughts about it. Especially since they knew I have PTSD and they hand picked me to deal with it. You can’t ever get in touch with head people there and they’re not willing to help you find work just place you in a desk and keep you on hold until forever so they can do whatever they want.

Pros

Work close to home

Pay, communication, management, everything
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Easy

This is a very easy work environment , you get paid to do nothing , all staff is cool and fun to be around . managers are cool, there is a urine drug test

G4S aka "stepping stone"

1 star. Ok, 1 1/2 star.That's probably giving them too much.Use this job opportunity to get your level 2, stay to keep this bills paid, save money to get your level 3 (from an outside source) then move on. I could burn G4S way worse, but I'll keep it short and sweet with what I typed here."STEPPING STONE" trust me, if you run into anybody else who's worked for G4S in past, they'll tell you the same information, I guarantee it.Take this review SERIOUSLY. It will save you time, resources and a ton of stress!!

Pros

Daily pay, new faces often (turn-over rate high) lots of sites (good luck on getting the one you want/deserve))

NO PAID HOLIDAYS ; Poor Management ; You're just number. Quantity OVER Quality

Horrible

Worst company to work for. HR lies to you and then you have people not doing their jobs. U have some people who work hard and others not so much. Dont work here!!!

I loved working here

Really good place to work, the managers and trainers were so helpful. Its been my favorite job i had to quit but i will love to go back some day, i really enjoyed working there.

Pros

The pay

Short on staff

Nothing to say

They need to do more investigating before making decisions about the so called clients states. They don't listen to their employees or believe in them.
Cultura laboral

productivity and excellent customer relation.

it is a place to help and assist and provide security and safe working environment to customers. Additionally, be involved and proactive in providing good customer service for the customers and all those who need your assistance.

Its Ok

Its an ok place to work but the management is very poor. wish i could list out names but they leave you high and dry. if you loose your post hmmm they throw any kind of shift to you. not speaking for myself because i never had any problems with them but my spouse was treated like nothing. they dont communicated with you properly but its a good place to work though thats why i may recommend it to friends

Great company

They offer a lot of advancement. Pay is different per site. Benefits are expensive. They give free CPR & first aid classes. One of the highest paid companies with top name sites

Pros

Pay/training and room to grow

Part-Time in Texas

They WILL NOT hire you Part-Time if you still work Full-Time for another security company. They stated to me it was a conflict of interest. I was told the opposite by the recruiting office in Florida when setting up my interview. The Irving, Texas office was really nice to me about it and apologized for waisting our time.

Depends

It’s an okay company to work for , it just depends on who you’re working under . Unlike me i had a horrible supervisor the communication was trash , the only time i would hear back from him is when i’ll try to call in . ( for real health reasons ) I honestly wouldn’t work for this company again. Due to that supervisor.

Advancement opportunities

Typical day at work involved going to the client site, to whatever post is scheduled. My post is the control officer, which involved surveillance of the site through over 150 cameras, keeping track of the locations of all other security officers in case of emergencies, responding to those emergencies by calling paramedics if necessary, and dispatching security officers to any alarms raised on the site.
Cultura laboral

Relaxed and fun place to work

Very fun place to work and relaxed. The site managers are awesome I would highly recommend working for this company. But it is all about site choice. If you get the wrong site you might be there for a long tome before you will be able to move to a better site

The Site Assigned

The first site I worked was Studio Movie Grill. Usually there was little to nothing to do. However, an occasional fight or disagreement between Management and the public, at which time Security would intervene. Most of the time the Security presence would deescalate a situation before it got out of hand. The final site I worked was at a financial facility. On day shift we basically dealt with medical emergencies or escorting terminated employees from the premises. As 3rd Shift Supervisor, I ensured all company vehicles were gassed and ready for the following day. Routine maintenance was noted and passed up the chain of command to be performed. Monitored 10 lobbies either by camera or by Security Officers at 5 different building locations. Oversaw up to two Security Officers in the Command Center and two mobile patrol Officers. I was also in charge of ensuring all Daily Activity Reports were properly filed from every Security Officer who worked, at every building, on every shift, every day.

Pros

Close to home and decent pay.

Client micro-managed constantly.
Cultura laboral

Good job but it's time for me to move on to something better. we give out access to customers and contractors, monitoring cameras via monitoring systems
Cultura laboral

Don't work for this company

Your operations and area supervisors will lie to you if you do a good job if the client doesn't like you and will move you blaming the problem on you and remove you off their property asap. I resigned after 21 years because of moving from post to post and being lied too. Their weapons are knockoffs and out of date, they give you a 6 shooter also. Pay raises are never given to their employees. Employees are given a paper plaque and collar lapel to wear on your shirt every five year with the company. In your 10 years the same thing and a G4s booklet to buy their companies junk items, 15 years a paper plaque, collar lapel and the G4s booklet again , 20 years a paper plaque, collar lapel and cash, no much for your good work. You can be rehired if the Office management likes you. They will beg you to do extra hours even if you've worked 12 hour shifts. Benefits are horrible based on your site location which is a ripoff. Commissioned Officers are paid less than the regular guards too. Things that are fully paid by the company 40 hour certification that's if you beg to work, CPR and first aid, and uniforms. They also only mandatory make you stay after your shift for up to four hours or more. They have back up officers called floaters and field supervisors that go to multiple sites and they are severally over worked plus you have to train on your site. They are a world wide company. They will let you get extra hours as much as you want by going to other sites not being trained to do the job.

Pros

Pay out money on vacation pay

Gives employees a old 6 shooter weapon to use for work

male and miltary desired

Hard for women to be promoted, management is hard too talk too. Opportunity for promotion is slow for women, military personnel are preferred and treated with higher regards. I love my post , my pay is decent, wish management was more transparent.

Pros

certain sites pay more

slow promotions for women